Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road resurfaced - Holywell

Options
  • 23-09-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me why the road going through Holywell was resurfaced recently? I know the zebra crossing was was put down for the school etc.

That road was in good condition to start with, I could think of plenty of roads around Swords that would need a redoing such as the Rathbeale Road which is in a state.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

whilst not from the area I used to drive that road quite a bit. Before they resurfaced it I found it very slippery in wet weather. you could see a shine on the road where the tired wore the grip down completely. anyone going to fast could easily have lost control going around the roundabouts in bad weather. just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

That was was actually badly needed as it was having to 'cope' with a far greater volume of traffic than it was planned for. The on-going delays with the bypass/distributor road of Holywell (at CPO stage currently - no idea when construction may start) ment that a re-surfacing was essential to avoid further accidents.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I agree - it was very seriously needed. I skidded badly going around one of those little roundabouts at about 40kph

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

During the snow and ice a couple of years ago the roads in Holywell were like an ice rink. Several cars ended up smashing into the roundabouts. I ended up going sideways myself going round the corner past the Spar.

I see they've started this morning on a section of the Feltrim Road near the Roadstone. There has been a serious flooding problem there for the past few years, I'm assuming its to help that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I saw that on the Feltrim Road this morning too.

Hopefully the Rathbeale Road will get done soon as its by far the busiest road in Swords now with two supermarkets on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

About time, that road was an accident waiting to happen, i think i even started a thread on it at some point.

Going towards airside, just after the spar, turn right, that tiny little hill caused fcukin chaos when it was icy, cars just couldn't get up it, and as for the roundabouts, constantly losing control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Surprised also that they have not put in speed bumps yet with the amount of small kids around plus the addition of the school.

Have seen people flying through Holywell well over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

They put in speed bumps years ago and they were taken out about a month after. Some BS about emergency service vehicles and access if I recall.

I love the pedestrian crossings. I'll quite deliberetly wait for cars and then use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

peteb2 wrote: »
    They put in speed bumps years ago and they were taken out about a month after. Some BS about emergency service vehicles and access if I recall.

I love the pedestrian crossings. I'll quite deliberetly wait for cars and then use.

You're so great :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

scudzilla wrote: »
    You're so great :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What's your problem?

• Advertisement
Advertisement