Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Question

Options
  • 23-09-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭

I took out a mortgage of 120 k over 35 years (banks decision not mine) about 5 years ago, I dont want to be a pensioner before I get it paid off but it suits me at the moment to keep the payments fairly low.

But as the years pass I would like to maybe take off between 5 to 8 years off the length of the mortgage and pay it off earlier.

I am on a tracker and was just wondering would this affect the terms of it if I was to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Galwayguy35,

Since you are on a tracker it is quite flexible. You could overpay by as much or a little as you like and this automatically reduce the term of your mortgage. If you call 01 6113333, a representative can give you an indication of how much the overpayment will reduce your term by. You can request the overpayment by sending a written instruction to CRU, New Centry House, Mayor St Lower, IFSC, Dublin. 

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hi Galwayguy35,

Since you are on a tracker it is quite flexible. You could overpay by as much or a little as you like and this automatically reduce the term of your mortgage. If you call 01 6113333, a representative can give you an indication of how much the overpayment will reduce your term by. You can request the overpayment by sending a written instruction to CRU, New Centry House, Mayor St Lower, IFSC, Dublin. 

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda
    Thanks Linda

Advertisement