Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gibraltar entering UEFA club Football from 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

And they have this defensive rock to build their hopes and dreams on

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24158900

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is an interesting one.
    In response to another request by the member associations, the UEFA Executive Committee agreed that the UEFA Club Competitions Committee should make the necessary regulatory changes to allow the best-placed non-qualified domestic championship club to enter the UEFA Europa League from the 2015/16 season, rather than the domestic cup runners-up, should the domestic cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Champions League via the final championship standings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good to see another place getting places, does that mean they will have a national team and be in euro qualifiers?

And does the above mean that say, for example, Chelsea win FA cup and finish 4th, then whoever is 6th/7th get the Europa League yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mushy wrote: »
    Good to see another place getting places, does that mean they will have a national team and be in euro qualifiers?

I also want to get clarity on this. Already told the missus that when we have a kid together and know its a boy that I want him born somewhere with a very small population to give a good shot at the national soccer team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

8-10 wrote: »
    I also want to get clarity on this. Already told the missus that when we have a kid together and know its a boy that I want him born somewhere with a very small population to give a good shot at the national soccer team.

Theres this place called Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

8-10 wrote: »

Greenland might join FIFA in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

And does the above mean that say, for example, Chelsea win FA cup and finish 4th, then whoever is 6th/7th get the Europa League yeah?

yes - same as currently happens with the League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This is why I love Gibraltar.

evan-carneiro-2-630x419.jpg

eva.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

:eek:

She might leave Chelsea to go work for the national team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We can sack Jose, sell Mata and Roman can up sticks, but if Eva leaves, we riot. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yes from the 2016 Euro qualifiers Gilbraltar will be in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yes from the 2016 Euro qualifiers Gilbraltar will be in it

But they're not allowed to be drawn against Spain in qualification. Well played Gibraltar, well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Omackeral wrote: »
    But they're not allowed to be drawn against Spain in qualification. Well played Gibraltar, well played.

Stroke of genius :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Omackeral wrote: »

Because Gib have joined a NI team will fall back to play the likes of Andorran and San Marino teams in the Preliminary round of the Europa cup.

As I understand it the winner of the Europa league will also get to play in the following years CLs competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Because Gib have joined a NI team will fall back to play the likes of Andorran and San Marino teams in the Preliminary round of the Europa cup.

As I understand it the winner of the Europa league will also get to play in the following years CLs competition.

Do you mean the Champions League as at the min the 1st qualifying round of Europa League is still pretty big where as the 1st qualifying round in the Champions League only has 4 teams

Advertisement