Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 World Grand Prix Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Does anybody know if tickets will be available to buy on the day on Friday? I know there are tiered tickets available but I won't be able to get down to Citywest until then. I rang reception but they didn't seem to know. Any idea lads?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Friday night sold out months ago. It's by far the most popular night of the week.

Delighted for Connie Finnan, pity I didn't get to see it as I was in work early this morning but it has to be up there with the biggest wins of his career and the money earned will push him up the rankings a bit.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The Friday night sold out months ago. It's by far the most popular night of the week.

Delighted for Connie Finnan, pity I didn't get to see it as I was in work early this morning but it has to be up there with the biggest wins of his career and the money earned will push him up the rankings a bit.

Tiered seating is still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Nobody from Ireland will complain but the system of allowing the top 2 Irish ranked Pro Tour players into this event and then pick up ranking prize-money is not very fair to non-Irish players who are trying to struggle their way up the rankings?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Tarzann wrote: »
    Nobody from Ireland will complain but the system of allowing the top 2 Irish ranked Pro Tour players into this event and then pick up ranking prize-money is not very fair to non-Irish players who are trying to struggle their way up the rankings?

That happens in a lot of tournaments, particularly the European Tour Events where a certain amount of players from the host country are allowed enter. I don't really have a problem with it because otherwise these lads would never get to play on the TV.

Personally I would like them to go back to the old system though where the Irish players qualified through a tournament that was held each year. That opens it up to any Irish player to try and qualify for the tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭recyclops

Kingp35 wrote: »

I bought my table ticket about 3 weeks ago on the see website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I may have one spare ticket for Friday.

Row G, Table 5.

Will know for sure later tonight id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

King out, wont have a chance to give out about the booing this year so

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

KevIRL wrote: »
    King out, wont have a chance to give out about the booing this year so
    There is always Lewis!

Going up Friday for quarter finals. A super night. Would like to see the likes of Anderson Chisnall or Barney win it

Not great tonight in the excitement stakes.

That first leg of the Pipe v Smith match was surely the worst we'll see all week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Fu*k you Mervyn King let me down for a nice treble tonight :-(

Jackpot pretty unstoppable there tonight. Tough draw on Dolan would have beat a lot of others in the first round. Cracking game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Poor start to the evening but it really got exciting towards the end. MvG looks in great form. Looking forward to the second round against van barneveld

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Going tonight, can anyone tell me if there's a bookies on site? Presume if there is, it's the usual terrible odds about everything

Yep there is

Yep there is

Cheers Kev, is it a Party Poker booth?

Zarkandar wrote: »
    Cheers Kev, is it a Party Poker booth?

Nope no logos on it or anything

Nope no logos on it or anything

Shady, I like it. Hope Honest Clive doesn't do a runner with my winnings before the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads, I have two tix for sale for Friday night, face value of 100 euro for both.

Great seats, Row S, Table 2 - ie right at the stage.

If anyone interested in the please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

Anyone know what the tiered seating is like for darts in Citywest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Hi,

I will be out in Citywest for the weekend for the closing stages.
    Probable be late leaving so is the only way back into town a taxi after the luas finishes?
    Is there any late buses back into the city centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Decobuzz wrote: »
    Anyone know what the tiered seating is like for darts in Citywest?

It's not great tbh but you'll still have a good night. Just seems a bit removed from the atmosphere for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 johnnybegood

Lads
    First time going to the Darts on Friday.....just a quick question about the Bar. What are drink prices? Are there deals on pitchers?
    Cheers

Blitzer888 wrote: »
    Lads
    First time going to the Darts on Friday.....just a quick question about the Bar. What are drink prices? Are there deals on pitchers?
    Cheers

15 euro for the pitcher

Enjoy the night

Huge ask this for Finnan against James Wade. I'm a little disappointed it's on first. Hopefully he can put up a good show at least.

2-1 to Finnan. Wade doesn't look comfortable at all!

Wade not looking comfortable but to be fair Finnan is playing some stuff.

Just hope its not a case of the break coming at the wrong time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

testing something out, if you want to see the darts drop me a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

What is the parking situation like at the City West?
    We plan to leave a car Friday night and collect it on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Tarzann wrote: »
    What is the parking situation like at the City West?
    We plan to leave a car Friday night and collect it on Saturday.

Should be tons of parking, car park is massive.

Advertisement