Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates - Problem with Following Gate

Options
  • 24-09-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I have a set of electric gates which open inwards. They are automated with a DEA automation kit and are the underground type. They have worked no problem for 6 years but lately they have developed a problem where the leading gate opens no problem but the following gate will not open. However, it will open if I do the following sequence - Click the remote once, Leading gate opens, while it is opening, click twice to stop it, click 3 times to close it, while it is closing, click again (4th time). Then when I hit the button for a fifth time, the leading gate opens and then the following gate opens also. Also if I have just opened the gates recently (within the last 20-30 mins), the gates will open fine. So it's as if the gate needs to be "freed" or "charged" up before it will open. I have recently got them serviced and he is scratching his head to figure out the problem. The joints are well lubed with grease and chain oil.

Any and all suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Advertisement