Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation of a female doctor in KK city centre?

Options
  • 23-09-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend me a good female doctor in Kilkenny city centre? I've just moved to the area & want to register with a clinic that I can walk to easily enough.

I'd like a doctor with plenty of experience but also "modern thinking"! :p

I've looked online for some medical centres near where I've moved to & these two seem to be the closest; any recommendations for either of these folks would be appreciated.

Dr Mary J O'Gorman, Kilkenny Medical Centre, Garrison House, John's Green
    Dr Mair Eluned Lawlor, Johns Green Medical Centre, Wolfe Tone Street
    [Are these the same place?!]

I read a recommendation on here (from 2011!) for Dr Carmel Flynn in Johns Green, but she's not listed on the website anymore.

Thanks for your your help!

Comments

Mary O'Gorman (John's Green) is a separate practice to the John's Green Medical Centre but they are very close to each other. Sorry I haven't much experience of either, and doctors (particularly female ones) seem to come and go so you really would need a recent recommendation. I go to Dr Fawsitt (male doctor) myself so I'm not much help!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭swanvill

Hi
    My wife & her family have used Dr Mary O'Gorman all their lives & would not use anyone else. I have found her very good, she is thorough and easy to relate to. I would not hesitate in reccomending her and she is my very first chocie. The only downside to her practice is that she is very busy and hard to reach by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 green jay

Dr Claire Cusack,
    Dr Gobnait Kearney,

Ayrfield Medical Centre
    Granges Road

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Thanks for the recommendations folks. I registered with Dr O'Gorman who was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Can anyone recommend me a good female doctor in Kilkenny city centre? I've just moved to the area & want to register with a clinic that I can walk to easily enough.

I'd like a doctor with plenty of experience but also "modern thinking"! :p

I've looked online for some medical centres near where I've moved to & these two seem to be the closest; any recommendations for either of these folks would be appreciated.

Dr Mary J O'Gorman, Kilkenny Medical Centre, Garrison House, John's Green
    Dr Mair Eluned Lawlor, Johns Green Medical Centre, Wolfe Tone Street
    [Are these the same place?!]

I read a recommendation on here (from 2011!) for Dr Carmel Flynn in Johns Green, but she's not listed on the website anymore.

Thanks for your your help!

Dr. Flynn is a lovely doctor. I use her when my regular GP is unavailable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement