Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locks changed without my knowledge or permission

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

This is why I would never rent a property. The OP is the only one with any legally enforcable obligations. All the balls are with the tenant because, even in the event you can evict them, you can still never get satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

foggy_lad wrote: »
    When ye tried to gain entry did you as Landlord have the express permission of the tenant to enter at that specific time with the plumber? Was this visit something which had been arranged and agreed with the tenant?

I agree with the above poster, totally going away from the topic BUT
    Me personally I would have no problem with a landlord entering when I was not there WITH my permission, I have nothing to hide.

Back to the thread, I think everything is gone incredibly PC these days. If it was my house I was renting out and they changed locks I wouldnt be so nice :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

foggy_lad wrote: »
    When ye tried to gain entry did you as Landlord have the express permission of the tenant to enter at that specific time with the plumber? Was this visit something which had been arranged and agreed with the tenant?

The OP has already explained that he was requested to sort a plumbing issue.
    Please stop going around in circles.

Regards,

The_Conductor

Advertisement