Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thought the ending was perfect. It was a somber affair, not a guns-blazing doomsday emotional wreck, which would've been out of place I reckon. That happened a few episodes ago, the last two were 'wrap everything up' episodes. I would've hated a twist, or some ambiguous whaa? ending. What's right is more important (to me) than predictability. It needed to sort out so many things and it did - give fans what we deserve, finality. Wrapped up everything very well, and the characters got what they deserved :
    "Walt" = Found a way to get his money to his family. Also got to explain he himself didn't kill Hank.
    Heisenberg = Died.
    Nazis = Died.
    Jesse = Freed, also killed Todd by his own hands.
    Skylar/Marie = get to find & have a proper funeral for Hank.

Really happy with how everything ended. So happy that Breaking Bad went from strength to strength, went out on a high, with surely it's biggest ratings ever and being cemented as a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

lahalane wrote: »
    For the people who say it was too predictable, I'm pretty sure that any possible outcome was predicted on the internet over the last month. Somebody was bound to get it right. Predictable doesn't mean bad. I feel it was the best way to end the show.

Agreed. We've all been mulling over this finale for so long that it seemed a tad predictable. But, that being said I think it provided adequate emotional and narrative closure to the series. When it's viewed in bulk I think it'll feel like a well rounded ending.

Only thing that took me out of the story was when Marie said that they knew/thought Walt had stolen the car. Must have been the only car stolen in New Hampshire that day.

Skylar on the phone with Walt behind the pillar the whole time was great.

Jesse finally breaking free of the shackles both literally (killing Todd!) and metaphorically (not being manipulated into killing Walt) was fantastic. Him going crazy in the car reminded of when Walt blew up Tuco's den. Pure catharsis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

but what would have happened if walt wasn't shot?

he already set up somebody to call the cops, he would have gone to jail?

aaron paul dressed up in the fumigating coveralls on talking bad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Glad Walt is gone and Jesse made it but i said it earlier...remote m60 is straight outta the a team. Spoiled it for me. People here going on about how Walt couldn't handle an m60 but are going to be happy now that he could set it up to be remotely used while he dove Jesse to the ground and wiped out Jack and the nazis. Bull****. Robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭manyoung

Great television. The scene with the nazis and the gun blew me away, was not expecting that at all. People found that surreal but personally I found the fact thta people actually leave their car keys behind the mirror to be crazy, though since Terminator 2 I haven't been able to get over that.

I feel bad for Skyler, hope she gets a deal and Marie reaches closure. It's great as well that some posters are so confident in their silly theories that they just crumble. Predictablility as been has huge aspect of the show, but there is nothing wrong with it.

I'm suprised Walt didn't take a dig at Gray Matter when at the house. Good to see Badger and Skinny Pete as well. Speaking of which does anyone know how the Star Trek scene fits in?

Still not sure what I think about Todd. That's the most emotion he has ever shown.

I think it was about family, but also the chemistry. He was the best at his game.

Is it me or were lydia and Todd attemting to elope?

All in all, I began watching this show in October 2012 and have been absolutely blown away. This show is a game changer. It's cold shots, use of silence and badasss characters have molded it as perhaps the finest show of our time. It's been the inly show to make me 'feel' and I thank it for that.

Its been a blast guys.

manyoung

"I have spent my whole life
    scared, frightened of things that
    could happen, might happen,
    might not happen, 50-years I
    spent like that. Finding myself
    awake at three in the morning.
    But you know what? Ever since
    my diagnosis, I sleep just fine.
    What I came to realize is that
    fear, that’s the worst of it.
    That’s the real enemy. So, get
    up, get out in the real world and
    you kick that bastard as hard
    you can right in the teeth." –
    Walter White ”

He'd resigned himself to death already, he probably would have blown his own brains out anyway. He was basically after telling the Schwartz's "I know I won't be here tomorrow", hence Badger and Skinny Pete playing laser tag. Saul would have been proud.

manyoung wrote: »
    Great television. The scene with the nazis and the gun blew me away, was not expecting that at all. People found that surreal but personally I found the fact thta people actually leave their car keys behind the mirror to be crazy, though since Terminator 2 I haven't been able to get over that.

I feel bad for Skyler, hope she gets a deal and Marie reaches closure. It's great as well that some posters are so confident in their silly theories that they just crumble. Predictablility as been has huge aspect of the show, but there is nothing wrong with it.

I'm suprised Walt didn't take a dig at Gray Matter when at the house. Good to see Badger and Skinny Pete as well. Speaking of which does anyone know how the Star Trek scene fits in?

Still not sure what I think about Todd. That's the most emotion he has ever shown.

I think it was about family, but also the chemistry. He was the best at his game.

Is it me or were lydia and Todd attemting to elope?

All in all, I began watching this show in October 2013 and have been absolutely blown away. This show is a game changer. It's cold shots, use of silence and badasss characters have molded it as perhaps the finest show of our time. It's been the inly show to make me 'feel' and I thank it for that.

Its been a blast guys.

manyoung

"I have spent my whole life
    scared, frightened of things that
    could happen, might happen,
    might not happen, 50-years I
    spent like that. Finding myself
    awake at three in the morning.
    But you know what? Ever since
    my diagnosis, I sleep just fine.
    What I came to realize is that
    fear, that’s the worst of it.
    That’s the real enemy. So, get
    up, get out in the real world and
    you kick that bastard as hard
    you can right in the teeth." –
    Walter White ”

Could I trouble you for this weeks lottery numbers please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It was enjoyable and all the loose ends were tied up nicely but it could've done with a bit more of a twist for me. Minor complaint though.

The scene with the lasers was a personal highlight. I knew there weren't really hitmen but seeing those two in the car was a nice surprise and got a chuckle.

The license plate was cool.

xm0htk.png

Turpentine wrote: »
    Could I trouble you for this weeks lottery numbers please?

Crap, 2012. Thanks.

manyoung wrote: »
    Crap, 2012. Thanks.

Only yanking your chain buddy.

I agree with what you said about the spare-keys in the sun shade, it's a bit hackneyed alright.

Yeah, but when you decide to get involved in drugs you really aren't protecting your child. If she doesn't care then why should Walt? Furthermore, just look at Brock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Really happy with how everything ended.

Absolutely disagree here. It was a Hollywood perversion of the Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde theme. Mr Hyde brought death and destruction upon those around him and of course there was no redemption for Dr Jeckyll. But the Happy End kitsch we have been fed now was to be expected when the Nazis didn't slaughter the White family in the previous episode. And so the show ended with Walter being the good guy again, millions of blood money to keep the family happy, closure for Marie, Jesse safe and sound and Walter finally "at peace" in death (Gilligan). I'm very disappointed.

The real highlight was "the two best hitmen west of the Mississippi", I just so did not see this coming. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Heckler wrote: »
    Glad Walt is gone and Jesse made it but i said it earlier...remote m60 is straight outta the a team. Spoiled it for me. People here going on about how Walt couldn't handle an m60 but are going to be happy now that he could set it up to be remotely used while he dove Jesse to the ground and wiped out Jack and the nazis. Bull****. Robbed.

He's pretty smart and I'm sure there were instructions with it when he was setting it up :p He probably practised too...it'd be a pity to let something so small ruin a genuinely great series for ya :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I'm guessing he would of shot himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Very happy with the finale.
    Tied up many loose ends.
    Happy to see the ricin used finally although after having a season shoving the fact that lydia like calmolile tea down our throats it wasn't much of a shock.
    can't understand why people are having such trouble with the m60 in the car. walt was on his last legs with the cancer and jack and co are too good at what they do to be bested by him in a proper gun fight. any monkey with a soldering iron and google could have knocked that together and it worked brilliantly.
    the. badger and skinny petes return was great too.
    thankful that jesse made it out. the low to the ground shot of the car smashing through the gate was a none too subtle way of saying it and i'm delighted.
    all in all it is a show to i'm going to miss. i'm really glad to live in this age of entertainment.

That was the only reason Mike went for half-measures before. Lydia could've just gotten out of the game at that point if she was worried about her kid.

Funnily enough, Lydia's only concern when Mike was going to kill her was that her body would never be found and her child would think she'd just left. Sadly, she'll probably be found dead either by her child or the housekeeper now, so in a way she's gotten a better end than she could have.

He's pretty smart and I'm sure there were instructions with it when he was setting it up :p He probably practised too...it'd be a pity to let something so small ruin a genuinely great series for ya :/

Not going to ruin it all. Came to BB late and watched 5 series in a month. Love it but not so much of a fanboy that I can't point out some bull**** when it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Not going to ruin it all. Came to BB late and watched 5 series in a month. Love it but not so much of a fanboy that I can't point out some bull**** when it happens.

check out post #470 on it :pac::pac::pac:

We'll have to agree to disagree so :/ I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary. Perfectly reasonable outcome for me.

We'll have to agree to disagree so :/ I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary. Perfectly reasonable outcome for me.

No prob with the outcome. I know people say the show isn't based in reality but seriously, Walt triggers a remote machine gun that wipes out jack and the nazis...........in the mean time Mr.T and McGuyver escape from the baddies with an arc weld and some gum.................

iMuse wrote: »
    Goodbye Heisenberg

0.gif

Heisenberg died in New Hampshire, he never came back to Albuquerque.

No prob with the outcome. I know people say the show isn't based in reality but seriously, Walt triggers a remote machine gun that wipes out jack and the nazis...........in the mean time Mr.T and McGuyver escape from the baddies with an arc weld and some gum.................

Well what did you want to happen? Have the gun totally **** up and the Nazis just shoot Walt? How **** would that have been? I think you ask too much of your TV shows. It's a pity that you can't get past this little thing and be happy with what you saw but I suppose nothing I can say will change your mind...so I'll just rub it in about how much happier I am with the ending than you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i absolutely loved it,

i think it closed the series in a way that was true to the series, with Walt outwitting them all yet again and showing that while he was no longer able to manipulate the people that really knew him like Skyler and Jessie like he used to, he most definitely could control the people around him who didn't know him, Gretchen, the nazi's, Todd and Lydia.

And the Motto of Nebraska, Saul's new home, is "Equality Before the Law". :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

poor auld jr still in the dark

• Advertisement

Very happy with the finale.
    Tied up many loose ends.
    Happy to see the ricin used finally although after having a season shoving the fact that lydia like calmolile tea down our throats it wasn't much of a shock.
    can't understand why people are having such trouble with the m60 in the car. walt was on his last legs with the cancer and jack and co are too good at what they do to be bested by him in a proper gun fight. any monkey with a soldering iron and google could have knocked that together and it worked brilliantly.
    the. badger and skinny petes return was great too.
    thankful that jesse made it out. the low to the ground shot of the car smashing through the gate was a none too subtle way of saying it and i'm delighted.
    all in all it is a show to i'm going to miss. i'm really glad to live in this age of entertainment.

Sorry to harp on but you think someone with limited knowledge of firearms (ie. Walt), not least an m60, can knock together a remote firing mechanism from the boot of a car ? That would be a challenge for someone with both firearm and engineering skill.

Sorry to harp on but you think someone with limited knowledge of firearms (ie. Walt), not least an m60, can knock together a remote firing mechanism from the boot of a car ? That would be a challenge for someone with both firearm and engineering skill.

It would also be a challenge to dissolve a body in hydrofluoric acid. But hey, it looks great on TV! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Great finale! mad to think that's it all over now.:(

Torqay wrote: »
    Heisenberg died in New Hampshire, he never came back to Albuquerque.

No, he didn't. Walt gave the Schwartz's the money to give to his family, Heisenberg made sure they followed through.

No, he didn't. Walt gave the Schwartz's the money to give to his family, Heisenberg made sure they followed through.

the guy who wrote the last ep. said heisenberg was dead

walter white was dead
    heisenberg was dead
    he's now something different

It was the two jokers outside with their laser pointers who made sure they followed through! ;)

• Advertisement

Well what did you want to happen? Have the gun totally **** up and the Nazis just shoot Walt? How **** would that have been? I think you ask too much of your TV shows. It's a pity that you can't get past this little thing and be happy with what you saw but I suppose nothing I can say will change your mind...so I'll just rub it in about how much happier I am with the ending than you :p

Happy with the ending.Would have preferred if Jesse had shot Walt in the face. Not trying to complain too much but every episode of BB comes under so much scrutiny that i think that my criticism of the finale is justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

That was satisfying.

It was the two jokers outside with their laser pointers who made sure they followed through! ;)

Sure, they just happened to be walking home from a midnight game of pitch and putt. Lasers-a-pointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    All the predictions appeared online and the most popular came true tonight.

Note to self: Dont get too excised about a finale again

That was ... lacking :(

Dexter thread is over there.

It would also be a challenge to dissolve a body in hydrofluoric acid. But hey, it looks great on TV! ;)

Not really. fill the bath and put the body in. not rocket science.

• Advertisement

Happy with the ending.Would have preferred if Jesse had shot Walt in the face. Not trying to complain too much but every episode of BB comes under so much scrutiny that i think that my criticism of the finale is justified.

I'm glad he didn't! I was nearly expecting some sort of Brad Pitt in Seven style ending for Jesse at that moment. I think the whole point of it though is that the main reason he didn't kill Walt is because Walt wanted to be killed, i.e. Jesse's not going to be manipulated anymore

but every episode of BB comes under so much scrutiny

By comic book guys...don't be a comic book guy ;)

By comic book guys...don't be a comic book guy ;)

You've come to the wrong neighbourhood

You've come to the wrong neighbourhood

In that case, I'm outtie. L8rs homies xxx.

I realise i'm gonna be ****ed by the REAL FANS.

I'm glad he didn't! I was nearly expecting some sort of Brad Pitt in Seven style ending for Jesse at that moment. I think the whole point of it though is that the main reason he didn't kill Walt is because Walt wanted to be killed, i.e. Jesse's not going to be manipulated anymore

that & jesse spotted he'd been shot

batistuta9 wrote: »
    the guy who wrote the last ep. said heisenberg was dead

walter white was dead
    heisenberg was dead
    he's now something different

Yeah maybe that was the intention, it's still open to interpretation on the screen though. It could be argued that true Heisenberg was left behind in the gas station with the watch after finding out the Schwartz's address, but apparently that shot of the watch was just to fix a continuity error with the season opener.

Not really. fill the bath and put the body in. not rocket science.

I believe, this has been extensively debunked since S01E02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Well yeah that's exactly what i think, You're making it more complex in your head than it actually is. I don't know much about engineering but i know enough about circuitry and woodwoorking that with a bit of time i could knock something together albeit the keychain trigger is beyond me in fact i've helped my grandad put similar enough things together in his shed (without the gun of course:P). the fact its a gun shouldn't make much of a difference just gotta have something hooked to the motor to manipulate the trigger.
    And walt isn't exactly a dunce now either is he

batistuta9 wrote: »
    that & jesse spotted he'd been shot

Yeah, but the way Jesse said "I want you to tell me that YOU want it". Walt had been getting Jesse to do his bidding by manipulating his feelings. Jesse wanted to kill Walt there, and he would have except for the fact that Walt wanted to be put out of his misery, so Jesse rebelled.

I think Walt having been hit by a stray bullet already was more of a narrative device than a true deciding factor in Pinkman's "mercy".

Sure Walt was on the phone and Walking around and everything. Even though it was a gut shot, with the right medical attention he could have survived. So I don't think that was the deciding factor for Jesse, I think he just wanted out from under Walt's thumb, even though that meant letting Walt live (for however long).

• Advertisement
Advertisement