If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Philips TV - 42PFL9603D

Options
  • 23-09-2013 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought a TV from you about 3 years ago - a Philips 42PFL9603D

The problem is it won't switch on.  The problem is the lights at the bottom of the TV will flash a few times, and I will hear a click, but I cannot turn it on.  When I try with the remote the red LED on the TV will flash a few times then nothing. 

Any idea what the problem is and how I can get it fixed? 

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

noddy69 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I bought a TV from you about 3 years ago - a Philips 42PFL9603D

The problem is it won't switch on.  The problem is the lights at the bottom of the TV will flash a few times, and I will hear a click, but I cannot turn it on.  When I try with the remote the red LED on the TV will flash a few times then nothing. 

Any idea what the problem is and how I can get it fixed? 

Cheers
    Noddy,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and also for the inconvenience with your TV.

I'm honestly not sure what the issue is without getting your TV to a service centre and again unfortunately centre in the country, MF services has just closed down in recent weeks, so we will have to get it back to Belfast if you would like us to look at it.

If you would like to PM me your details - I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to talk you through the options..

( I assume that you have fully powered the TV down, unplugging it from the mains etc? in the 1st instance..)

Apologies again and hopefully we can get you sorted out asap,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dubfella

Hi I was just wondering did you get a fix for your ambilight mate??  I've got the exact same problem.. 
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dubfella wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering did you get a fix for your ambilight mate??  I've got the exact same problem.. 
    Thanks
    Dub,

you could speak to John O Callaghan or any of the guys at Plasmacare - whilst they are not an official Philips TV service centre ( I actually don't think there is ANY official Philips TV service centre left in Ireland) John O and the guys at Plasmacare do know their stuff!

http://www.plasmacare.ie/

Hopefully the OP will revert as well..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.