Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 World Grand Prix Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sharw7

Going to the darts friday nite, 1st timer! what time is best to go? can the pichers be cider and how much?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

sharw7 wrote: »
    Going to the darts friday nite, 1st timer! what time is best to go? can the pichers be cider and how much?

I always went in early. You can have a pint in the hotel bar and usually there is a few of the players hanging about in the bar. No idea about the Cider because I don't drink it.

Really looking forward to the Barney v MvG game tonight. It has the potential to be a cracking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'll be up there from about 3 tomorrow, getting the train up, check in and get some grub and a pint or 2.

Should be a good night tonight, MvG v Barney the obvious highlight but I think the last match could be v good too.

Roll on tomorrow though

Come on Jackpot, nice and all as Pipe is, he can be infuriating to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

pipe flying here

• Advertisement

That was some paddlin for Jackpot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

KevIRL wrote: »
    Come on Jackpot, nice and all as Pipe is, he can be infuriating to watch

Cant believe it and to top it off ive to watch the **** tomorrow.

Hnoestly think ill throw my pint over him at the walk in.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Cant believe it and to top it off ive to watch the **** tomorrow.

Hnoestly think ill throw my pint over him at the walk in.

Harsh Mick.

But I hear ya. Pretty much certain to be first match tomorrow I reckon v winner of Hamilton/Painter

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great win for Pipe. He's not a great entertainer but neither was Priestley and I always enjoyed watching him.

Look on the bright side lads, more time to get a few pints in!

brilliant from pipe, some finishing and starting

• Advertisement

Did I hear them mention on TV that its back to the ballroom tomorrow night?

Harsh Mick.

But I hear ya. Pretty much certain to be first match tomorrow I reckon v winner of Hamilton/Painter

Yeah id say so, defo be a slow one, the two lads arent exactly fast either.
    Kingp35 wrote: »
    Great win for Pipe. He's not a great entertainer but neither was Priestley and I always enjoyed watching him.

Look on the bright side lads, more time to get a few pints in!

I love Priestley and him being slow never annoyed me.
    Just Pipes face pains me.

True story :)

Super stuff from MvG

MvG was unstoppable. Disappointing last game of the night, Painter never showed up at all and Hamilton cruised through despite giving Painter a set.

Underwhelming night overall really. Apart from MvG's performance obviously

Here's hoping to better tomorrow night. Pity they dont go first to 4 sets in the QF's, think they used to a couple of years back but changed to first to 3 last year

Underwhelming night overall really. Apart from MvG's performance obviously

Here's hoping to better tomorrow night. Pity they dont go first to 4 sets in the QF's, think they used to a couple of years back but changed to first to 3 last year

Yeah I'm cracking up over that. Can't change the format ffs.

It's my dream quarters line up I picked before the tournament started bar Jackpot though so I can't wait to see it.

Is my hearing going, is there less crowd noise picked up, is my memory faulty, or is the atmosphere kinda lacking this year? I know it can't all be like the night Dolan got his 9 darter, but just seemed like there is less...oooomph in it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

defo seams down on last year, crowds etc
    cant see tonight being like that
    think the fact they moved to a bigger room means theres less noise when half full

Paddypower have the running order tonight as

Taylor first
    MVG second
    Wade third
    Hamilton last

Hardly correct? I'm sure I heard them confirm last night that Hamilton v Pipe was first? To me PP may have the order the wrong way around

Is my hearing going, is there less crowd noise picked up, is my memory faulty, or is the atmosphere kinda lacking this year? I know it can't all be like the night Dolan got his 9 darter, but just seemed like there is less...oooomph in it all.
    sc86 wrote: »
    defo seams down on last year, crowds etc
    cant see tonight being like that
    think the fact they moved to a bigger room means theres less noise when half full

I was surprised how many were there on Monday night, started off v quiet but v good crowd for a Monday night by the second game, in full voice too.

The bigger room does make for a bit less atmosphere though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Paddypower have the running order tonight as

Taylor first
    MVG second
    Wade third
    Hamilton last

Hardly correct? I'm sure I heard them confirm last night that Hamilton v Pipe was first? To me PP may have the order the wrong way around

Perhaps they've noticed people with 15K posts on message boards changing their name to Andy Hamilton and think he's expanding his popularity?

PDC (who usually list in running order) have the fixtures listed as
    Andy Hamilton v Justin Pipe
    James Wade v Simon Whitlock
    Phil Taylor v Gary Anderson
    Michael van Gerwen v Dave Chisnall

which would make sense.

http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/u6sb42e6rwwv12d8c46xrvqrl/title/partypokercom-world-grand-prix-netzone

Have a ticket for sale if anyone is interested.

Row G, Table 5, at Citywest now and can meet.

The way the crowd are acting now is why I don't go in to the Citywest anymore. It's embarrassing behaviour. There is no reason at all to boo Pipe

Shocking stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The way the crowd are acting now is why I don't go to the Citywest anymore. It's embarrassing behaviour. There is no reason at all to boo Pipe

Spot on. Embarrassed to watch it at this stage. Doesn't have to be as quiet as a church but at least show some class.

Yeah that was embarrassing to be at. Totally forgot uncalled for. Fair to play to Pipe though, gave a little bit back at the end but still did his floor dance celebration and acknowledged the many who were applauding him

More ridic booing for wade up here.

But what was he giving out about on stage? Did they say on TV? Stormed off at the end too wouldn't shake Whitlock's hand

disgraceful from wade encroaching , he really is a nasty piece of work,and a sore looser.. hope the fine is LARGE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

More ridic booing for wade up here.

But what was he giving out about on stage? Did they say on TV? Stormed off at the end too wouldn't shake Whitlock's hand

I was flicking between all the sports, but I think Wade was complaining about Whitlock being slow retrieiving his darts.

Then Wade started encroaching in the new orange exclusion zone behind the oche whilst SW was throwing, and the commentators reckon he'll get a fine for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Phil Taylor really is a different class. Seems like a genuinely nice guy too and seems to get on with the rest of the guys - unlike Wade's storm off earlier!

Advertisement