Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Went on a bit of a re-watch marathon at around 4 yesterday.

Tuco really was nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I did a rewatch leading up to 5B.. so don't think I'll do a rewatch in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

Basq wrote: »
    I did a rewatch leading up to 5B.. so don't think I'll do a rewatch in the near future.

I did the same. I'll get the blu-ray set, though, and do the whole thing again (this time with DTS-MA sound...yummy) 'round about the Yuletide season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Can't wait to get home from work and watch the next episode of brea................... oh forgot.............."sniff"
    I've thrown out the tv.......well, I might as well. But Big Bang Theory starts again tomorrow night, so that might reprieve it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Basq wrote: »
    Seriously missing this morning..

Would you go as far as Breaking BAd Sadness

Btw just saw Brian Cranston on Seinfeld on SkyAtlantic+1 'The Festivus ep', you know a Festivus for the rest of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

snausages wrote: »
    If we're going to nitpick about logical inconsistencies, anyone notice that Jesse seemed more buff this episode? Or am I imagining things? That Ben and Jerries must be high in protein.

Probably bulked up for 'Need for Speed'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

excollier wrote: »
    I've thrown out the tv.......well, I might as well. But Big Bang Theory starts again tomorrow night, so that might reprieve it

You get out of this thread and don't soil it with mention of that ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Reflecting on season 5, there just wasn't enough Jesse. Much as I loved the character, I kinda feel like if they had reached the end of the line with him, he should have been killed off or assumed a new identity earlier. He got barely any screen time in the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Jesse should have died in season 3 or 4. His character went absolutely nowhere the past 2 seasons.z

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭John Dodger

I did the same. I'll get the blu-ray set, though, and do the whole thing again (this time with DTS-MA sound...yummy) 'round about the Yuletide season.

Same here. Won't watch again for a while except maybe for the DVD extras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

snausages wrote: »
    Jesse should have died in season 3 or 4. His character went absolutely nowhere the past 2 seasons.z

Well he was orginally supposed to be killed off in the first season actually. So I don't know if it was ever planned on where Jesse's character was going to go. But personally I think his character kind've grew with each season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

brevity wrote: »
    Went on a bit of a re-watch marathon at around 4 yesterday.

Tuco really was nuts.

Tuco's time on Breaking Bad was criminally short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Tuco's time on Breaking Bad was criminally short

I always loved that scene where Walt basically calls Tuco a piece of **** and admits they tried to poison him. Intense moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

JesseJesse brok good after Brock was poisoned and went to Hank. The fact he survived at the end makes me lean toward thinking BB had a conservative ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

In hindsight, the ending was a little too neat perhaps. Still extremely satisfying. I don't buy the idea that Jesse should have been killed off earlier, though; his character had to be front and centre in the final scenes (as I kept saying). But, yes, he was definitely underused in Season 5B.

If I had to guess what happened to these characters: I think, once Jesse takes stock, he might learn about Skyler's and Walt Jr's attitude to the whole Walt story and decide, well, maybe I owe it to the sonuva bitch to set his son right on what exactly happened that day in To'hajiilee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

We shamefully only started watching Breaking Bad two weeks ago, have watched all 5 seasons over the past two weeks finishing last night.

Watching it all over so short a time was actually brilliant, it was like one very, very long movie and we were totally blown away by it. Blown away by the power of each season and how dark and devastating it became. It was addictive television and Cranston showed just what an incredible actor he is.

On the upside to only starting to watch a few weeks ago, we didn't get the chance to really think ahead to what may happen in the final few episodes (we watched the last 6 in a row yesterday) and purposefully avoided anything that may have spoiled it for us so we loved the final, the last few episodes ran together were just so powerful.

I honestly want to start watching it from the start again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Can anyone help me out. I hope I'm not nitpicking but something about the way Walt was shot doesn't sit right with me. When Walt tackled Jesse to the ground he then triggered the gun to go off right? What I can't understand is how he got shot. He was laying on top of Jesse and the gunshots clearly were at shoulder height ( Or therabouts ). When we see the shot of the outside of the house there doesn't seem to be any gun shots aimed lower down. If this is right then how was Walk shot?

I hope this makes sense folks. Absolutely loved the show and I'm not being critical here I hope. There is either something I'm not seeing, or not getting, or can this be an oversight? The way the show was out together was amazing and I don't think it's the latter.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out. I hope I'm not nitpicking but something about the way Walt was shot doesn't sit right with me. When Walt tackled Jesse to the ground he then triggered the gun to go off right? What I can't understand is how he got shot. He was laying on top of Jesse and the gunshots clearly were at shoulder height ( Or therabouts ). When we see the shot of the outside of the house there doesn't seem to be any gun shots aimed lower down. If this is right then how was Walk shot?

I hope this makes sense folks. Absolutely loved the show and I'm not being critical here I hope. There is either something I'm not seeing, or not getting, or can this be an oversight? The way the show was out together was amazing and I don't think it's the latter.

A bullet bounces off something just before he's hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Ricochet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Big interview with Vince Gillingham here

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

Can anyone help me out. I hope I'm not nitpicking but something about the way Walt was shot doesn't sit right with me. When Walt tackled Jesse to the ground he then triggered the gun to go off right? What I can't understand is how he got shot. He was laying on top of Jesse and the gunshots clearly were at shoulder height ( Or therabouts ).

I had a slightly different query about the M60 robot. I could not see how when the boot popped open the gun could start shooting without damaging the side of the car. Just watched it again, and the spread of bullets are clearly shown to have gone THROUGH the body of the car before they continued into the building.

Some shells WW put into that thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some shells WW put into that thing!
    I saw some youtube clip with a guy saying they were M62 tracer rounds in the boot, which show a trail but also can set fire to things. The guy was predicting he was going to shoot some place up and try and light it too. Can't remember if they showed any trail in the program while firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

rubadub wrote: »
    I saw some youtube clip with a guy saying they were M62 tracer rounds in the boot, which show a trail but also can set fire to things. The guy was predicting he was going to shoot some place up and try and light it too. Can't remember if they showed any trail in the program while firing.

No fire as far as I could see. But I would guess the science in Felina is probably authentic. Having been through the Mythbusters mill, Gilligan would not have wanted to leave any hostages to fortune.

(I'd love to know how Walt managed to insert Ricin into a sealed Stevia pack though.) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Just to note, not that i really care, but the auto firing rig that walt made for the gun wasn't the one actually used in the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

rubadub wrote: »
    Can't remember if they showed any trail in the program while firing.

A trail did show in the scene. They're really used as an aiming aid rather than an incendiary round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium on now
    just starting ITV2
    Brings back memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Davan

Gripping Finale trailer. How on earth they are going to fit in everything in less than 60 minutes is beyond me though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Davan wrote: »
    Gripping Finale trailer. How on earth they are going to fit in everything in less than 60 minutes is beyond me though....

Spoiler Alert

Advertisement