Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Tattoo Addiction

Options
  • 23-09-2013 7:59pm
    Site Banned Posts: 20

Saw an ad for this on Channel 4 - looks interesting! Thursday I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Old news - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81247569

General consensus is that it shows the worst side of the tattoo industry.

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Nice Botty

Adiboo wrote: »
    Old news - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81247569

General consensus is that it shows the worst side of the tattoo industry.

Oh. This looks like a new programme ?

Oh, you're right. My bad!

Let's hope this second series does a better job than the first documentary.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-tattoo-addiction/episode-guide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

they certainly couldn't make a worse one than last time

Oh, you're right. My bad!

Let's hope this second series does a better job than the first documentary.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-tattoo-addiction/episode-guide

Was the first one that bad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

they focused on a scratcher and a middle aged man who kept getting miley cyrus tattoos iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Nice Botty wrote: »
    Was the first one that bad ?

Yeah, the first one really was sh!te, very bad portrayal of people getting tatts. Really annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The first episode is on 4OD if you want to watch it.

Hopefully this second episode focuses more on sensible people getting decent tattoos!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Watching the first episode now, interesting to say the least.

Slightly OT but I wonder if anyone else is of the opinion that portraits just don't seem to look well as tattoos?

No, they can IMO. It's all down to the artist really.

• Advertisement

Yeah fair point actually depends 100% on the artist. I think the outlining makes them look a bit severe looking at times where more of a watercolour style would look softer.

Portraits with outlines can be just as awesome. Here's a traditional style one done by Paul in Spilled Ink for example.

942746_4248528946466_111544959_n.jpg

Ha true, seems I was guilty of letting a few dodgy looking portraits clouding my judgement on them as a whole. Move along folks nothing to see here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

P_1 wrote: »
    Watching the first episode now, interesting to say the least.

Slightly OT but I wonder if anyone else is of the opinion that portraits just don't seem to look well as tattoos?

I agree. Even well-done portraits just don't look good to me as tattoos.

I agree. Even well-done portraits just don't look good to me as tattoos.

I'm not sure why it is but a lot of black and grey portraits seem to be overly shaded in the face which tends to distort them slightly. Possibly controversial but it seems that some artists don't have the skill to do them justice in black and grey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I think this is a brilliant portrait
    282551_418338081571477_1882140474_n.jpg

as was pointed out, it all depends on the talent doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just set this to record but given Channel 4's last shambolic attempt at this I'm not holding out much hope other that it being terrible once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm not sure why it is but a lot of black and grey portraits seem to be overly shaded in the face which tends to distort them slightly.

Puts me off a lot as well but in many cases the pic is fresh, they brighten up an awful lot once the blood's out.

You're not completely wrong though, there's a lot more bad portraits out there than there is good ones. Basically to be safe you have to go to somebody who has been dishing out portraits and realism all day everyday for years.

Just saw an ad for it there, sadly it looks like we're going to be getting more of the same in the new episode

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Any of you have a link to the new show? I can only see the older documentary on 4OD!

• Advertisement

Not on till tomorrow!

Just saw an ad for it there, sadly it looks like we're going to be getting more of the same in the new episode

There was someone in the ad with tattoos all over his puss wondering why he couldn't get a job....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Not on till tomorrow!

:rolleyes: It'd help if I could read :P

Just starting now on channel 4. Going to want a new tattoo immediately after.

Ugh what's going on.

I take it all back the where's Wally thing was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

From the sublime of the Family getting their tattoo's (very touching) to the absolutely ridiculous of the where's wally nonsense.

The emotion in just the one word HOPE was very evident and I now realise that tattoo's can be so much more than just ink.

I know we all try to be non-judgemental here about all types of tattooing but the folks getting them done when they're locked on a sun holiday is making it very tough to do so to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

I know we all try to be non-judgemental here about all types of tattooing but the folks getting them done when they're locked on a sun holiday is making it very tough to do so to be honest.

Have to agree, how does it look for people who have put time and effort and imagination into their tatts!!

• Advertisement

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Have to agree, how does it look for people who have put time and effort and imagination into their tatts!!

Not good would be putting it mildly I'd say!! Very poor ethics on the part of the studios that do them too to be honest

Advertisement