Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor quality cards

Options
  • 23-09-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭

Recent Bank of Ireland cards have been of terrible quality, with the plastic layer on the surface peeling off. My credit card isn't great, but debit card is fast becoming unusable. I've had several dozen cards over the years and this wasn't a problem nor does my NI sterling debit card peel in this way. I've had better made cards for club memberships.

273001.jpg

I brought this card to my branch, where a profoundly unhelpful person didn't evem bother to look at it, but said that I should "use the phones", when of course if I wanted to phone I would not have gone to the branch. Someone on the phone cannot see the card and determine whether it is shoddy manufacture or customer damage.

Do you agree that as a customer I am entitled to a card that is fit for purpose, that is to be used in machines and stored in a wallet until it expires?

Given that I am entitled to a card that is fit for purpose, how can I get this replaced without BOI attempting to gouge me for a replacement fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Funnily enough I was only thinking that about my ptsb one at the weekend.

Wonder do all the banks use the same supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

I have been on to BOI about the quality of the cards already.  You should be able to get a free replacement if you push for it.  I have one which expires in 2016 which is also delaminating, so obviously that they are not for for purpose.  They got them from Oberthur Card Systems: http://www.oberthurcs.com
    Oberthur's web site is not working properly at the moment, which reflects the quality of the cards BOI bought.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi ardmacha,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention and we have passed this feedback to our Card Team who can investigate it.

Apologies that when you visited the branch, they did not order a new card for you. Can I ask you which branch you were in?
    If you have not had a card ordered yet, please call your branch or Banking 365 and a representative can order one for you. 

Thanks again
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

ardmacha wrote: »
    Recent Bank of Ireland cards have been of terrible quality, with the plastic layer on the surface peeling off. My credit card isn't great, but debit card is fast becoming unusable. I've had several dozen cards over the years and this wasn't a problem nor does my NI sterling debit card peel in this way. I've had better made cards for club memberships.

273001.jpg

I brought this card to my branch, where a profoundly unhelpful person didn't evem bother to look at it, but said that I should "use the phones", when of course if I wanted to phone I would not have gone to the branch. Someone on the phone cannot see the card and determine whether it is shoddy manufacture or customer damage.

Do you agree that as a customer I am entitled to a card that is fit for purpose, that is to be used in machines and stored in a wallet until it expires?

Given that I am entitled to a card that is fit for purpose, how can I get this replaced without BOI attempting to gouge me for a replacement fee?
    How much do they charge for a new card these days?

Advertisement