Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool Match Thread 25/9/2013. League Cup. *MOD NOTE POST 325

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Great to see the reserves take care of an almost full strength Liverpool team.

Pity the 1st team could not;)

Didnt want to say it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

"You gave it a good go but out you go"
    Ha ha, good man Geoff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Ouch. I'm sure the united players are very envious of what Liverpool have achieved the last 7 years; nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah it's a pity we knocked you lot out of the cup and you knocked us out of the league... oh wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Didnt want to say it..

Plenty of players who played tonight and haven't been playing recently should be first choice. Don't really know what yerman is on about.

So far from a "reserve team". What I'm basically saying is that people calling that our reserve team is bullsh*t.

Ouch. I'm sure the united players are very envious of what Liverpool have achieved the last 7 years; nothing.

Terrible comeback tbf :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Could be the end for Liverpool's European aspirations.

Could be the end of your soccer forum access if you keep this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yeah it's a pity we knocked you lot out of the cup and you knocked us out of the league... oh wait....

Liverpool can't take credit for that, David Moyes can though.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Plenty of players who played tonight and haven't been playing recently should be first choice. Don't really know what yerman is on about.

So far from a "reserve team". What I'm basically saying is that people calling that our reserve team is bullsh*t.

Probably the only decent post in the last page or two, kudos.

It's been said for one reason only.

Fair play for pointing it out and I agree with your first point completely. Nani and Kagawa should be in the 1st team and probably will. Nani will anyway I'd say. Brazilian chap at RB should be 1st team too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool can't take credit for that, David Moyes can though.

5 points off the top with 3 of our toughest games of the season out of the way and a great run from now until Christmas.

You seem clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

man utd starting line-up cost £140m

rossie1977 wrote: »

Yep, shows you should invest well in your squad players...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

same little digs year in year out..

• Advertisement

Utd just drew norwich at home in the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

who did West Brom draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

UNITED WE STAND

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Looks like the dog has been put in he's kennel!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Cephei

Uniteds strongest starting 11 at the moment? I'd think the Leverkusen lineup.

• Advertisement

syngindub wrote: »
    who did West Brom draw?

Fulham, I think. Lemne check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Good game, Liverpool vastly improved from the weekend, Hernandez chronically underused class player.

Fulham, I think. Lemne check.

Full draw....

Sun v soton
    Leicester v fulham
    Birmingham v stoke
    Utd v norwich
    Burnley v west ham
    Wba or arsenal v chelsea
    Spurs v hull
    Nufc v citeh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Probably the only decent post in the last page or two, kudos.

To be fair, go back to the thread from the game at Anfield, and see some of the crap spouted after, from a few getting upset about it here too. The last few pages have been very tame. A few 'reserves' jokes. Big woop

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    To be fair, go back to the thread from the game at Anfield, and see some of the crap spouted after, from a few getting upset about it here too. The last few pages have been very tame. A few 'reserves' jokes. Big woop
    Some things never change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

What does that have to do with anything? Surely you're squad players would cost a fair bit too, seeing as you've outspent us, net or gross or whichever way ye want to swing it.

Hulk Hands wrote: »

There is hypocrites across the board, big woop indeed. As I said, the only decent post in the last few pages.

There is hypocrites across the board, big woop indeed. As I said, the only decent post in the last few pages.
    What did you want to achieve with your comment? Why pass remark on the quality of everybody else's posting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Prove it

What did you want to achieve with your comment? Why pass remark on the quality of everybody else's posting?

Unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Possession only counts for so much. Moses's header was the only clear cut chance Liverpool created. I think a draw and extra time wouldn't have been unfair but United scored an excellent set piece goal and had the superior bench, Liverpool probably had the better shape in the first half but had no options to change after going behind.

Somebody posted that this was a win versus Liverpool's strongest 11 bar Johnson and Coutinho. While true, I think there's a huge difference in Liverpool minus those two players and Liverpool minus any other two. I think a full strength United is clearly better than a full strength Liverpool but that said I think Moyes was gambling with the selection he made and the scoreline reflected how close a win it was.

Right result but Liverpool put in a good performance I thought and personally i'd take that defeat over a league defeat.

If that 11 plays like that against Sunderland this weekend I could see a Liverpool win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The possession was split pretty equally to be fair, both teams fairly poor in front of goal, particularly considering the amount of shots in the game

Unbelievable.
    Great answer. Suck it up, take it on the chin. You know the drill ;)

The 2 lads along like clockwork to thank your post. Man this place is so predictable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

kryogen wrote: »
    Prove it

Yeah did it quickly in my head and at the very least there is a lot of rounding up going on there. Also the bulk of that is for players still 25 or under so whatevs.

The possession was split pretty equally to be fair, both teams fairly poor in front of goal, particularly considering the amount of shots in the game

Sky actually had the possession at 51% - 49% to the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Prove it

Would love to see that. I thought it was around 100 Million..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Would love to see that. I thought it was around 100 Million..

Quick sum in my head has it around 120million.

30million for Rooney, DDG, Nani, Jones, Kagawa were all 15-20million buys I think, Smalling at 12million - some hefty prices paid for players in that team last night. Raf, Evans, Giggs and Chico the only cheap/free ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Didn't see the match but reading United sat back for most of it in typical Moyes fashion.

People can argue you all they want but they both played strong teams,
    I'd consider the team Moyes put out last night stronger then the one he did against City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Didn't see the match but reading United sat back for most of it in typical Moyes fashion..

Where did you read that? RAWK? Because that's probably the only place you would find such a deluded and inaccurate assessment of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Rooney has truly been like a new signing, and I hate that phrase. Ive never seen him start a season so well and looking so fit after a summer break. Moyes seems to have lit a fire under his arse and has him energized, hopefully he can keep it going all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Dancor wrote: »
    Rooney has truly been like a new signing, and I hate that phrase. Ive never seen him start a season so well and looking so fit after a summer break. Moyes seems to have lit a fire under his arse and has him energized, hopefully he can keep it going all season.

You can see how much work he put in this summer he is in his best shape for a long time. He usually comes back unfit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't know what all the moaning is about.

it was pretty much the Anfield game in reverse.

Liverpool maybe had a few more decent openings in this game than Utd had at Anfield, but weren't clinical at all.

two average enough teams, and this time Liverpool were the ones to defend badly from a corner.

end of really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't know what all the moaning is.

it was pretty much the Anfield game in reverse.

Liverpool maybe had a few more decent openings in this game than Utd had at Anfield, but weren't clinical at all.

two average enough teams, and this time Liverpool were the ones to defend badly from a corner.

end of really.

Pretty much sums it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quick question,when Giggs left the ball after getting a call from Suarez should that not have been a free for unsporting behaviour?

I saw it happen in a game I played in and the guy that made the call actually got booked.

I can't recall it happening before in a professional match.

Speaking of Suarez,it's reported this morning that he's gone for emergency surgery to have Martin Tyler's tongue removed from his arse.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

zerks wrote: »
    Quick question,when Giggs left the ball after getting a call from Suarez should that not have been a free for unsporting behaviour?

I saw it happen in a game I played in and the guy that made the call actually got booked.

its nearly always a booking in amateur games

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

zerks wrote: »

Speaking of Suarez,it's reported this morning that he's gone for emergency surgery to have Martin Tyler's tongue removed from his arse.:pac:

this time he should get a 15 match ban for unsporting behaviour.

Where did you read that? RAWK? Because that's probably the only place you would find such a deluded and inaccurate assessment of the match.

It's deluded to think that's the only deluded place you'd find a deluded match report. Deluded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

I think you'll find that Redcafe is as deluded or more.

jamaamaj wrote: »
    I think you'll find that Redcafe is as deluded or more.

Every club has crazy forums.

It won't stop people who think they know better going into hyperbole mode though

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

.....and that folks is why match threads should have a predetermined life span.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement