Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Helicopter over Maynooth last night

Options
  • 23-09-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what was up? It looked like it was hovering over Tesco at about 1.30am and was there for a good 20 minutes. They circled out over Moyglare a couple of times and went back to the same spot. The noise is phenomenal and it felt like it shook the whole house :D! I found a YouTube clip here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

It was noisy alright. Looked to us like it was over Carton when it was hovering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was collecting the wife and kids from friends kids party yesterday and they said the garda chopper was over Portarlington yesterday morning for ages.
    Mentioned to another friend and she said when she was coming home from work Sunday morning after night shift she saw it between Portarlington and Tullamore with spot light on ,seemed to be searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

The Garda helicopter was out due to a large amount of break-ins in the Maynooth area last night

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Where did you hear that? There has been a few break ins around me nothing too recent though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

RobTheLad wrote: »
    The Garda helicopter was out due to a large amount of break-ins in the Maynooth area last night

Any link to support this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

source is from maynooth garda station themselves, car was broken into last night, luckily they were disturbed and nothing was taken, but car was pulled apart inside

I've read online about a shop being broken into in Maynooth but also that they were caught in Dunboyne or Prosperous. Also seemingly there were anywhere between 12 and 15 squad cars involved in the chase/search.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Link? What shop was broken into?

SQ2 wrote: »
    Link? What shop was broken into?

Didn't say what shop. As can be seen the fact that different places are mentioned as to where they were caught shows that a lot of the information online can be very misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Liffey Champion said something about an armed robbery in the Shop at Newtown but I don't think it was the same night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

paul71 wrote: »
    Liffey Champion said something about an armed robbery in the Shop at Newtown but I don't think it was the same night.

Yep, I was wondering had they been muddled together into the one incident

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

There were a lot of cars broken into in Moyglare Abbey on Saturday 14th, similar thing where cars were opened up and rooted through, but nothing taken. There were a couple of cars taken a few days previous as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aminjava

there was a helicopter today as well over head, flashing light as if trying to find some one .. not sure it was grada or just some one playing with their drone ..was there was like 20 minutes may be .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,852 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Definitively one of the Garda EC135s. If anyone has a drone that can give a convincing twin-turbine noise from it, I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

L1011 wrote: »
    Definitively one of the Garda EC135s. If anyone has a drone that can give a convincing twin-turbine noise from it, I want one.

I was just thinking the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aminjava

what were they searching for , i saw them shining light may be some incident happened around

• Registered Users Posts: 68,852 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Few squad cars up and down the Celbridge Road earlier also. Will be in the Champion no doubt if it was interesting.

Seemed to come in the Celbridge Road and then headed out the Straffan Road. Light was definitely shining as if looking for or tracking something.

Advertisement