Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Advice Please

Options
  • 23-09-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I'm 22 and zoology has always been a passion of mine..
    I have always wanted to per sue a career In the field and I really don't know where to start.
    I have done work Experience In an ecology center, A vets and a grooming parlor and I studied animal care for a while.
    Has any body got any advice on how to get into this line of work because I think I would be miserable doing anything else and I'm willing to do anything to get there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

If you are interested in studying zoology in Ireland this thread may be useful.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056780733

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

You need to be more specific regarding what line of work you have in mind! Zoology implies research into animals and how they and their populations work/interact. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean more of a zookeeper type job? Or do you mean an ecology/conservation type job such as carrying out surveys and/or practical work like predator exclusion and habitat management on protected sites?

Whatever you have in mind, volunteering like you've been doing is an excellent way to get your foot in the door, get experience, build up your cv and have the relevant people know who you are so they can keep you in mind or recommend you to others if a job comes up!

Advertisement