Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Ending [Spoilers]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness (and I think it's why you had to make the choice as Franklin), Franklin was a guy who kinda got caught between Michael and Trevor, but Michael and Trevor had more backstory and more character development throughout the story. Franklin was just "I want to get richer instead of just risking my life for crap money in the hood". It seemed more like Franklin was there so you could see Michael & Trevor through his eyes. Out of the three, his story was the most straightforward and least well-developed in my opinion.

He's a bit of an old woman really isn't he.
    I shouldn't have killed Michael. I really miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness (and I think it's why you had to make the choice as Franklin), Franklin was a guy who kinda got caught between Michael and Trevor, but Michael and Trevor had more backstory and more character development throughout the story. Franklin was just "I want to get richer instead of just risking my life for crap money in the hood". It seemed more like Franklin was there so you could see Michael & Trevor through his eyes. Out of the three, his story was the most straightforward and least well-developed in my opinion.

Yeah that was my thinking, he just wasn't very likeable, his conversations with Lamar and reluctance to go to his rescue put me off him.

I would've liked an option where Michael & Trevor had to choose between each other or capping the new guy, for all of their arguments the story left me believing that when push came to shove they still had each others back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

was a bit disappointed with the end to be honest. i was hoping for a jailbreak type heist mission to free their buddy (who we found out early on is dead!). i.e you get your level up to five star so as to get incarcerated, inside you have to escape, sneak around the place knocking out guards etc etc, free your mate then escape by motorbike through the sewers or something. just seems the penitentiary is a big part/detail of the map that has gone to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    was a bit disappointed with the end to be honest. i was hoping for a jailbreak type heist mission to free their buddy (who we found out early on is dead!). i.e you get your level up to five star so as to get incarcerated, inside you have to escape, sneak around the place knocking out guards etc etc, free your mate then escape by motorbike through the sewers or something. just seems the penitentiary is a big part/detail of the map that has gone to waste.

Surely online content and DLC will make up for that! Same applies for the Army base. Very under used!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

pedatron wrote: »
    Surely online content and DLC will make up for that! Same applies for the Army base. Very under used!

yeah was thinking that too. hopefully we'll get something in online or DLC alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I really liked Trevor because deep down he was a nice guy. He always had Michaels back and was quite good to Wade and his cousin. Well I think he actually killed the cousin but he was very good to Wade and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭markc1184

I went with C, ccouldn't bring myself to kill either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I went for the deathwish option. I'm glad I did now after reading that you can't use the others if you kill them.

On a side note, was anyone else disappointed with the story or is it just me? I wasn't expecting Shakespeare standard and I know that with the focus on the online mode it wasn't going to be very long, but it sort of felt like the creators made it up as they went along. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it was poor in comparison to Vice City and San Andreas IMO, although nostalgia may be clouding my opinion I guess.

Advertisement