Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 8/12 code tamper fault

Options
  • 23-09-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

hi all i have a HKC 8/12 panel with a gsm texter, i have started getting text messages saying texts with code tamper faults, any ideas on this fault, theres is no one in the house when this happens, it's not a keypad tamper that's a separate fault. any help would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its like the GSM number is getting unsolicited texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

i have 5 phones on the text alert system 2 are my own, 1 north and 1 south i live on the border with my partner, the other phones are my partner, and my 2 sister's in dublin one of which lives in the house where the alarm is installed. i 've got 5 code faults since march.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

It is not the numbers that are programmed into the system.
    Some service providers send promotional texts to the sim you have installed in the alarm system. This can be turned off by contacting your service provider. When it sends a text the unit does not recognize the command and sends you the code tamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

so simple when you think about it, very good gold star for you altor,thanks for that solves a mystery must get on to 02 and tell me sister to relax she's abit panicky when it comes to the house alarms going off.thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

iopener wrote: »
    so simple when you think about it, very good gold star for you altor,thanks for that solves a mystery must get on to 02 and tell me sister to relax she's abit panicky when it comes to the house alarms going off.thanks lads

Sure I have a few at this stage :D
    With O2 you can do this online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

O2 are the worst for it too

Advertisement