Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore to Tenby (or wherever)

Options
  • 23-09-2013 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

How long can one live off the euphoria of crossing the finish line after 140.6 miles? I decided that for 2013 I was going to make up for the family time used up while training for the Hardman so i did no training whatsoever. The 13.5 stone frame that lined up that August morning in Killarney had ballooned to 16 stone.

So general frustration seemed to be setting in, I seemed to be getting moody and also none of my clothes were loose any more. Time to take action. Hooked up with Martin at Focus on Fitness in Waterford (check out his webpage) and an assessment was undertaken to prove that I had lower than average fitness, not bad for an Ironman of 11 months. So a cardio and weights plan was diagnosed 6 weeks back.

Roll on the 6 weeks minus the 2 weeks break for the holidays and we have shed a half stone and for some unknown reason Tenby 2014 has become embedded in my small brain. I have discussed the idea with the chief of staff and shown a few you tube clips of the lovely town of Tenby and I seem to have the green light.

So now it looks like I am back and Will work on base fitness for the coming months with a view to hit 2014 lighter and stronger.

Lets see how it goes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

IM Wales ????? You're mad, but best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

griffin100 wrote: »
    IM Wales ????? You're mad, but best of luck :)

You know what griffin100......you might be right there. Just did a bit of pricing and race entry, ferries and accommodation is looking like approx €1150 before we eat or drink. Challenge Henley is still doubtful for next year and Challenge Vichy is on the day before the lad starts secondary school so that's out too.

I would be as well off trying to go to Lanza for that or perhaps just head back and do the Hardman again for a fraction of that. Then again there is the Shadowman too but I have had no feedback on that so don't know what's its like from a competitors point of view.

Either way the plan is to go long. I might just train away for now and decide over the next few months.

Advertisement