Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FightFest 2013 - Sat. Oct 12th, 2013.......

Options
  • 23-09-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

We are gonna try a little experiment. On the 12th of October (sat) we will host a fightnight in the XGC on Liffy Street. This will be a night of fun, hype and fights. oh an food. Basically, we will have SF, MAAAAAAArvel, Injustice, MK...... any game you bring that people want to play really and we will have casuals, mini tournies, team hype tournies, more casuals and maybe some of us will learn how to play the game.

We have arranged with the XGC that every one going will get a chinese meal as part of the entry (details to be arranged as to what options) on the night at some defined eating hour.

Price
    €15 entry for the whole thing.

Rules
    Don't wreck the gaff. Usual story.

It will start circa 7pm and will run till late...... if great success, we can do more like this. :pac:

P.S. Vegetarians are not human and therefore have not been catered for

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm thinking of pretty much setting up a stream and allowing anyone who wants to FT5 on it. Sound good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'm thinking of pretty much setting up a stream and allowing anyone who wants to FT5 on it. Sound good?

knew I'd forget to mention something. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We are gonna try a little experiment. On the 12th of October (sat) we will host a fightnight in the XGC on Liffy Street. This will be a night of fun, hype and fights. oh an food. Basically, we will have SF, MAAAAAAArvel, Injustice, MK...... any game you bring that people want to play really and we will have casuals, mini tournies, team hype tournies, more casuals and maybe some of us will learn how to play the game.

We have arranged with the XGC that every one going will get a chinese meal as part of the entry (details to be arranged as to what options) on the night at some defined eating hour.

Price

Rules

It will start circa 7pm and will run till late...... if great success, we can do more like this. :pac:

wow

I can wear a white tracksuit?

sick

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

There is a vegetarian option...

You can starve.

Sounds great, I should be able to make this. If there's any Smash, I might be able to convince my brother to come down, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hopefully I can make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »
    wow

I can wear a white tracksuit?

sick

also ayjay, is "till late" till XGC closing time or are we got some after hours thing going? just to sort out travel and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

How late will this run?

Very important info for lads travelling. Is it an all nighter gig? Can people expect to stay until morning bus service starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

seriously? the exact day when theres a capcom cup qualifier in manchester that i wanted to go to :(

also we should get sponsored by boojums, not chinese food... boojum is the real ifgc food.

But overall i think this is a brilliant idea, especially with the stream thing... to show the world how sick ifgc is and how much fun it is having.

Also im calling everyone out to a ft5 in AE. ESPECIALLY FERGUS, IM SICK OF LOSING TO THIS TEKKEN PLAYER WTF!!!??!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I think, as a bizarre twist of fate, that Fergus should now be the one who refuses to play Ladno at AE. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ladnopoka wrote: »

Also im calling everyone out to a ft5 in AE. ESPECIALLY FERGUS, IM SICK OF LOSING TO THIS TEKKEN PLAYER WTF!!!??!

Calm down there ladno

We all knew fergus would win ofc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Sounds great if it's all night even better, I can just pop in after work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

: )))

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

This sounds epic, I am looking forward to the meal more than the event itself. :pac:

But I definitely need to know what time we have the place till because otherwise I would have to leave fairly early to catch the last bus which could spoil the fun of seeing Ladno getting bodied by Fergus. :D

I'll confirm the times with them in the morning. I doubt itll be all night. There is a staffing cost for the xgc so if an all nighter was desired it would impact the overall cost.

Ladno. Your not invited so you can **** off to Manchester ; )

Ladno. Your not invited so you can **** off to Manchester ; )

k then :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

k then :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I mean if u can go to manchester, win, and be from ireland at capcom event in Japan. ...probably trumps fightfest.

I mean if u can go to manchester, win, and be from ireland at capcom event in Japan. ...probably trumps fightfest.

no u mean that u dont wanna see my face at the overnighter. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Hi guys,

Price

Rules

Would i be able to come?

Or is it 18+

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

Cool, can there be some TTT2? Which console?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No doubt there'll be Tekken. PS3 I would say, that's what it's usually played on.

• Advertisement

If you bring a game copy and any dlc u need, loads of ps3s available

*slides in*

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86669594&postcount=1500

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Murderous Neil

Yeah I have a PS3 copy, all you need to do to get the dlc characters is just go online. They're all free and auto-upload.

also im up for money matches all night :D

also im up for money matches all night :D

We might just fund Gus to body you

We might just fund Gus to body you

id give him 10 euro if he won another ft5 vs me

Looks like we have another stream match.

Wait what?

Ok, Food options have been confirmed. When you come in you can choose from Sweet and sour Pork or Deep Fried Chicken with fried noodles/Rice. You can make your selection when you arrive - we'll have some sort of sign sheet thingy.

They are asking me about numbers for the night so if you are thinking of coming can I ask that you thank this post and I can give them an idea?

And I have just confirmed this as a late one. We have he place from 10pm until 8am. So it is an all-nighter. I know the shadowloo tournament is on that weekend but I am not sure what time yet.

I wont be staying the whole night but at least until Gus beats Ladno, again.

Someone bring an air freshener!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Probably won't be in the country, if I am I'll be there.

Advertisement