Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

That scene with Jesse and his woodwork project was so amazing.

It really was. It might be one of my favourite scenes in the whole series, as was the original scene when Jesse tells that story. Getting goosebumps now just thinking about it.

Great finale. Heart was in my mouth through most of it, came close to tears once or twice, laughed like a fool(Skinny Pete and Badger). Had everything.

Nit picking i guess i wanted more dialogue between Jess and Walt at the end. And maybe another scene with Marie. I think all shows and even seasons should end on a double length episode anyway, especially in this case. I think that's why there are some calling it too neat, it kind of had to be to wrap everything up.

GoT now is the only thing on TV that comes close to getting me as excited as Breaking Bad did. Can't wait to see what Gilligan does next. No shortage of career options from here that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'd imagine that they'd have weapons consultants who know a lot about this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

That clubhouse was hardly Fort Knox. It just looked like a flimsy shack, would be easy for bullets to penetrate it. The gun was stationed right beside it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Penn wrote: »
    Hank may have hated Walt because of how Walt had betrayed him and caused most of the problems in Hank's life over the past year, but Walt had already flat out refused to have Hank killed. His "confession" tape implicating Hank was to get Hank to back off and drop it without Walt having to do something that would really hurt Hank. Walt then told Jack not to come when he realised Hank was there as he knew Hank would get hurt (though Jack came anyway). He tried to give up his money to save Hank and pleaded for Hank's life. Regardless of what went on after Hank found out Walt was Heisenberg, Walt never wanted Hank to be hurt or killed. You could even see the pain on his face when he was on the phone to Skyler and he was asked about Hank.

There is absolutely nothing to support the idea that Walt wanted Hank dead, and plenty of evidence to support the opposite.

I think WW would have killed Hank himself if Hank turned out to be a threat. That was really the point where an would have expected WWs delusions to crack. Hank was he first member of his family to get killed. The danger was encroaching but he was still holding onto his lies about doing this all for his family.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the ending, but at least WW finally acknowledged his own evil to Skyler and finally told her the truth.

The rest of the finale was very tidy, giving Walt as much as what he wanted as possible. He gets to die a cowboy death, he gets the monetary his family, he in the end decides to free Jesse, though he initially wanted to kill him. I think they needed two hours for a better ending.

I think anyone making a big deal over a couple of minor plot contrivances, which can be easily explained away, must not have been a fan of the show in the first place and are just looking for things to criticise.

Marie said the police were stretched thin with all the sightings, so if there's only one car watching Skyler's place, it wouldn't be hard to go undetected. Walt looked completely different too, dishevelled, full beard and head of hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:((great ending though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Just started episode one.... Didn't think I would watch it so soon.

Love this scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Spiderman1975

I can't wait till Torquay makes his own tv series. It's going to be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I think WW would have killed Hank himself if Hank turned out to be a threat. That was really the point where an would have expected WWs delusions to crack. Hank was he first member of his family to get killed. The danger was encroaching but he was still holding onto his lies about doing this all for his family.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the ending, but at least WW finally acknowledged his own evil to Skyler and finally told her the truth.

The rest of the finale was very tidy, giving Walt as much as what he wanted as possible. He gets to die a cowboy death, he gets the monetary his family, he in the end decides to free Jesse, though he initially wanted to kill him. I think they needed two hours for a better ending.

Walter would have gone to jail before even considering killing hank, don't get this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

EhCFMMg.jpg

• Advertisement

Walter would have gone to jail before even considering killing hank, don't get this at all.

I think he would have if it served his purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think he would have if it served his purposes.

But this already happened in the show. He gave himself up. He could have let the Nazi's come and kill Hank, which would have served his purposes. But he surrendered to Hank instead. He was willing to go to jail, be outed as Heisenberg and have the DEA recover and take all his money, rather than let the Nazi's come and kill Hank (which they ended up doing anyway, but against Walt's wishes when he realised Hank was there).

When Walt thought he'd only led Jesse to his money, he wanted the Nazi's to come and kill him. When he saw Hank was there too, he told the Nazis not to come. He chose to give himself up rather than risk Hank being killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I liked the shot of the Nazi on the vibrating massage chair (or whatever it was) that kept shifting his body around after the dust settled. It was creepy yet kind of funny, just like BB itself.

I feel like I've seen something exactly like this before. A room full of dead people and one person gyrating. Was this familiar to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

When he was talking to the Schwarzs about being hit, he mentioned that they'll just hear footsteps, won't have time to turnaround then just darkness...exactly how The Sopranos ended

Why not just put that in spoilers? For anyone that hasn't seen The Sopranos it takes the fun away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

RIP Jacks henchmen

Slaughtered by WW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag_AFraxj-4

Grimebox wrote: »
    I feel like I've seen something exactly like this before. A room full of dead people and one person gyrating. Was this familiar to anyone else?

Only thing it kind of brought to mind was Tuco's death, where Jesse's lowrider was bouncing around after Hank shot Tuco.

Only thing it kind of brought to mind was Tuco's death, where Jesse's lowrider was bouncing around after Hank shot Tuco.

I was just thinking of that

But this already happened in the show. He gave himself up. He could have let the Nazi's come and kill Hank, which would have served his purposes. But he surrendered to Hank instead. He was willing to go to jail, be outed as Heisenberg and have the DEA recover and take all his money, rather than let the Nazi's come and kill Hank (which they ended up doing anyway, but against Walt's wishes when he realised Hank was there).

When Walt thought he'd only led Jesse to his money, he wanted the Nazi's to come and kill him. When he saw Hank was there too, he told the Nazis not to come. He chose to give himself up rather than risk Hank being killed.

This scene was problematic for me. I knew as soon as WW told the Nazis about the money, they were going to kill Hank and take the money anyway. I was surprised WW told them where it was. Even Hank knew they decided ten minutes ago to kill Hank.

However, the reason I think WW would be capable of killing Hank of he had to is because he poisoned a ten year old and he menacingly threatened Skylers life over the phone and kidnapped the baby He does what needs to be done, according to his own set of rules.

That was going to bug me. Thanks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

glasso wrote: »
    The bullets are only 7.6 mm Nato rounds - not that powerful

You've never been on the receiving end of some so!.

This scene was problematic for me. I knew as soon as WW told the Nazis about the money, they were going to kill Hank and take the money anyway. I was surprised WW told them where it was. Even Hank knew they decided ten minutes ago to kill Hank.

However, the reason I think WW would be capable of killing Hank of he had to is because he poisoned a ten year old and he menacingly threatened Skylers life over the phone and kidnapped the baby He does what needs to be done, according to his own set of rules.

Walt was simply grasping at straws, trying to save Hank's life any way he could. Walt also barely knew Jack and his crew. He only used them to kill the prisoners, but after that he would only have been dealing with Todd who helped him with cooking. It was Declan who was handling distribution and Declan who took over the cooking after Walt left. He didn't really know Jack so he thought there might be a chance to bargain the money for Hank's life. Walt has shown himself to be fairly naive at times, and he was acting purely on emotion rather than logic. Hell, he was saying Hank wouldn't say anything about what happened, completely ignoring the fact that Hank was shot in the leg, and Gomez was killed.

Poisoning Brock wouldn't really be as hard because he was trying not to kill Brock and he also didn't know Brock. Hank wasn't just a brother in law, he was a good friend. And while he did kidnap Holly in the spur of the moment, his threatening Skyler over the phone was an act to try and make any involvement she had with Walt's crimes look like it was done under duress.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

OMG,,, are people actually talking about realistic and whats not!

come on hes hardly shooting Rainbows out of his ass

90% of the **** in this show is not possible, Mythbusters even proved a few, so if ya heads way to high wearing your Detective Glasses, spotting little details on whats realistic,,, then my friend, this show is not for you.

not like they where evidently stretching the bounds the of realism

was really satisfied with the ending, couldn't of asked for better, i dont know what some people wanted, but i guess no matter how it ended, alot of people would still be disappointed over something, thats a good thing, shows how much this show has a emotional connection with its viewers, lets just call it a Truce and say, we are all unhappy how BB is Over.

Walt was simply grasping at straws, trying to save Hank's life any way he could. Walt also barely knew Jack and his crew. He only used them to kill the prisoners, but after that he would only have been dealing with Todd who helped him with cooking. It was Declan who was handling distribution and Declan who took over the cooking after Walt left. He didn't really know Jack so he thought there might be a chance to bargain the money for Hank's life. Walt has shown himself to be fairly naive at times, and he was acting purely on emotion rather than logic. Hell, he was saying Hank wouldn't say anything about what happened, completely ignoring the fact that Hank was shot in the leg, and Gomez was killed.

Poisoning Brock wouldn't really be as hard because he was trying not to kill Brock and he also didn't know Brock. Hank wasn't just a brother in law, he was a good friend. And while he did kidnap Holly in the spur of the moment, his threatening Skyler over the phone was an act to try and make any involvement she had with Walt's crimes look like it was done under duress.

There are a chunk of episodes from S5 that I haven't seen, and I'm guessing what you are referring to with Declan etc, are parted those episodes.

I can see what you are saying about the phone call to Skylar, but I'm not entirely convinced. He's been menacing to her before with no one watching.

How do you know he wasn't trying to kill Brock? He was trying to get Jesse back and used Brock for that purpose and whether he survived or didn't was entirely incidental to serving that purpose.

This is exactly the same morality tale as the Godfather. Keep your compassion for the family, but that's the very same morality that will destroy your family. I guess it was as happy an ending as could be for WW. In the end I only ended up rooting for WW so Jesse could get out of the Nazi camp.

There are a chunk of episodes from S5 that I haven't seen, and I'm guessing what you are referring to with Declan etc, are parted those episodes.

I can see what you are saying about the phone call to Skylar, but I'm not entirely convinced. He's been menacing to her before with no one watching.

How do you know he wasn't trying to kill Brock? He was trying to get Jesse back and used Brock for that purpose and whether he survived or didn't was entirely incidental to serving that purpose.

This is exactly the same morality tale as the Godfather. Keep your compassion for the family, but that's the very same morality that will destroy your family. I guess it was as happy an ending as could be for WW. In the end I only ended up rooting for WW so Jesse could get out of the Nazi camp.

Re: The phone call. He said to Saul in the next episode that that's what he was doing. He was pushing all the blame for it onto him and trying to protect her by acting that way. With Hank and Gomez dead and Skyler not leaving with him, it was all he could do to prevent her getting in trouble.

Walt wouldn't kill a child if he could find some other way. He knew it might kill Brock, but he was trying to make sure it didn't. As he said to Jesse, he knew how much to give Brock without killing him (which is probably true enough)

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I liked the shot of the Nazi on the vibrating massage chair (or whatever it was) that kept shifting his body around after the dust settled. It was creepy yet kind of funny, just like BB itself.

Thinking about it now its hilarious, what an inappropriate time to use a massage chair.
    That's how gangstar this guy is, they are about to kill Heisenberg and he's almost horizontal in a vibrating chair, classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

VCv9TxS.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

So it's over....
    Ended well, no lose ends, no messing and all the issues resolved.
    More than that it was satisfying. Walt regained his dignity, Jessie kept his humanity, The bad guys n galls got their just deserts.
    Ironically it was Walt who could have done better if he had applied himself as much as he did in the end.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    So it's over....
    Ended well, no lose ends, no messing and all the issues resolved.
    More than that it was satisfying. Walt regained his dignity, Jessie kept his humanity, The bad guys n galls got their just deserts.
    Ironically it was Walt who could have done better if he had applied himself as much as he did in the end.

WW got redemption. He manages secure money for his son, he got revenge on the Nazis, he avoided prison and avoided dying in a shack in NH. He got everything he wanted.

Jesse is irredeemably damaged. Marie is a widow. And Skylers kids will have no father.

I would have been happier if he ended up living the rest of his days in the NH shack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

VCv9TxS.gif

The actual gif is way better, have a look http://i.imgur.com/VCv9TxS.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i wonder what would have happened had they 13 episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Well, they really had 16 episodes for this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Or if Walt wasn't shot, would Jesse have killed him :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

OK - Final episode watched -
    Conclusion = bitterly dissapointed, pretty ****e.
    Was expecting far more, they should have left it off after Ozymandias or even Granite State.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It ended as expected in good old US of A style. The really bad guys get punished, the bad guy dies and the good people get to live happily ever after.
    In my ending...

Walt would have had great intentions but succumbed to cancer in the NH shack - Robert Forster picks up the cash.
    Jesse would be seen dying painfully alone in a hole in the ground (the Nazis blow town with the cash).
    Skyler gets a 15 year stretch in Orange Is The New Black.
    Flynn becomes a roadie for Skinny Pete's new group.
    Marie marries Prince and they make Purple children.

oh...and Lydia gets locked into her Secret Shrine to Todd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

doozer16 wrote: »
    OK - Final episode watched -
    Conclusion = bitterly dissapointed, pretty ****e.
    Was expecting far more, they should have left it off after Ozymandias or even Granite State.

Neither of those episodes tied anything up though, that wouldn't have made sense.

Your expectations were too high.

There was too much to do in only one episode. I feel slightly deflated after it. The resolution between Walt and Jesse was a huge let down for me. Why did you Jesse want him to want to die? What bearing did that have on anything? I wanted more interaction between them.

The planet's aligned a little too neatly for Walt (e.g. perfectly positioning the car) but I've come to expect that from BB by now. I didn't really care about the Nazis very much, they were introduced relatively recently. They weren't established as well as I would have liked. What do we really know about this Uncle Jack character? Same goes for Lydia to be honest. Todd is the only decent character out of the lot. The love story between him and Lydia was complete and utter filler, up there with Marie's kleptomania.

Otherwise it was fantastic. A good episode but not as good an ending to an entire series. I wanted more

Neither of those episodes tied anything up though, that wouldn't have made sense.

Did you have low expectations of the finale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

They're the same person
    no they're not. Heisenberg is an identity a character that Walt plays - a part that consumed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Why not just put that in spoilers? For anyone that hasn't seen The Sopranos it takes the fun away.
    In fairness, that's like putting spoiler tags around talk of the ship sinking in Titanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Torqay wrote: »
    The M60 can be accurately fired at short ranges from the shoulder thanks to its design. This was an initial requirement for the design

Perhaps by a trained soldier, but probably not by a cancer-ridden 52-year old chemist.

• Advertisement

Did you have low expectations of the finale?

They weren't low, but Vince said in multiple interviews that he thought 5x11 was the best episode of the series so I knew not to expect anything better then that.

Cienciano wrote: »
    In fairness, that's like putting spoiler tags around talk of the ship sinking in Titanic.

There's a ship in Titanic!... Now you have spoiled that for me as well:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

For me that ending was near on perfect, what a fantastic series - from the RV speeding through the outback with Walt at the wheel and Jesse passed out alongside to this. It really is a privilege to live through this golden age of television, we are spoilt.... even as it finishes i'm still on Team Walt - always was.... don't really know what that says about me though :pac:

Fook this "To Arthur" craic ... it should be "To Mr. Gilligan" from now on.

Expectations too high? Wasn't everyones expectations for it to be good?

I didn't expect it to be great, I'm a big fan and Ozymandias was one of the best hours of TV I've witnessed but the ending for me was poor, the shoot out was RIDICULOUS, the fact Lydia meets Todd at same time same seat - RIDICULOUS, to name but a few.
    The main plot of this show is great but the sub plots are very poor and never backed up sufficiently.
    For it to be uttered in the same breath as the Sopranos is criminal.

There was also a glaring mistake 2 episodes ago where Todd tells L that the Meth is 92% then ten minutes later he's telling someone else that it's 96% (Maybe there's a reason for that, I don't know)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

There was too much to do in only one episode. I feel slightly deflated after it. The resolution between Walt and Jesse was a huge let down for me. Why did you Jesse want him to want to die? What bearing did that have on anything? I wanted more interaction between them.

The planet's aligned a little too neatly for Walt (e.g. perfectly positioning the car) but I've come to expect that from BB by now. I didn't really care about the Nazis very much, they were introduced relatively recently. They weren't established as well as I would have liked. What do we really know about this Uncle Jack character? Same goes for Lydia to be honest. Todd is the only decent character out of the lot. The love story between him and Lydia was complete and utter filler, up there with Marie's kleptomania.

Otherwise it was fantastic. A good episode but not as good an ending to an entire series. I wanted more

Jesse didn't want him to want to die... He wanted him to be honest with him for once and not have him manipulate Jesse.

Walt tried to manipulate Jesse into doing it as if he was doing Jesse a favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Expectations too high? Wasn't everyones expectations for it to be good?

I didn't expect it to be great, I'm a big fan and Ozymandias was one of the best hours of TV I've witnessed but the ending for me was poor, the shoot out was RIDICULOUS, the fact Lydia meets Todd at same time same seat - RIDICULOUS, to name but a few.
    The main plot of this show is great but the sub plots are very poor and never backed up sufficiently.
    For it to be uttered in the same breath as the Sopranos is criminal.

There was also a glaring mistake 2 episodes ago where Todd tells L that the Meth is 92% then ten minutes later he's telling someone else that it's 96% (Maybe there's a reason for that, I don't know)

He's leaving comfortable room for improvement for the boss (92%) ...the slave gets the truth.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I definately feel left down, maybe I'm just disappointed that it's over but to sum up the last episode in one word - PREDICTABLE

Maybe I'm being harsh but I definately feel left down, maybe I'm just disappointed that it's over but to sum up the last episode in one word - PREDICTABLE

I'll definitely agree that it was predictable. There wasn't any big shocker moments, that doesn't mean it was bad though. I think it was an enjoyable episode that tied everything up nicely, and thats what I want in a finale.

Perfect ending. Would've liked to have seen Saul's outcome, and i'm worried Huell is still in that room.

I'm sure that will be covered in the spin off show.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm sure that will be covered in the spin off show.............
    The spin-off is a prequel to Breaking Bad

Advertisement