Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox update - "Load images automatically"

Options
  • 23-09-2013 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

I updated from Firefox 22 to 24. The "Load images automatically" checkbox seems to be be gone, or maybe I just can't find it. Have they removed this or is there still a way to turn off automatic image loading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Seems it is gone. Using this plug-in instead: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/quickjava/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ppshay wrote: »
    Seems it is gone. Using this plug-in instead: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/quickjava/

It appears to be gone from the interface but as far as I gather it was only a shortcut to the config setting for permissions.default.image

in the address bar enter:

about:config

Accept the "here be dragons message" and be careful about what you are editing.

In the search field enter permissions.default.image

Double click it.

The possible values to enter here are:
    1 Allow all images to load, regardless of origin. (Default)
    2 Block all images from loading.
    3 Prevent third-party images from loading.

To block images from automatically loading the value required is 2.

See a description of permissions.default.image here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Actually, there is another setting to control image loading just on particular domains:
    Firefox 23 and later

In Firefox 23 and later you no longer have the "Load images automatically" setting in "Tools → Options → Content" to change the global image permission that controls this preference (see bug 851701 and bug 851698).
    There is a setting in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions" for individual domains.

Advertisement