Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

christ that CGI up on the lighthouse was terrible

the season has been poor so far, they really should have changed some of the dynamic of it, being the last season and all, sure noting has been said about ted moving to chicago after the wedding, and the marshall road tripping across america is just downright stupid,

and its 8 episodes in and only lilly has met the mother,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

i think its getting really boring, cant wait until the church part is over

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Shocking season so far, disappointing end to what was once a brilliant show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Shocking season so far, disappointing end to what was once a brilliant show

And my advice would be not to even bother with tonights episode.

Complete and total crud from start to finish

21 mins and 1 second of my life im never getting back:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I don't know, I thought it was really good! If it wasn't a comedy it would have been great! There was one or 2 gags, and it was nice seeing
    Bryan Cranston doing something (and stealing the show really) again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Really enjoyed it as well! Best one of this season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

This episode seemed a lot like classic HIMYM to me. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i soo enjoyed Bryan Cranston, he stole the show for me, even though he was only on for 2 mins.

i enjoyed last nights episode :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Heisenberg made an appearance at one point while on the phone to Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just on the laptop now, last nights episode worth a watch?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just on the laptop now, last nights episode worth a watch?

yup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Aside from one or two weak moments (Lilly trying to scare Robin) this was a good episode. More of a return to the HIMYM of old. Probably helped that there was only a tiny bit in the hotel. As a seperate point does anyone else find the "Mother" very unlikeable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The Mother seems like a bit of an annoying know it all alright, but in fairness that makes her perfect for Ted...

The last episode was decent, it's good to see Marshall with the group again. The wedding thing was tired after one episode, I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea to stretch it over an entire season

phasers wrote: »
    The wedding thing was tired after one episode, I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea to stretch it over an entire season

It makes no sense. The fact that they're having episode-long flashbacks shows how quickly they realised it was a bad idea to have it. There isn't the strength in the storyline nor the writers to write it near to real-time, or near real-time and they obviously realised that quite early on but were already just too invested in the idea.

great episode, definitely the best of the season so far, nothing beats single Barney :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I really wish they would do a 6-8 episode run of flashbacks away from the wedding setting. When Barney can't be Single Barney the whole show falls apart very quickly, so last week's episode was a nice return to form. Unfortunately it looks like we're back to the wedding venue again in the next ep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I just wish they'd get married and be done with it. They are ruining(IMO) what was once a decent show by dragging it out.

is it just me or does the mother look alot like lily?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

This is such a painfully bad season. It's such a chore to watch which is a shame as the show was so brilliant not that long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I've heard this season has been ****e. I was a big fan of the earlier seasons but it's gotten terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

Christ, that was awful. That rhyming was doing my head in!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Not even half way through this episode & I hate it. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT IN AN EPISODE?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I rather liked it, it's the first time they've even tried to be inventive in a very long time.

We are only halfway through the season, how much longer can they postpone the actual ceremony?

back to being dire i see

that wasnt an easy one ha, didnt like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

What the fook was that about!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

NO, JUST NO!

I am not watching this crap.

the first minute and a few fast forwards to see it did not change was enough for me

Thanks HIMYM, but I dont like to be treated like a two year old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! THIS F*CKING SHOW!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Seriously, f*ck this show, f*ck this show in it's ass.

Got half way through and turned it off. Won't be watching HIMYM ever again. Struggled through the last 2 seasons just to see how the show ends but this episode was the final straw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So I should delete it and not watch it? I just want to see the moment he actually meets the mother. Thats all I want from this show.

I dont care about this Barney & Robin wedding, which lets face it, was an idea born purely out of the writing team running out of all other options.

i've decided based on the reviews here that i'm not going to waste my time watching this week's episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

That was dire. It felt like I had gone 12 rounds with Ali, while he was rhyming at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

I actually quite enjoyed it. I've always enjoyed the episodes that are a little weird.

Actually laughed out loud for the first time in a long time watching HIMYM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Quite liked it to be honest! Found the ending sweet when it was said the fireworks became Marvin's first memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Watched 5 minutes of it and off it went.

This show should of ended years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Gone to shhit, hasn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

awful, awful, awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

smashed-computer.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Its thoroughly utterly unwatchable.

At the beginning of this season I held onto the vague hope that it would pick up a little once Marshall rejoined the rest of the cast, but I really, really, really doubt that its going to happen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wow. I've been as critical as anyone about the show in recent years but I actually enjoyed that episode. It was better than Ted not being allowed to do something by the over protective receptionist, better than Lily thanking Linus :mad: and better than Robin feeling undermined.

Not a great base for being decent I accept but I was smiling and even laughing through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its thoroughly utterly unwatchable.

At the beginning of this season I held onto the vague hope that it would pick up a little once Marshall rejoined the rest of the cast, but I really, really, really doubt that its going to happen. :(

Whats the point of seperating him from the group? He stilll has to show up for work. Or is he shooting a film or something?

Wasn't he reluctant to commit to the full season? maybe the "roadtrip" was the excuse of him not being there full time, but they decided to add it as a side story when he agreed. (Complete guess though)

Guessing it's not worth watching the new episode then? :P

Wow. I've been as critical as anyone about the show in recent years but I actually enjoyed that episode. It was better than Ted not being allowed to do something by the over protective receptionist, better than Lily thanking Linus :mad: and better than Robin feeling undermined.

Not a great base for being decent I accept but I was smiling and even laughing through it.

i'm surprised lily is even able to stand up at this point :rolleyes:

also beginning now to see why robin is having cold feet just before the wedding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well that was dumb

The only good part was James' costume at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

A cute idea; but just blurgh!

Only a few more episodes left right??

just no, barney is not meant to be like that, probably have ruined one of the funniest characters on tv.

the last one was brilliant!! love it if it goes that way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

I laughed a couple of times at this episode wasn't too bad at all! I see some disagree but it was trying! So I'm giving it points for effort!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement