Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice cologne/aftershave brands to buy?

• 23-09-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Was thinking if buying some cologne/aftershave but I never did before (i'm 15) and was wondering what brands are nice and what aren't and I don't want to spend a fortune buying aftershaves to find which is the nicest. Any tips is much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

It's all down to personal choice; best thing is to head into Boots/Debenhams etc. and try as many as possible. I think that Paco Robane 1 Million is really nice though, and even XBolt from Lidl (yes, Lidl!) is very nice and dirt cheap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Would second the suggestion to try Boots. The Perfume Shop also always have specials. Personal selection here would be http://www.theperfumeshop.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=7199 at €21 but there are others less expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Use ultraviolet meself!! Love it, but as mentioned above it's all personal choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 The who

Alibear wrote: »
    It's all down to personal choice

Yeah I know that, I was just wondering if there was a brand that alot of people liked and maybe I could look out for it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

The who wrote: »
    It's all down to personal choice

Yeah I know that, I was just wondering if there was a brand that alot of people liked and maybe I could look out for it. :)

Oooohh! You don't need advice on what scent to wear. The best advice anyone can give you is 'Don't follow the crowd; let the crowd follow you'.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

^^^^
    And if not following the crowd, please don't get Paco Rabanne 1 million.
    It's a nice enough smell, but it's overdone at this stage, try something different.
    You should walk into a boots or debenhams & try a little spray on yourself. Not on a tester card! You want to see how the scent reacts on your skin. Something that you think smells great on a card, may not smell good on you.
    A lot of the chanel ones are great, homme sport & blue esp. But they are pricey.
    A good budget one is Paul Smith Extreme,
    Viktor & Rolf have spice bomb, again, great smell, but maybe a bit old for you.
    Just try a couple, see what you like yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭French Toast

Armani Mania is really nice, or Davidoff Cool Water. Hugo Boss too!

As above it comes down to personal taste. Go into a chemists etc. and try a load of testers. Coming closer to Christmas they'll be flogging them left, right and center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/fashion-beauty/supermarket-aftershave-takes-on-designer-label-1365325
    It's all down to personal choice; best thing is to head into Boots/Debenhams etc. and try as many as possible. I think that Paco Robane 1 Million is really nice though, and even XBolt from Lidl (yes, Lidl!) is very nice and dirt cheap :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

You cannot beat calvin klien contradiction for men.

Advertisement