Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving on from cartridge and battery brands

Options
  • 23-09-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I quit the auld smoking quite a while ago using Smokegreen's ecigs. I found them great at the time, but I've been wandering back into smoking on nights out, and I'm having serious problems with anything I've bought from Smokegreen recently - batteries not working and dud cartridges. In fairness to them, they always replace faulty stuff, but it's getting to be a pain when I can't rely on my ecig.

I had used vaping before as a temporary measure to get me past the worst of the quitting stage, and was reluctant to invest properly in it - as I hope to be neither smoking nor vaping in the future. In saying that, I'd spend €50 in a week on smokes (if not more) if I get back into it, so I am thinking about trying something new that would be good to get me back on the straight and narrow.

Either way - tomorrow I either have to buy more cartridges for my current ecigs, or else bite the bullet and go for something completely different.

I think (from what I've been told) that the refillable ecigs are better than the cartridge ones, but I've also been told that they can be a lot of hassle.

I really don't want to end up back smoking, so any advice would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

xoxyx wrote: »
    I've ... been told that they can be a lot of hassle.
    About the same amount of hassle as...
    xoxyx wrote: »
    batteries not working and dud cartridges.
    ...but a more effective delivery system which is cheaper to run (provided you don't get "into" vaping). Easier to put up with a few duds when you start getting the hit you've wanted.

This starter kit is the most popular/recommended, has samplers of juice.

If you don't mind something being box-shaped this thing is a bargain (2 day battery life for most folks), but you need to pick out whatever juice you want apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

grindle wrote: »
    About the same amount of hassle as...

...but a more effective delivery system which is cheaper to run (provided you don't get "into" vaping). Easier to put up with a few duds when you start getting the hit you've wanted.

That's a very good point.
    This starter kit is the most popular/recommended, has samplers of juice.

If you don't mind something being box-shaped this thing is a bargain (2 day battery life for most folks), but you need to pick out whatever juice you want apart from that.

Cheers - they look good. The first one in particular. I suppose what I'm after is to buy the bases that I can then top up with liquid / accessories as needed without worrying about the main bits losing functionality after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I tried some eCigs and hated them, then tried an Ego with a clearomiser and took to it straight away. Six weeks later and I have ordered the Kanger kit that Grindle recommends, only wish I had come on here sooner and got it originally.

What was a nasty habit is now becoming a nice hobby :D

Oh and Grindle is God on here :P

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Oh and Grindle is God on here :P

Mewso is God, all wrath and fury and that.

Eoin and Digby are Adam and Eve... Digby seems the sort to throw away paradise for an apple, he can be Eve.

tommy2bad is...Abraham. Or Methuselah...? *hides*

I'm Noah, coaxing coils onto my rebuildable Ark in pairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I'm Noah, coaxing coils onto my rebuildable Ark in pairs.

And superneat swoops in, steals all the unicorns from your ark and disappears into the night :p

• Advertisement

Superneat = Solomon. Greedy bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sakiboy

Hey Folks ,
    didn't want to start a new thread . Gave up cigarettes 5 weeks ago for medical reasons . Had been using the nicorette inhalor and Jasper disposable e-cigarettes for a while but the jasper e-cigs were becoming expensive so I invested (€20) in a jasper mini explorer kit but keep getting dud refil cartomisers ,I bought from a shop in north Fingal and then from a website . Has anyone else experienced such problems . After doing a bit of reading on this forum I am thinking of investing in the kanger starter kit -> but can anyone tell me , I liked the jasper disposable tobacco flavor e-cigs but didn't like the nicolite e-cigs (in fact they made me want to puke ) so Is the kanger like this ? Hope this makes sense - feeling a bit jittery - probably nicotine withdrawal :)

sakiboy wrote: »
    Is the kanger like this ?

The Kanger is an empty tank that you put any liquid you want into (although finding one that's exactly like the Jasper cartos might be a problem).

There are so many flavours available from so many different suppliers you should easily find something just as good in your opinion, if not far far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Sakiboy - the Kanger Twist kit features a clearomizer which is a device that holds a lot more liquid than a cartomizer - the Jasper you have takes a cartomizer.

There's a huge difference between the two and you'll be amazed at how much better a clearo works for satisfying your cravings - you get a whole days liquid out of them so will only have to refill once a day, twice if you're vaping heavy and need to top up. Plus you get a great vape in general - those disposable e-cigs/pre-filled cartomizers don't even come close to the hit and the power of clearo's.

The Kanger kit has an eGo vv battery that'll last around 5 hours IF you're puffing on it constantly, much longer if not.

And with hundereds of e-liquids out there to choose from you'll never tire of trying. And likely never go back smoking either.

I'd get the Kanger kit for home and a couple of Joyetech 510 batteries, 510 charger and Boge cartomizers for outside/work as that's the size you're used to. You fill the Boge's with any liquid you like.
    Or instead of the 510 batteries get two mini eGo 350/450mah batteries - they can be charged with the Kanger kit usb. They're a lovely little discreet set-up for out n about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Elbow wrote: »
    And superneat swoops in, steals all the unicorns from your ark and disappears into the night :p

It's funny - he appeared out of nowhere, showed us his very extensive ans expensive wares and hasn't been heard from since.

• Advertisement

your replies were informative and helpful.
    I think I am going to go for the Kanger .
    What are the most popular liquids ? I used to
    smoke John Player Blue .

sb

You'll never find an e-liquid that tastes exactly the same as your cigarette of choice however there are some fantastic tobacco liquids out there.

http://www.houseofliquid.ie/product-p/samples3.htm

http://www.houseofliquid.ie/product-p/cellar-samples.htm

Been a long time since I smoked a john player blue but if I remember correctly they were pretty rough on the throat so I'd recommend trying 18mg & 24mg strength liquid

Thanks for the links elbow.

sakiboy wrote: »
    Thanks for the links elbow.

Not a bother

I'd highly recommend trying the Minotaur and Cigarrillos Naturales.

T-juice also do some nice quality juices

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/juice-c-48_71.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Cheers guys. I ended up going for the Kanger starter kit and it's been posted, so hopefully will have it for the weekend along with some strange and interesting new liquids!! :P I have high hopes for this - cigarettes begone!!

Advertisement