Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create a simple android app

Options
  • 23-09-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    I would like to create a simple android app and would like some help on the way to do it please.
    I want my app to inform users of events every month and give them an option to set a reminder for the events, and add a map to show locations. I will update the event list at the start of every month. That's it basically.
    I'm just wondering what's the best way to go about creating this app.. I have a small bit of programming knowledge from college a few years ago, would this app be difficult to create from scratch? would buying a few books on android app development and java be enough to get it up and running inside 6 months? Or are the online app development websites worth using for this app?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 freetoall

You should really give it a go yourself, your idea seems interesting. Give it ago and surprise yourself.
    Wish you all the best

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

If you're looking for a book, I'd recommend Professional Android 4 Application Development. A word of warning though the maps section is out of date and you need to use the V2 API. The rest of it should cover everything you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Someone recommended this guy on here before. http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=6

I watched a few videos last night. If you have a bit of programming experience from college this should get you on the right track pretty quickly.

Advertisement