Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 1 Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not entirely sure of the score but had a cracking game with Raoul last night.

It was a cagey enough start with both offenses struggling to get anything going but the Benglas got on the scoresheet first thanks to a TD pass to Sanu from Dalton.

BJGE was doing well in small bursts but most of the big gains were coming from the passing game. The Bears for their part were struggling protecting Cutler early on and he took a few sacks.

In the second quarter the Bengals moved all the way inside the 5 yard line but a poor decision resulted in a pick. The DB then fumbled the ball, one of his teamates recovered and took it all the way back for a TD. On review from the officials though the TD was overturnd but the bears still got possesion.

The Bengals defense which was good throughout forced a 3 and out and Cinci got the ball with 1 minute left, however a pick from Dalton was all they could manage.

In the second half the Chicago offense improved a great deal, though they still needed to punt on their first possesion. The Bengals also did nothing early on but a great punt meant Chicago had to start at their own 1 yard line. Cutler got to work and managed to lead an excellent drive that used up the rest of the quarter, and they finally were very brave on 4th and Goal from the 1 and got in with the Full back to level things up.

Next drive and the Bengals offense was motoring again but again they got in the red zone and a pass to AJ green looked like a TD but he fumbled the ball into the EZ and it was recovered by Chicago.

Next drive the Bears did nothing and the Bengals likewise needed a punt, but the Bears defender didn't make the catch and muffed the punt which was recovered by the Bengals in great field position.

A couple of plays later and Bengals were faced with a 4th and goal from the 1 but the coach decides to take the FG rather than risk coming away with nothing from ther edzone for a third time. Score then I think was 10-7 Cinci.

From the kickoff the returner goes all the way to the house for the bears to take a 4 point lead with less than 3 mins to go.

On the following drive Dalton and his receivers get to work, still plenty of time so no need for panic, they move up the field, but stall on 3rd and 7 so it's 4th down. A big play call results in a big play to AJ Green to keep the chains moving.

On 3rd and goal about 15 seconds left Dalton hits Eifert to give the Bengals a 3 point lead with 11 seconds to play. After a decent gain the first play the Bears are outside FG range with 2 seconds left so it's hail Mary time.

Cutler is sacked one last time to end what was a really exciting and enjoyable game.

Thanks for the game Raoul, horrible way for you to lose, best of luck with the rest of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Great write up Adrian but you forgot to mention what in my mind was a huge turning point, when Hestor decided to head a punted ball. Ha. Giving you the ball back on my 20 yard line.

I know I still got a Td after that with the return but I had started to really get my offense going and I would have loved a chance to eat some time off the clock.

Good game and great chatting to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raoul wrote: »
    Great write up Adrian but you forgot to mention what in my mind was a huge turning point, when Hestor decided to head a punted ball. Ha. Giving you the ball back on my 20 yard line.

I know I still got a Td after that with the return but I had started to really get my offense going and I would have loved a chance to eat some time off the clock.

Good game and great chatting to you :)

Ye Hester is terrible...I'll take him off ur hands..<_<....>_>

Advertisement