Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living social voucher not delivered- refund refused

Options
  • 24-09-2013 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi! So I bought a living social voucher for a photoshoot plus canvas. After buying matching clothes for the family? Dolling ourselves up etc we went on 20 June for photo shoot, 3 weeks later I went to choose my print for canvas. I am STILL calling twice weekly for my canvas, I keep getting the brush off and the latest is that he forgot to order it and wants me to choose again but won't email me the proofs. Not returning calls, v difficult to get. Short of rocking up and setting up camp in his studio there's notice else I can do. I contacted living social for refund but they said not their problem.... What are my rights and what should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

If you paid by a card contact your bank to perform chargeback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Personally, I'd call in to him and not leave until I was satisfied. If I wasn't satisfied (i.e. if he tried to fob me off with more excuses), I'd demand a refund on the spot. And I would get that refund. Don't suffer fools or chancers, OP.

I've never left anywhere unsatisfied - even places that started off trying to tell me "oh, we don't do refunds". That said, I'm a big guy and I know my rights - so I'm sure it's easier for me to be firm than a lot of other people. Don't get me wrong - I'm never unreasonable or aggressive when dealing with consumer issues, but I'll just never be fobbed off by bullsh*t.
    fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    If you paid by a card contact your bank to perform chargeback.
    Banks don't just do a chargeback if you have a consumer issue - it's for unauthorised transactions. The OP authorised the transaction for the Living Social voucher and received the voucher; contract complete - so why would the bank ever do a chargeback for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cmuwan

Eugh- I'm not guna enjoy it but yes I think I'm guna have to arrive on Thursday and just refuse to leave. I feel awkward in these kinda situations but I'm so mad- it's the second bad experience with "professional photographers" my wedding video is STILL being "edited" 2 years later! From now in its pixi-photo all the way, yes u look like a fool in their little booth but at least they actually deliver the prints! It seems these photographers are lacking in business acumin and organizational skills! Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Once you are asked to leave private property the owner can eject you, or more likely the guards will be called. You can remain on the street/public area but see my comment below.

Where the contract is unfulfilled the bank are obliged to step in and help resolve the situation. In the case of credit cards this is a legal requirement. In the case of Visa debit cards this is part of the Visa protections.

I've 15 years retail experience. I've had a guy set up with a placard outside a shopping centre once. Was one of my best days trading as people walked past and couldn't resist a nose. I seriously considered getting a member of staff to do it on slow days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Banks don't just do a chargeback if you have a consumer issue - it's for unauthorised transactions. The OP authorised the transaction for the Living Social voucher and received the voucher; contract complete - so why would the bank ever do a chargeback for this?

of course they do, the transaction was authorised yes, but the customer didn't received the goods, and on that basis the bank will perform chargeback.

in a similar case (also involving livingsocial) my bank sent me a form to fill in and sign and the money was in my account 3 days later

• Advertisement
Advertisement