Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name a good internet service provider?

Options
  • 23-09-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I would like to get UPC, but it's not available in my area. I already have Sky and it' no good. I don't want to go near Eircom. Can anyone recommend another option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's your area?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

biko wrote: »
    What's your area?

Menlo.

If sky are no good, then Eircom will be the same and so will any other DSL provider.

Whats the issue with sky? Reason I ask is I had a brutal time with Vodafone and their modems until I realised my landline phone (wireless) was interferring with the wifi signal. As soon as I changed the channel setting from auto to a specific channel, all the problems I'd had went away........still changed to Sky though, for the unlimitedness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Menlo.
    If you are in a part of Menlo that has line of sight to the mast across the river at Tonabrocky then you can get set up for fixed wireless. You need to have clear line of sight, not through trees and not just to the light at the very top of the mast. If not then you're stuck with the ADSL connection over your telephone line and it won't make difference whether you get it from Sky, Eircom or someone else. Eircom will show you on their map that eFibre is available in Menlo but it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rowr

Is sky broadband any good? Heard mixed reviews on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

According to a few compare sites there's providers for Menlo, mentioned here www.uswitch.ie/broadband/local/galway-city/broadband-in-menlo/

airwire.ie and 02 mobile broadband have been recommended for Menlo before.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

rowr wrote: »
    Is sky broadband any good? Heard mixed reviews on it

Not really Sky's fault. They have to live with the infrastructure that's already in place.

They have top-notch customer service. Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

biko wrote: »
    According to a few compare sites there's providers for Menlo, mentioned here www.uswitch.ie/broadband/local/galway-city/broadband-in-menlo/

airwire.ie and 02 mobile broadband have been recommended for Menlo before.
    That site just lists every provider that covers Galway city, even those that aren't actually available in Menlo (e.g. UPC). Airwire.ie are worth talking to if you do have line of sight to Tonabrocky.

Advertisement