Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

There ends one of the finest pieces of Television there has been, and there will ever be.

A perfect ending to be honest. When the writers had said last week that Walt had become someone new again, and Hiesenberg was gone, you could really see it. He really didn't give a f**k anymore, he really just saw it all as loose ends to tie up before he died/got arrested. No crazy driven ego, no real desperation, nothing to lose - just putting a few things to bed (literally) before he went. No real anger or resentment towards Gretchen and Elliot, he certainly didn't care about the money anymore - didn't even let Jack finish his sentence when mentioning it. It all didn't matter. And a final bit of honesty from Walt was refreshing, he didn't do it all for his family but for himself. We knew that there was a bit of Walt that enjoyed what he was doing all along.

Jesse's face when driving out of the compound. Sheer relief and joy, my main hope for the character. The little nod between him and Walt was the ideal goodbye. There would have been certainly anger and resentment still between them, I'm sure there was still a miniscule level of appreciation from Jesse's side, and sorrow on Walt's.

All in all, no surprises in the episode. I was sure Elliot and Gretchen wouldn't return, but I knew Walt wouldn't be out for revenge. And didn't think the machine gun would be for the Nazis, but of course Walt had some clever twist than to go in all guns ablazing. I thought the pace of the episode was nice, a bit faster than usual but in a good way. There was no real need to show Walt approaching Badger and Pete for example, or setting up the ricin attack on Lydia. However, I hope there'll be an uncut episode available maybe on the boxset.

Did Walt die in the end, or did the cops get to him on time? The build up of the episode was that he was planning to get caught, but it almost certainly looked liked he died. However, a bit of me really hoped at the end we would see a final scene set 20 years in the future, with an ageing Walt approaching Jesse with the single line "Wanna cook?" :D

It has been some ride though. Think I'll give it a year or so, and do a full rewatch and re-appreciate it all again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

1208951_10151939000736337_1614964757_n_zps607c02bf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Todd and Lydia relationship was starting to progress.

Why did he kill Lydia?
    What did she actually do to him directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

To anyone moaning about that ending (which in my opinion was brilliant television), please take a look at the ending of Dexter. The guy ended up as a DEXTER SPOILER
    ****ing lumberjack
    , after 8 seasons. This was a brilliant ending to the most compelling TV show I've ever watched. Goodbye BB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I loved it, thought it was a great episode. All the people I wanted dead, died, except Jesse. Little disappointed he got away but kudos for taking out Todd in the way he did.

Thought the machine gun setup was brilliant, couldn't give a damn how believable it was or not. And the way Jack was killed mid sentence (the same way Hank went), excellent!

Felt sorry for Walt saying goodbye to Holly and watching Walt Jnr. Was sad to see him go but it was a pretty decent end for him all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

One thing I wondered about (well, besides Huell), would Lydia have time to save herself now that Walt told her what she's been poisoned with?

Edit: googled it. "There is no antidote for ricin poisoning". Goodbye, Lydia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

R019912 wrote: »
    To anyone moaning about that ending (which in my opinion was brilliant television), please take a look at the ending of Dexter. The guy ended up as a ****ing
    lumberjack
    , after 8 seasons. This was a brilliant ending to the most compelling TV show I've ever watched. Goodbye BB

Eh, guess there's no need for me to go back to that show! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

When Todd looked out the window after the shooting I really wanted him to say something along the lines of "Hey Mr. White, I..I think somebody put a gun in the back of your car".

Ahh Todd, you naive little creepy psychopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

wow, amazing really. I'm fairly numb, bit zombified. for me, best show I've ever watched, ever will watch. I cannot imagine any other show topping that for me. perfection :')

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Why did he kill Lydia?

She could probably threaten his family after he died, and she wanted him dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Kilkenny14 wrote: »

I just wish we had found out where Saul ended up; will the spin off be set after or before the series?

He disappeared off to Nebraska with a new identity and a new life.

Spin-off will be a prequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Dman001 wrote: »
    No crazy driven ego, no real desperation, nothing to lose - just putting a few things to bed (literally) before he went. No real anger or resentment towards Gretchen and Elliot, he certainly didn't care about the money anymore - didn't even let Jack finish his sentence when mentioning it. It all didn't matter.

This.The one thing I was trying to figure out was who was Walt? He wasn't Walt obviously and the moment when he showed disinterest in recovering his stolen millions made me realise he wasn't Heisenberg either.He was someone completely different.A new persona.

It was an odd feeling as this season I really began to hate and despise Walt for some of the irrational and reckless decisions he made and for showing nothing but contempt for those he loved but this episode made me completely fall on Walt's side,just like the old days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

To anyone moaning about that ending (which in my opinion was brilliant television), please take a look at the ending of Dexter. The guy ended up as a DEXTER SPOILER
    ****ing lumberjack

Thanks for that

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a fitting finale.

Few, if any unanswered questions

wow, amazing really. I'm fairly numb, bit zombified. for me, best show I've ever watched, ever will watch. I cannot imagine any other show topping that for me. perfection :')

How can you say that? How do you another show of this quality wont come along at some point in the future?

****ing lumberjack

The spoiler was put in too late. Its already been ruined

RIP Lydia Rodarte-Quayle

Head of Logistics at Madrigal Electromotive GmbH, Mother of Kiira Rodarte-Quayle ,
    Meth Cartel operative, winner of Platinum Award in recognition of "Outstanding Leadership in Business, friend(Todd Etc), Tea drinker,

Breaking.Bad_.S05E04.720p.HDTV_.x264-EVOLVE.mkv_snapshot_07.55_2012.08.06_09.53.00.jpg

RIP Lydia Rodarte-Quayle

Head of Logistics at Madrigal Electromotive GmbH, Mother of Kiira Rodarte-Quayle ,
    Meth Cartel operative, winner of Platinum Award in recognition of "Outstanding Leadership in Business, friend.

[image]http://www.barronnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Breaking.Bad_.S05E04.720p.HDTV_.x264-EVOLVE.mkv_snapshot_07.55_2012.08.06_09.53.00.jpg[/iimage]

That part was kind of telegraphed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I cried, I cheered, I loved it.

Perfect ending to the best show I've ever watched.

I can't believe it's all over :(

With regards to how Walt made Lydia take the ricin. Initially I assumed he swapped it while they are talking.

But from watching it back I notice there is only one white Stevia packet on her table, she takes it immediately and has it in her hand for the rest of the scene.

So as I understand it, Walt would have had to know not only that Lydia was coming but also exactly what seat? Also I'm surprised he didn't wait until she had drank it before coming over, as there was always a risk she might leave before Walt came over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

batistuta9 wrote: »
    yep walter white & tony soprano live on
    with the dodos'
    Oh, his demise was certain yeah, I was just unsure as to whether he was dead then, or tripping on meth.

It would seem kinda weak for the man to just lie there and bleed to death from a stray bullet.
    I like to think he finally became one with his creation.
    It would be more empowering.

Why did he kill Lydia?

She wanted to kill his family in case they talked to the police about her. He heard from Skylar that she was told not to talk about the "woman at the carwash" although I just checked and that happened after he got Lydia with the ricin. That said he may have suspected she might come after his family after the nazis got killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

AMAZING ENDING loved it!

RIP Lydia Rodarte-Quayle

Meth Cartel operative, winner of Platinum Award in recognition of "Outstanding Leadership in Business, friend, Tea drinker.

Breaking.Bad_.S05E04.720p.HDTV_.x264-EVOLVE.mkv_snapshot_07.55_2012.08.06_09.53.00.jpg

I'm glad that obsessive compulsive c*nt got what was coming to her.

• Advertisement

I'm glad that obsessive compulsive c*nt got what was coming to her.

She was a single mother of a young daughter Kiira Rodarte-Quayle and now that child is orphaned by Mr White
    http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Kiira_Rodarte-Quayle

250px-Kiira.png

Basq wrote: »
    Amazing.... don't honestly know how people could be disappointed in that finale. Absolutely loved it.

Some of the direction from Gilligan was astounding. Personal favourite shot was Gretchen and Elliott were chatting away in the kitchen with the classical music playing, we see Walt closing the gates and sauntering up to the door. Reminded me of American Psycho.. calm before the storm. We had no idea what he was capable of at the moment.

Loved this too, his genuine curiosity and interest in how they lived, while also not a care in the world that Elliot and Gretchen were in the same room.

The scene with Jesse making the wooden box was a striking comparison of how his life was and what it could have been, to what is had then become. The freedom he had, the passion, interest and pride he had in making the box sharply cut away into what his life was now - chained to a machine, being forced to produce meth. A very saddening scene actually, but possibly a hopeful one now that he is at last free again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Heckler wrote: »
    I love BB as much as anyone but c'mon....a remote controlled m60 on a pivot....gimme a ****ing break.

An M60 has a remote switch.

I called it two weeks ago and I've killed way less people than Walt.

She was a single mother of a young daughter Kiira Rodarte-Quayle and now that child is orphaned by Mr White
    http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Kiira_Rodarte-Quayle

250px-Kiira.png

Yes and Lydia would have been happy enough to see Holly and Walt Jr. left orphaned when she wanted Todd to kill their mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It's now up to 9.9
    glasso wrote: »
    If Walt was hit by an M60 bullet wouldn't he have been killed immediately?

Jack wasn't killed straight away either, but Walt kindly obliged him with that!
    With regards to how Walt made Lydia take the ricin. Initially I assumed he swapped it while they are talking.

But from watching it back I notice there is only one white Stevia packet on her table, she takes it immediately and has it in her hand for the rest of the scene.

So as I understand it, Walt would have had to know not only that Lydia was coming but also exactly what seat? Also I'm surprised he didn't wait until she had drank it before coming over, as there was always a risk she might leave before Walt came over.

She seemed startled to see him as well, but Walt had mentioned that every Tues she had come at the same time every week & maybe same chair, for her weekly meetings with Walt, something she forgot about it.

Must watch the dl version later, just to say goodbye in my time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt a bit emotional at the end :D 5 outstanding seasons, couldn't have asked for more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Dman001 wrote: »
    Loved this too, his genuine curiosity and interest in how they lived, while also not a care in the world that Elliot and Gretchen were in the same room.

I also thought it was cool that he got a glimpse of the life he thought he wanted and might have had with Skylar. I thought it was clear that Elliot and Gretchen were good people though. Elliot did look like a complete science nerd.

I also loved how Gilligan allowed Jesse be the one to kill Todd as payback for Andrea, instead of having him shot along with the rest of his gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Yes and Lydia would have been happy enough to see Holly and Walt Jr. left orphaned when she wanted Todd to kill their mother.

In addition to her trying to arrange a hit on the 11 guys Mike was paying off, and in addition to her ordering a hit on Mike when he refused, she also played her role in seeing Declan's (I think that was his name?) gang massacred.

A horrible person! Undeserving of sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I think I missed something. How did Walt get the ricin into the sweetner wrapper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    I think I missed something. How did Walt get the ricin into the sweetner wrapper?

We're to assume Walt put it in the artificial sweetner sachet before Lydia got to the cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Yes, there is an argument that everything may have been boxed off a bit too nicely but I think the fact that so much was resolved is what made it so great. = I havent always been the biggest fan of this season but I found the ending to be just about perfect. I wanted him to get his revenge on Jack. I wanted it to be him that saved Jesse. I wanted some sort of reconciliation with Skyler. I wanted Lydia to get the ricin. And I wanted him to die "on his own terms" and I got pretty much all of that.

The shot of him closing the big double doors in Gretchen's house was outstanding, I dont know what I liked it so much.

I loved how accepting he was of his fate throughout the episode, so at ease with himself, not having to do that fake-sincere voice thing and just being honest. Finally admitting to Skyler that he did it for himself and seeing her almost relieved to finally hear the truth was a great moment between to two. Having it all end in the place where he was at his most content and self-fulfilled was a great touch because initially I was wishing that the Nazi's could be taken care of early rather than as the climax as I had hoped that would have been with his wife, but ending it in the lab worked better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Well.. he was there before Lydia, and she always sat at the same table.. so swapped out the one (that's important.. she asked for more!) packet of Stevia with his "batch"

As for packaging it so nicely and neatly.. ah well, we need to suspend a certain amount of disbelief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Probably the best ending to any TV show I've ever seen. No complaints whatsoever. Well just one, that's it's over!

Basq wrote: »
    Well.. he was there before Lydia, and she always sat at the same table.. so swapped out the one (that's important.. she asked for more!) packet of Stevia with his "batch"

As for packaging it so nicely and neatly.. ah well, we need to suspend a certain amount of disbelief.

If Art Attack taught me anything, it's that PVA Glue will re-assemble anything! :D

Seriously though, Walt's a meticulous guy. He'd sort it no problem, knowing Lydia wouldn't pass much heed into opening it and pouring it into her mug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

"Don't cry because over - smile that it happened"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a fitting finale.

Few, if any unanswered questions

maxresdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Can someone explain why ( the only gripe with the finale i have) the car keys were on the visor?why do people/Americans do it?i say Americans because I've only seenit on American tv shows movies etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Can someone explain why ( the only gripe with the finale i have) the car keys were on the visor?why do people/Americans do it?i say Americans because I've only seenit on American tv shows movies etc

Some people do it, and it's become a bit of a thing in movies/tv now.

Also, the guy's car was an utter piece of ****e parked in the middle of nowhere during a blizzard in New Hampshire, and likely knew everyone that lived in a ten mile radius, plus they knew him.

Chances of anyone nicking your car in that situation are low to non-existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

The only thing that really bugged me was how convenient the whole shoot out scene was. From being able to park directly in front, to having the keys placed down within reach. Then there was Jack sending him off only to change his mind for the sake of proving that he wasn't a liar.
    It all just went too smoothly.

I absolutely loved the end scene where Walt says goodbye to Heisenberg before they both die. Fantastic imagery, fantastic choice of music, fantastic show.

I don't think I'll look up what others are saying and what predictions are being made in future about any show I'm watching, because having read true predictions, it kinda left me a tiny bit underwhelmed watching them play out.

Overall though - Brilliant ending to a brilliant show. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really liked the ending no real complaints but I always felt Hank and Walt should have been the big showdown. Wasn't that what the show was always building to? Todd was a very good character but the rest of the Nazi's were a bit meh. Just think the final scenes deserved a bit more but then again it was fitting to end with Walt and Jesse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

It was everything I wanted out of the finale. Walt was just completely honest about his motivations and colder than anything he had been in the rest of the season. He got his own back on Gretchen and Eliot, reconciled with Skyler and seen his children one last time, poisoned Lydia, killed the Nazis, saved Jessie who got to kill Todd, and died where he felt most at home... in the lab. It was honestly just poetic and free of the usual hurrying about, staying one step ahead of the law that Walt had been doing most of the time and just him tying up everything. Funny thing is, you don't end up hating Walt as the program progressed, it's just admirable that he finished up on his own terms.

It's sad to see end, but definitely glad to have been watching it from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

That shot when Walt was behind the pillar in Skylar's kitchen, was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I was very apprehensive about watching this episode, felt like if, I watch this its over!....if I watch this then its over! :-)

I loved the ending they tied up everything and even got a cameo from skinny p and badger. The scene with grey matter, the closure with Skyler and the very touching scene with holly were brilliant.

The way he took out Lydia was very fortunate there was allot of variables with the set up, I think it could have been done so it didn't seem so far fetched. Glad to see her get wasted tho she was probably one of the most morally deficient characters in the show.

Was very happy to see Walt save Jesse was hoping they would hug it out before Jesse tore away but ya can't have everything.

When Walt picked up the mask I thought it was gonna be meth and he was gonna hit it tuco style, I kinda wish he did especially with the song lyrics and it would be fitting to see him try his own product. The closing shot of him happily taking his last breath is one I'll never forget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

When Walt tells Skylar, "I liked it, I was really good at it', it reminded me of Tyrion from Game of Thrones saying the same thing about being the Hand of the King.

Advertisement