Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Golden Years" at 66 not 60

Options
  • 23-09-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the news today the age for "Golden Years" is 66 from next Feb.  I am Golden Years already,but I am still not 66, does this affect me.  Will I still be free from paying fees. The country is gone crazy!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

hillbloom wrote: »
    Just heard on the news today the age for "Golden Years" is 66 from next Feb.  I am Golden Years already,but I am still not 66, does this affect me.  Will I still be free from paying fees. The country is gone crazy!!
    Hi hillbloom,

You are correct we are changing the qualifying age for our Golden years account from 60 to 66 from the 17/02/14.  However customers who already avail of this will not be affected, this change only applies to customers who apply after this date.

Many thanks

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 35 martinjr

Have you also re-introduced interest charges for using ATMs in non-EU countries for over 60s: sterling??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi martinjr,

Thanks for your post.

With the Golden Years package, current account transaction fees are not applicable however, cross border handling charges do and always have applied for transactions outside the Eurozone. The only change we have made to this package is to the qualifying age, as mentioned above. For more information on the Golden Years package, please see here

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 35 martinjr

Hi martinjr,

Thanks for your post.

With the Golden Years package, current account transaction fees are not applicable however, cross border handling charges do and always have applied for transactions outside the Eurozone. The only change we have made to this package is to the qualifying age, as mentioned above. For more information on the Golden Years package, please see here

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks for your reply Tara. I checked the GY package documentation and it does not make it any clearer as to why extremely high charges have been applied for two transactions in the UK last week. I have therefore had to write to BOI in the absence of any other suitable means of communication, according to BOI policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi martinjr,

As previously mentioned, Golden Years customers are not exempt from cross border handling charges and this has never been the case. If using your card outside the Eurozone, the following fees apply:

ATM 3.5% of the transaction value with minimum charge of €3.17 and maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction.
    POS (point of sale) 1.75% of the transaction value with minimum charge of €0.46 and maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction.

Contactless POS 1.75% of the transaction value with minimum charge of E0.10 and maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction.

The maximum charge that would be applied to a card transaction is €11.43.

If you need to query a particular charge on your account, please call your branch and a representative will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement