Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get a sim free iPhone 5? Is this site reliable?

• 23-09-2013 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

I'm getting the iPhone 5 next week and debating on a package. It was between getting it for €649 with O2 prepay or paying 25 a month with meteor bill pay package and paying 349 at the start. A bill pay contract doesn't really appeal to me.
    I'm on 48 at the moment and would love to stay with it so I thought then to get an sim free iPhone but they seem hard to get. If I get one unlocked it will remove the warranty.
    I saw this site http://www.phonesonline.ie/apple-iphone-5-16gb-white-sim-free.html but no idea if it is reliable. There are ones on ebay etc but there's no warranty with them either so I wouldn't be able to purchase insurance.

Can anyone help me out? I'm not that techy so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Get a sim free 5C from Apple ? I would be very reluctant to buy through any of those sites, when the difference will end up only being a relatively small amount ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    I'm getting the iPhone 5 next week and debating on a package. It was between getting it for €649 with O2 prepay or paying 25 a month with meteor bill pay package and paying 349 at the start. A bill pay contract doesn't really appeal to me.
    I'm on 48 at the moment and would love to stay with it so I thought then to get an sim free iPhone but they seem hard to get. If I get one unlocked it will remove the warranty.
    I saw this site http://www.phonesonline.ie/apple-iphone-5-16gb-white-sim-free.html but no idea if it is reliable. There are ones on ebay etc but there's no warranty with them either so I wouldn't be able to purchase insurance.

Can anyone help me out? I'm not that techy so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Would buy through apple too, unless there is some overriding need, e.g. They have stock when apple don't. In saying that, have used phones online for a sim free phone and for a carkkit and they were fantastic. Based in Bray and always someone at the end of the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Buying a 5 for that price now would be madness.

Wait and get 5s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Thanks for the replies so far. The reason I am hesitant about waiting is because they've stopped making the 5 now and shops are selling out of them.
    Anyone know what the sim free 5s will be retailing for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

You would be mad to pay that for the iPhone 5 when in a few weeks the iPhone 5s will be probably maybe 649 yoyos!

Advertisement