Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child Maintenance

• 24-09-2013 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I am a married woman and I have a 3 children. My oldest son (now 12) has never met his father, not my choice but within the last 3 years has asked about him , so I told him who he was , I have tried messaging the fathers fiancé and I went out to their house to see would they agree with visiting my son. I never put the fathers name on the birth cert. I don't think im getting anywhere as the father made it plain and simple from day one he doesn't want anything to do with my son, and after visiting his fiancé she made it quite clear she didn't want anything to do with us. I am quite frustrated as my son is heartbroken his dad doesn't want anything to do with him, so I was thinking of taking a legal route to see would it crack him (the father) to visit his child.because im not getting anywhere as it is. Any advice as to what I should do ? As his name is not on the birth cert and 12 years have gone by will that effect the matter?!... What grounds do I have legally on this matter?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

why would you force someone to do something they dont want to do? While it might be bad for your son now imagine what it would be like spending time with some one who has been forced to do it. Doesnt sound healthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Op, to clarify, is your question regarding your legal options to have father spend time with his son?

Or is it your legal options to financial child maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stressedchick

Hi manonboard , both being honest to have the father spend time with his son and the child maintenance ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hi manonboard , both being honest to have the father spend time with his son and the child maintenance ...

You might get child maintaince if he's the biological father, he may request you pay for a DNA test for proof but he can't beforced to see or take your son ,

Might be worth leaving that till your child is old enough to ask himself why his father didnt/doesn't want a relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

To be honest the poor child sounds like he's better off not spending time with him. Realistically speaking, I can't see the time spent with his dad being very enjoyable considering its not something he has any interest in, and the kid will pick up on that and it's not his fault.

But, I think you should sow it in him maintenance wise, he was there when your child was conceived its not realistic for him to pretend like he has no responsibility towards the child.

• Advertisement
Advertisement