Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protein Bargain. Cheap Chicken Breasts in Lidl

• 24-09-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

For those of you that eat chicken breasts to build up your daily protein intake Lidl are selling 3 chicken breasts for €3.39 for 454g. Works out at €7.46 a Kilo. Best price I have seen in a long long time.

You can only buy 5 at a time. Got myself 5 this morning, 5 yesterday evening and 5 yesterday morning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Why not just go to your local butcher? There'sa butcher near enough to me that sells 30 for 34euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Butcher beside me does 10 for a tenner.

The butcher beside Aldi in Finglas does a protein deal.
    2 lbs turkey mince, some turkey breasts a couple of steaks and 20 eggs for 30 euro( not sure of actual amounts but you get the idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Dublin meat co. Does 25 for 20..breasts are 100-120g

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

i get 30 breast 140-160g each breast for 28 euro in o'mahoney meats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im missing out by living in Cavan so by the sounds of it :D Not as much as a bargain as I thought so. I always thought that 1KG of chicken breasts for anything under a tenner would be a good deal.

• Advertisement

micko4 wrote: »
    Dublin meat co. Does 25 for 20..breasts are 100-120g

Do they do them online? I can only see the 10 for a tenner offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

gazzer wrote: »
    Do they do them online? I can only see the 10 for a tenner offer.

Not sure I don't order them online usually go in to the shop in coolmine..I dont see why they wouldn't have them online though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I get ready frozen ones in aldi. I hate buying in bulk and having to eat them all, or freeze them. I reckon the aldi ones are frozen the moment they are butchered, there is never that chicken smell off them like ones on the turn, often when I get fresh ones they have the beginnings of that smell right away.

I just take them out, put them in sandwich bags and let them defrost in the fridge overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

60 chicken breast for 50 euro in Tralee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

either tiny chicken breasts or breasts that become tiny after all the water is cooked out of them.

buy cheap buy twice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

Doubt they are free range as well

chickens.jpg

Probably more likely::

30913_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

either tiny chicken breasts or breasts that become tiny after all the water is cooked out of them.

buy cheap buy twice

Chicken is cheap, plenty of butchers do good quality breasts for feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

gazzer wrote: »
    Im missing out by living in Cavan so by the sounds of it :D Not as much as a bargain as I thought so. I always thought that 1KG of chicken breasts for anything under a tenner would be a good deal.

Donohoes Foodfare In Cavan do 25 fillets for 28 I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Blue Whale wrote: »
    Doubt they are free range as well

chickens.jpg

If you think that free range chicken is anything close to that above then you are mistaken. See here for example

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingsectors/poultry/guidelinesforfreerangepoultryproducersandslaughterhouses72010.pdf

flynny50 wrote: »
    Donohoes Foodfare In Cavan do 25 fillets for 28 I think!

Thanks for that info. Will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Butcher beside me does 10 for a tenner.

The butcher beside Aldi in Finglas does a protein deal.
    2 lbs turkey mince, some turkey breasts a couple of steaks and 20 eggs for 30 euro( not sure of actual amounts but you get the idea)

So I was walking up to Charlestown SC today and I passed by this chipper. Didn't drop in though as I was pushing my daughters buggy.

1375059_10151880431904138_933105372_n.jpg

Advertisement