Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 5, Episode 16: Felina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Timmyctc wrote: »
    That finale needed to be a slight bit longer. Most of the loose ends were tied up well. The confrontation with Gretchen & Elliot and Skylar were great but a bit short imo. The opening was great. Disappointed Jesse only got about 5 minutes of screen time if even. The M60 scene and Jacks death were great. Love how Walt interrupted him with the shot like he did Hank. Was too short to be excellent. Particularly feel Walt's death and confirming Lydia's inevitable death were too rushed and almost shoehorned in.

I loved the Lydia bit myself - his tone on the phone especially, given that it was almost dismissive of her. Delicious!

Thought the final scene was also great - all loose ends were tied up, he got his revenge on the neo-nazis, he secured his families future through his deal with the Grey Matter folks (who he also got to get his own back on), and he was never caught by the police.

Put simply, he won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Thanks, btw whats LWS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

someone mail me a where to watch it please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

No one can call that a bad finale after watching Dexter last week :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Thanks, btw whats LWS?

Low Winter Sun ;)

So there was no scene with Walter Jr and Jesse? I thought RJ Mitte said they would have a scene or have I forgot it?

they just mentioned the scene where walt takes the watch off at the gas station. when they shot the scene in the restaurant where he puts the bacon on the plate in the numbers 52, he's not wearing the watch. they kinda forgot it so they made a bit of a deal later when filming him on the way to ABQ

I also found out that Holly was named after Vince's girlfriend & the characters & placenames were named after his family & friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

hate to be a moaner but will someone pm a desperate man somewhere ha can watch it online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

One thing that made me sad - Marie doesn't wear purple anymore.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    One thing that made me sad - Marie doesn't wear purple anymore.

I dont think she gives a fuchsia anymore :P

• Advertisement

Goodbye Heisenberg

0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

That last close up of Walt looked like Jim Royle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Well, just ate a bowl of ice cream. Off to bed to mourn.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Well, just ate a bowl of ice cream. Off to bed to mourn.

Wait a min for the headfreeze :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The writers could of easily dragged this out and ruined it, so I'm well happy with how it panned out.
    Walts true feelings for Jesse played out in the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Torqay wrote: »
    But at peace with himself, all is good now. Heisenberg was just a bad dream.

That's when Lois wakes Hal up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The music at the end was great too...

I wonder is Huell still waiting for Hank and Gomi to return? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

iMuse wrote: »
    Goodbye Heisenberg

0.gif

How do we 100% know he's dead there?

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The writers could of easily dragged this out and ruined it, so I'm well happy with how it panned out.
    Walts true feelings for Jesse played out in the right way.

Yeah it could have went this way
    they fall/jump on each other, Jesse- 'is that keys in your pocket or are you just surprised to see me' :D

hate to be a moaner but will someone pm a desperate man somewhere ha can watch it online

It'll be up on netflix in the morning

iMuse wrote: »
    I wonder is Huell still waiting for Hank and Gomi to return? :pac:

He's in a Cinnabon in Nebraska at an All You Can Eat buffet.

Only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is having to clear my Internet history. My OH be thinking all sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anna Gunn getting emotional on Talking Bad.

J. Marston wrote: »

As was Jonathan Banks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'd love if Gilligan just did an hour going through all the clues and foreshadowing throughout the season. I would jump on that.

Well for what she went thru on BB, she deserved that Emmy & maybe more to come, but she'll be forever greatful as it'll be a springboard for future work, as that's impressive now to have on your CV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

He's in a Cinnabon in Nebraska at an All You Can Eat buffet.

I'm guessing Saul is currently on a long and lonesome highway, East of Omaha in that case :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

last shot of walt has been done a few times throughout the show, really reminded me of jessie on the gear.

Time to get some sleep...

Dcwm8NJ.jpg

• Advertisement

End shot of Walt was very similar to Crawl Space.

First talking bad I've watched, surprised she didn't annoy me. She's definitely worthy her Emmy.

On that note, it's time for bed for me.

Gang, it's been an absolute pleasure. Have an A1 day.

Feeling a bit emotional myself after that...

Can't believe it's all over - Vince Gilligan and the cast managed to take a low budget, low viewership show about a 50 year old cancer patient and turn it into what has been from beginning to end undisputably one of (and debatably the) finest TV shows of all time. And unlike the Sopranos he didn't even manage to fcuk up the ending - I'm well satisfied with it.

It'll be a long time before we see the likes of this again...

Time to get some sleep...

Dcwm8NJ.jpg

Same here, need some sleep & thanks for sharing that pleasure on a worthwhile show tonite. Night all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

dont now what to say but thanks what a show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

WOW.
    Wish I could erase the whole series from my memory and watch it all agin.
    Best show ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I got teary when it showed the blood on Walt, and also in the closing. Maybe I'm just a soppy bastid but damn,
    I don't want it to be over!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Wow, a show finale that's actually satisfying (and worth staying up for). I expected no less but it's still a bit of surprise these days when most show finales are a bit meh!

I really didn't expect Jesse to survive (especially since he wasn't supposed to survive series 1 but got reprieved due to the writer's strike).

The surprising bits - Walt finally admitting to Skyler that it was for himself he did it and dropping the "I did it for my family" excuse and also Walt not giving a fcuk about the remaining 70 million or whatever when Uncle Jack was trying to bargain for his life.

Dammit this show just consistently delivered over 5/6 series. I don't know where exactly I first heard about the show but I know it was here on boards. Whoever made the post or thread - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Serious case of goosebumps watching that, should have been in bed hours ago. It was simply perfect. Good night sweet prince. Cudos Vince Gilligan for creating what has been for me personally the best TV show I've ever watched

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

I never strayed from team Walt once. We all make mistakes. We don't all make up for them though. Good on ya Walt! ;)

I can now officially put it #1 on my TV show list. It would have taken a **** up of colossal proportions for me not to, to be honest. Great ending to a great show. Left no stone unturned and it finished the way I wanted it to. Can't ask for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

I loved the show, and I liked that mostly everything was wrapped up. But it was far too predictable.

Maybe I got a bit too hyped up for it, but I just feel a bit "meh" towards the ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I'm a bit meh bout the ending myself, but, there really wasnt anything else they could do.

What I did notice is they stayed true to the episodes gone before, keeping the mix of action and emotion on par while thickening the story (or in this case rapping it up)

I cant say i was blown away but it was a sensible ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?"

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

my-emotions.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Breaking Bad isn't the show to go all guns blazing for a full episode. This season was hugely different to all the other ones in that regards as it was far more action oriented. I personally loved it from the start but a lot of people don't really get into it for a while. The ending was brilliant, didn't leave any hugely outstanding questions and Saul is the only halfway major character who's faith we don't know yet I still want more. Not sure how many other finales have ever done that to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

For the people who say it was too predictable, I'm pretty sure that any possible outcome was predicted on the internet over the last month. Somebody was bound to get it right. Predictable doesn't mean bad. I feel it was the best way to end the show.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

rU8QHML.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

I love BB as much as anyone but c'mon....a remote controlled m60 on a pivot....gimme a ****ing break.

• Advertisement

Loved the ending, very sad it's over but what an amazing final season, stunning television

Advertisement