Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York with an 18 Month old

Options
  • 23-09-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Am considering going to New York for 5 nights in advance of Christmas with my wife and 18 month old child.
    The thing is we are torn between the excitement of the trip and the risk of the Jet Lag/Time Difference affecting our daughter.

Has anyone here done something similar and can you advise whether it was worth it, any tips etc appreciated.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Am considering going to New York for 5 nights in advance of Christmas with my wife and 18 month old child.
    The thing is we are torn between the excitement of the trip and the risk of the Jet Lag/Time Difference affecting our daughter.

Has anyone here done something similar and can you advise whether it was worth it, any tips etc appreciated.

Many Thanks

Just accept you will be on the Irish time zone while in NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Don't really see the point of bringing an 18 month old? Leave with the grandparents and have a proper romantic break perhaps . I imagine NYC would be hellish with a toddler, do you plan carrying the child everywhere or bringing a buggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I would have to agree with Madsl, I think you would be better off leaving the little one at home if you can. Whilst trying to keep on Irish time might be doable it would be very difficult i.e. if the child goes to bed at 7pm at home you would have to be putting them down at 2pm in New York which I don't think is really a runner.

Jet lag can hit some adults very hard, so a small child's little system could also suffer. If you do leave her at home don't feel too guilty, just think of all the fantastic outfits you can buy her for next to nothing over there. I am sure like most little girls she loves her style and New York outlet malls will certainly look after that.

Whatever you decide enjoy the trip.

Advertisement