Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Votes for the Irish abroad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Sure, and you couldn't have the emigrants voting, they've seen how countries should be run and would vote the whole lot of the incompetent, money grubbing, back slapping, misogynistic, cute hoor, idiot politicians out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If the Americans, Aussies etc can vote in their home elections from abroad, why can't we have a postal vote? We are still Irish citizens and still want to have a say in what happens back home. Brian Hayes was and is a bit of a muppet anyway, him and FG were always terrible in Dublin SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CiaranSr1987

I think it's mad that Ireland doesn't let those who leave vote in any elections while 24 of the other 28 EU states do. To me this is like the abortion thing all over again. Ireland stuck in its old fashioned ways...

All my mates at home pedal that 'No tax. No vote.' line . I think that's rubbish though, esp because three are on the dole and don't pay tax anyway!!

Advertisement