Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Tattoo Addiction

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Have to agree, how does it look for people who have put time and effort and imagination into their tatts!!

to be fair not everyone needs effort and imagination into tatts to be happy with them. I have a few on the spur ones that i think look good and am happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

to be fair not everyone needs effort and imagination into tatts to be happy with them. I have a few on the spur ones that i think look good and am happy with

Yeah but to be fair there is a bit of a difference between getting a tattoo done on the spur of the moment when you're sober and stumbling into a studio in a drunken haze, pointing at some flash and saying put that on my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

fewtins wrote: »
    Puts me off a lot as well but in many cases the pic is fresh, they brighten up an awful lot once the blood's out.

You're not completely wrong though, there's a lot more bad portraits out there than there is good ones. Basically to be safe you have to go to somebody who has been dishing out portraits and realism all day everyday for years.

Some artists just can't do portraits. I heard one say before he hates them because while if you're tattooing an object or design on someone and you need to adjust the design a bit to fit the flow of the body it's still that object or design. You adjust a face and it looks completely different. 'Here's a person you don't know!'

I was considering looking this up on 4od but then I caught the bit of y'man with face tattoos moaning about not being able to get a job and it turned me right off. Does it suck that a lot of industries dsicriminate against tattooed folk, sure, but at the end of the day we chose to get tattoos and we could have easily chose not to. Societal attitudes are what they are and if he wanted a job he shouldn't have tattooed his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just watching the second episode now it's like they go out of there way to find people who are out there from some the people that have the tattoo's to the artists.

Most but not all of the tattoo's are terrible aswell.

It typical car crash tv really but anyone certainly from a or biased point of view wont against body mods will probably walk away having there beliefs reinforced.

Just watching the second episode now it's like they go out of there way to find people who are out there from some the people that have the tattoo's to the artists.

Most but not all of the tattoo's are terrible aswell.

It typical car crash tv really but anyone certainly from a or biased point of view wont against body mods will probably walk away having there beliefs reinforced.

Yeah without a doubt. Yer man Woody seemed to go out of his way to give artists and people with tattoos a particularly bad name and the less said about that drunken idiot with his burger nipple thing the better

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Yeah without a doubt. Yer man Woody seemed to go out of his way to give artists and people with tattoos a particularly bad name and the less said about that drunken idiot with his burger nipple thing the better

Exactly I also had to laugh at your man who co owns the studio in Magaluf sitting there trying to take the moral high ground saying "this is what I have to deal with on a daily basis I don't know what I must have done in a previous life to deserve this" Yeh while he sits there late at night tattooing people who are clearly pissed and seconds later shows some bloke with barely any visible coverage getting a star tattooed on his hand.

Your man Woody is a fool his and friend Ivor with there controversial Hitler tattoo.

The more I think of it so many gobshiites on one show.

Exactly I also had to laugh at your man who co owns the studio in Magaluf sitting there trying to take the moral high ground saying "this is what I have to deal with on a daily basis I don't know what I must have done in a previous life to deserve this" Yeh while he sits there late at night tattooing people who are clearly pissed and seconds later shows some bloke with barely any visible coverage getting a star tattooed on his hand.

Your man Woody is a fool his and friend Ivor with there controversial Hitler tattoo.

The more I think of it so many gobshiites on one show.

There area few non gobshítes there to try balance out the non gobshítery though, the chap having his dog's ashes included in the portrait of the dog seemed to know his stuff about his tattoos and the lady getting nipples tattooed after her mastectomy was a nice touch. The sun holiday drunken fools and the studios that catered to them really annoyed me though.

There area few non gobshítes there to try balance out the non gobshítery though, the chap having his dog's ashes included in the portrait of the dog seemed to know his stuff about his tattoos and the lady getting nipples tattooed after her mastectomy was a nice touch. The sun holiday drunken fools and the studios that catered to them really annoyed me though.

Yeh the lad getting his dog portrait is the main reason I said most not all the tattoo's are poor. Most of his work looked good and he seemed to research and put thought into who and were he would get them done.

The nipples was a nice touch alright.

But sadly the bad far outweighs the good.

Yeh the lad getting his dog portrait is the main reason I said most not all the tattoo's are poor. Most of his work looked good and he seemed to research and put thought into who and were he would get them done.

The nipples was a nice touch alright.

But sadly the bad far outweighs the good.

Yeah unfortunately, the chap getting scorpions on his face to cover ex's names, you'd think that lazering would have been a far better option that coverups

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I can't believe I had nothing better to do then watch that.

I didn't see the guy getting the dog potrait though :confused: I wasn't paying full attention though.

That guy Woody pissed me off. Controversial tattoos fine but at least be good tattoos and don't talk down all tattoos because you do stupid things.

And the burger nipple guy. I have no words.

And the guy who wants to be a bodybuilder getting a backpiece. Genius.

The transgirl made for a nice story. Glad they focused a lot on her.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    I can't believe I had nothing better to do then watch that.

I didn't see the guy getting the dog potrait though :confused: I wasn't paying full attention though.

That guy Woody pissed me off. Controversial tattoos fine but at least be good tattoos and don't talk down all tattoos because you do stupid things.

And the burger nipple guy. I have no words.

And the guy who wants to be a bodybuilder getting a backpiece. Genius.

The transgirl made for a nice story. Glad they focused a lot on her.

The guy with the dog portrait was from the first episode ;).

Still don't remember him. About the only thing I remember from that is the girl with the cats and the guy with Miley Cyrus. Actually I'd love if they did a follow-up interview with him now.

Orim wrote: »
    Still don't remember him. About the only thing I remember from that is the girl with the cats and the guy with Miley Cyrus. Actually I'd love if they did a follow-up interview with him now.

Ah yea see you're missing an episode there ;), the girl with the cats and Miley Cyrus tattoo's were in the one off episode about a year ago and the other one ya seen was the second episode in the new series which started last week ;).

Although yeh I'd love to hear what mister Miley Cyrus has to say now or if he has a tattoo of her licking a sledge hammer :pac:.

It doesn't seem to be on 4od. Ah well probably a good thing because otherwise I'd watch it and depress myself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Yeah, I couldn't see the 1st episode of the 2nd season on 4od. Watching the 2nd episode now, that cover up was awful :( Haven't seen any outstanding work yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

New episode on Ch4 now.

Holy sh*t, the artists must think some people are on the wind up.

The tats people are getting:eek:

So we finally got to see the face behind that famous Twilight Tattoo :eek:

So we finally got to see the face behind that famous Twilight Tattoo :eek:

Some amount of cash she's splashed out for all the tattoos too

Some amount of cash she's splashed out for all the tattoos too

Yeh and she came across quite normal at first I thought she would be quite unhinged almost like Miley Cyrus guy just a shame all the portraits were terrible.

The woman who lost her husband really did have a touching story and normally I hate the sob stories attached and it was very nicely done and the tattoo aswell was nicely done a rarity on this show.

Yeh and she came across quite normal at first I thought she would be quite unhinged almost like Miley Cyrus guy just a shame all the portraits were terrible.

The woman who lost her husband really did have a touching story and normally I hate the sob stories attached and it was very nicely done and the tattoo aswell was nicely done a rarity on this show.

True, sure aren't most folk who have tattoos quite normal though :P

All in all a decent enough show this evening, had to laugh at the artist from Blackpool though, "who the fook did that to you"

• Advertisement

The fella tattoing in blackpool was some prick!
    going on about how he hates bad tats and his work is so ****ty!
    the state of his shop too!
    The shop where the small woman got inked looked the biz but the artist was average at best.
    and the artist doing the wolf at the convention was ****e too!
    Very little skill shown on that show at all but its a good laugh in fairness!

Advertisement