Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on rented property, for estate agents.

Options
  • 23-09-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

I had a query on a property that I'm about to rent. I'd like an estate agents opinion if possible, or someone with an insight into this world.

I paid a deposit on the place last week, provided references, and have been given a move-in date. However, the place is still listed on DAFT, and has been updated nearly every morning since I took it (presumably, to ensure it appears high in the rankings).

Is there some sinister reason behind this? Would they still be taking viewings, or is it just in case I pull out of the deal? I would have thought they could just disable the ad and relist in this scenario.

Anyone any insights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Theres lots of reasons

advertising.

Somebody looking for a letting agent in an area sees that EA X has a load of listings and it then influences their decision to maybe contact them with a view of giving them their business.

lack of communication

Some office mule updating ads blindly because the agent and they aren't the best of communicators hasn't bothered there ass to let them know its all but let

contingency

just to have some other renters on the hook should you pull out. Less hassle for them than deactivating and then relisting

to gather customer for other properties

leave this place up and people ring about it, they tell them its let but I have 3 similar properties if your interested. So potentiall for knock on lets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Excellent response, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

As above it'll be incase someone is looking for a house in that area.

If they call looking to rent this house it'll be a sorry that's just gone but we have these in the surrounding area if you'd like to view.

No point paying fees on daft and not getting the advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

I'd say it's just that they click one button every morning which refreshes all of their ads so yours is just being refreshed along with all of their other available properties.

Could very well be to get their brand out there also to get new business as mentioned previously

Advertisement