Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer monopoly?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

sorry to butt in but what happened to the poor souls living in number 25 . call and ask if the incompetents in eircom have disconnected them. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

derek214 wrote: »
    Hi Tracey,

I do appreciate the response and apologise if this comes across as abrupt and rude but How is there no update on this? According to an voicemail left for me on the 25th this was completed and the line was cleared!!  

I want a phone call and answers from Eircom TODAY!

You have seen the chat with your rep, I have requested that the conversation recording with one of your reps be pulled because of what I was told over the phone and now I've been round in circles on this forum with zero results or any real answers! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! 

I go back to COMREG at 9am tomorrow (2/10/2013)

Also with regards to calling your complaints department, because I do not have an account with Eircom your customer service "cannot deal with me" Is there a number for the CCM team or how do you suggest I "call them directly"?

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have been out of the office however I have been checking the address 35 off site and the line is still not clear as yet.

The voicemail was in relation to address 25. associated with the incorrect telephone number the agent gave you.

Again I fully appreciate the delay part of which was caused because you were not advised of the previous tenant process sooner where the previous provider can not be located on the line.

Can you private message me with a mobile contact number and best time to give you a call.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

PM sent Mark

PM sent Mark
    Hi derek214

Just following up from the call. Checked the address again today. Still no change, however I will keep on it.

Mark 

PM sent Mark
    Hi derek214

Just following up from the call. Checked the address again today. Still no change, however I will keep on it.

Mark 
    Thanks Mark.

• Advertisement

PM sent Mark
    Hi derek214

Mark 
    Thanks Mark.
    Hi Derek,

Checked again today, still not cleared I'm afraid. As this has to be done through wholesale it is not an order we can issue or expedite directly.  However I will of course keep checking and keep you posted.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Since our last call I have had a response from the CCM team. They mentioned calling a number 19800 to verify the current provider. Can you call me ASAP please the result contradicts what we discussed over the phone last week.

Thanks,
    Derek

Hi Mark,

Since our last call I have had a response from the CCM team. They mentioned calling a number 19800 to verify the current provider. Can you call me ASAP please the result contradicts what we discussed over the phone last week.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek,

Can you confirm the best time to give you a call please.

Mark

Any time at all Mark.

Thanks,
    Derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any time at all Mark.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

I'll discuss this with Mark and the call will be at some point today.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Any time at all Mark.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

Thanks

Al
    Hi derek214

Thanks for taking the call and getting those details I have sent off the case and I will let you know as soon as I have any news.

Mark

Any time at all Mark.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

Thanks

Al
    Hi derek214

Thanks for taking the call and getting those details I have sent off the case and I will let you know as soon as I have any news.

Mark
    Thanks Mark,

I have since called the number that I gave you yesterday from my mobile - as expected, it rings in my home - but then after a while the phone stops ringing however I am still getting a ringing tone from my mobile then after a while my phone starts ringing again. Would this number be setup in some sort of hunt group??

Thanks,
    Derek

Any time at all Mark.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

Thanks

Al
    Hi derek214

Mark
    Thanks Mark,

I have since called the number that I gave you yesterday from my mobile - as expected, it rings in my home - but then after a while the phone stops ringing however I am still getting a ringing tone from my mobile then after a while my phone starts ringing again. Would this number be setup in some sort of hunt group??

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek

It is possible as there was a business account associated to the number called back on the line. Still no reply from the system team as yet. I sent a follow up again today.

Mark

Any time at all Mark.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

Thanks

Al
    Hi derek214

Mark
    Thanks Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek,

Are you free to take a call this afternoon?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delayed response - Free to take a call any time today.

Thanks,
    Derek

Hi Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek
    No worries Derek

I will call you about 12 if that is ok?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek
    No worries Derek

Mark
    Super!

Hi Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek
    No worries Derek

Mark
    Super!
    Thanks for taking my call Derek. Hope it all goes ok for you. Sorry again for the issues & delays that you had.

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I've ordered and activated lines by just contacting another provider.

Just curious : why was the line not available?

Normally the person moving out would cease the line or transfer their services to a new address and the line is left with just a dial tone and no account.

Then you can activate it with whoever you like. Eircom Retail, Vodafone etc. That's been my experience of it anyway.

It used to be the case that you activated the line with eircom then moved. That's changed a long while ago as eircom wholesale does that and eircom retail and everyone else are supposed to be equal players on a level playing field

ComReg really need to clarify this. Some providers won't activate new lines and I'm not sure if this is because of confusion or some kind of policy.

It's all as clear as mud.

Hi Spacetime,

So the comreg rules are that I as a new tenant/home owner can choose any provider I wish irrespective of any contract held by the previous owner/occupier. I think comreg called it the "new tenancy process".

My original post was regarding this because I had been told on multiple occasions by eircom reps (online chat and over the phone) that I MUST join eircom, because they will not release the lines to another provider until I have been a customer of theirs for at least 12 months - This raised some alarm bells with me hence this thread. 

In my case unfortunately it wasn't all that simple, Eircom made the mistake of disconnecting the wrong house and then came back to me telling me that my line wasn't even with eircom. After a few mails & phone calls with Mark on here (Who to be fair, more then helpful and always professional to deal with) we discovered that my line was infact with Eircom but was registered to a different house in my estate (all very messed up and confusing). 

Helpful phone numbers:
    19800 - Will tell you who your provider is
    199000 - Will tell you your phone number

Mark I believe has resolved all my addressing confusion but Vodafone had since come back to me and said they will install a new line for me free of charge so I am hopeful that I may have phone & BB soon!

One more note: I have heard that although any provider can activate your line, some do not want the hassle or expense of sending out an engineer and will therefore send you to Eircom who in turn will activate it but only on a 12 month contract :) 

Its actually very clear but unfortunately some sales reps will employ underhand tactics and blatantly lie to you - Its this part that I have major issues with! ComReg really need to step up their game!

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

Just to follow-up on my last post I wanted to thank you for the follow-up and the first-rate level of customer service you provided even though this didn't result in me becoming an Eircom customer. Much appreciated!

Derek

Hi Mark,

Just to follow-up on my last post I wanted to thank you for the follow-up and the first-rate level of customer service you provided even though this didn't result in me becoming an Eircom customer. Much appreciated!

Derek
    No worries at all Derek,

I really appreciate the post.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Its actually very clear but unfortunately some sales reps will employ underhand tactics and blatantly lie to you - Its this part that I have major issues with! ComReg really need to step up their game!
    Have Eircom come back to you as regards your complaint about their sales reps? It would be interesting to hear the outcome and how it is dealt with.

Hi Ekevosu,

They have, twice - both with very unsatisfactory replies (along the lines of - You're not a customer of Eircom so we can't do anything for you).....more lies and cover-ups it would seem but I have emailed them again so haven't given up completely yet.

Worth noting that I'm not calling for their jobs here, just want Eircom to acknowledge a fault and even lie to me by telling me they are working towards improving via training etc.... But I don't need them telling me they cannot pull any records because I don't have an account number - Especially when I provided a chat log with their rep and gave the names, times and dates of all my conversations over the phone!

I'll stop typing now before I put my fist through the keyboard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hi Ekevosu,

They have, twice - both with very unsatisfactory replies (along the lines of - You're not a customer of Eircom so we can't do anything for you).....more lies and cover-ups it would seem but I have emailed them again so haven't given up completely yet.

Worth noting that I'm not calling for their jobs here, just want Eircom to acknowledge a fault and even lie to me by telling me they are working towards improving via training etc.... But I don't need them telling me they cannot pull any records because I don't have an account number - Especially when I provided a chat log with their rep and gave the names, times and dates of all my conversations over the phone!

I'll stop typing now before I put my fist through the keyboard! :D
    If they are refusing to give you the info [recorded call etc] then they are in direct violation of Data Protection laws, which the DPC will take very seriously. That doesn't trump their "policy"

Hi Mark,

Can you call me ASAP today before COB please?

My VF order was cancelled because I still have an active line in my house. Even up to today no 35 is still coming back as active!

I need this released TODAY!

VF cannot even put a new phone line in because of this

Hi Mark,

Can you call me ASAP today before COB please?

My VF order was cancelled because I still have an active line in my house. Even up to today no 35 is still coming back as active!

I need this released TODAY!

VF cannot even put a new phone line in because of this
    Hi derek214

Thanks for taking my call. I will send you an e-mail as advised later today.

Mark

**SIGH**

Hi Mark.....me again.

So I am currently still without phone & broadband and from the looks of it am not even remotely closer to getting connected.

I have a case open with Comreg and they are following up with both Eircom and VF. But in the meantime I thought I'd try speed things along myself.

I am told that Eircom as the National telecom provider hold a database of all lines and their current providers. As the line in my address keeps coming back as "Active" it must surely exist in this magical Eircom DB right? I am also told that the provider information is NOT....I repeat NOT protected by the DPA and that Eircom should be able to give me this information. I know you had mentioned before that you yourself cannot see this information. But who in Eircom can and how can I contact them?

Thanks,
    Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just to throw it in here, that I closed the purchase of my house only last week in which there is a line still under the previous owners name. I called Eircom only this morning and was told that I had to sign up to a new 12 month contract with Eircom before the line could be released to any other provider....disgraceful that people on the other end of the line with Eircom are not aware of the regulations such as this. How many people are Eircom conning every year?

• Advertisement

**SIGH**

Hi Mark.....me again.

So I am currently still without phone & broadband and from the looks of it am not even remotely closer to getting connected.

I have a case open with Comreg and they are following up with both Eircom and VF. But in the meantime I thought I'd try speed things along myself.

I am told that Eircom as the National telecom provider hold a database of all lines and their current providers. As the line in my address keeps coming back as "Active" it must surely exist in this magical Eircom DB right? I am also told that the provider information is NOT....I repeat NOT protected by the DPA and that Eircom should be able to give me this information. I know you had mentioned before that you yourself cannot see this information. But who in Eircom can and how can I contact them?

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek

I checked every avenue that I could. I have been not been able to verify the information you are looking for. I know this is ongoing, however I can not escalate the matter further to wholesale as we are making a direct request on behalf of a new or existing customer.

I can only outline what I have been advised, I am really sorry I am unable to do more for you.

Mark

Advertisement