Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 ABS/ESP Fault light, Need it fixed

Options
  • 23-09-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I live in Ballyfermot, Just had a NCT on my car and the only thing it failed on was the Peugeot 407 ABS/ESP Fault light, anyone know anyone who could fix this for me without having to spend a fortune as all I need is to go back to the NCT centre and show them the fault light is no longer showing. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Cheapest option is to find someone with a copy of Peugeot Planet who can tell you which Sensor is faulty, buy one off eBay (the front and rear sensors are different lengths) and fit it yourself, there are some guides online on Peugeot Forums. If it is a rear sensor then the Fuel tank has to be dropped a bit to get the cable into place.

I don't think just clearing the error on Planet will stop the warning message as it will just reappear on startup.

Going off distant memory here but I think it's around €125 to get one replaced at a Peugeot Garage, cheaper at an Independent. Again, it's been over two years since I had one replaced and I don't have the receipts to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tiddler12

IWAY, got the fault looked at and I was told it was the steering angle sensor which is faulty and needs replaced. I called up Peugeot to get a price on the part. I was quoted 420 euro, I am not paying that, I then got a 2nd hand part for 100 euro but this did not work. Any help would be appreciated as I have 10 days left to bring it up to the NCT for my visual fault. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Tiddler12 wrote: »
    IWAY, got the fault looked at and I was told it was the steering angle sensor which is faulty and needs replaced. I called up Peugeot to get a price on the part. I was quoted 420 euro, I am not paying that, I then got a 2nd hand part for 100 euro but this did not work. Any help would be appreciated as I have 10 days left to bring it up to the NCT for my visual fault. Thanks

Did your mechanic de-calibrate the old coms unit and recalibrate the one he fitted...?

Did your mechanic de-calibrate the old coms unit and recalibrate the one he fitted...?

Hi All

I am in big need of some help here, I put my car through the NCT 2 weeks ago and it failed on a warning light, The warning light was ASR/ESP Fault. I drive a 05 Peugeot 407.

I brought the car to a mechanic with a diagnostic computer to see where the fault was. The fault was a '' Steering Angle Sensor''. This is where the squib on the steering wheel. I was quoted 420 euro from Peugeot for a new part. Needless to say I don't have that sort of money :(. I then bought a 2nd hand part for 100 euro and was assured there was nothing wrong with it. When the mechanic put the part in, it didnt work. I am looking for some advice on what to do from someone who knows about this problem or has had the same problem in the past. I have 10 days left to show the visual fault has been fixed or I will fail the NCT and have to pay again. Any help would really be appreciated as I'm at my wit's end. Thanks so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Return the part that didn't work and try contacting Traynors.co.uk, or see if you can get part from micksgarage or ebay.

He said he did do that, but when he recalibrated the one he fitted airbag faults where coming up as well. I am not so sure if he is lying or not. Can you fit the steering angle sensor with a 2nd hand part from any peugeot 407?

He said he did do that, but when he recalibrated the one he fitted airbag faults where coming up as well. I am not so sure if he is lying or not. Can you fit the steering angle sensor with a 2nd hand part from any peugeot 407?

Never fitted a s/h coms switch as you never know with s/h parts.
    Maybe the switch was fine but may have been damaged when removed/refitting...

If you pm me your vin number i can check out the correct part number for your car.

If you pm me your vin number i can check out the correct part number for your car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

Sorry all to drag up old thread.

I am having the same issue and wondering if the issue was fixed/fixable.

my error was intermittent, i thought it was a loose sensor. but the other day , i was reversing and it gave me an error along the lines of 'speed control motor failure' and a warning to STOP. the electronics kept running(a humming sound) in the background , and the battery drained.

boosted the battery and the error was gone , but the ABS/ESP error remained.

I recently changed the rear brake pads.

I see above that a recalibration may be needed on the coms?

sorry if i sound a bit green on this issue, i am!

Thanks,
    Tom

Hi

The ASB/ESP sensor was gone in the steering angle sensor which needed to be replaced. You need to go to a garage with a diagnostic check and that will tell you exactly where the sensor is and what sensor needs to be replaced. Hope this helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

Hi

The ASB/ESP sensor was gone in the steering angle sensor which needed to be replaced. You need to go to a garage with a diagnostic check and that will tell you exactly where the sensor is and what sensor needs to be replaced. Hope this helps?

Yeah that's great thanks. I assume its just a faulty sensor as mechanically the car is sound.

Apart from the issue last week which drained the battery. I will get it checked out

Thanks,
    Tom

Advertisement