Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer monopoly?

Options
  • 24-09-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I have just purchased my first home and have learned that the previous owner was with Eircom and the line is still active. When chatting to Eircom Sales Team yesterday I was told that I (all new customers) must sign up to Eircom for 12 months before they would release my line to any other provider. 

This doesn't seem correct to me, as far as I am aware all other providers pay line rental to Eircom and as such I should be free to choose from any provider I wish, so why would I have to be an Eircom customer for 12 months? 

Thanks,
    Derek

P.S. I am not saying I will not chose Eircom I just think I should have a choice of providers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Why not just talk to the provider you want to go with? They will sort out the line for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

RangeR wrote: »
    Why not just talk to the provider you want to go with? They will sort out the line for you.
    Hi RangeR,
    Thanks for the comment.

I have tried this but Eircom will not release the line to any other provider.

According to Eircom the line must be active and in my name in order for other providers to use it. The catch is, to put it in my name I MUST sign up to a 12 month contract with EIRCOM!

Sounds pretty dodgy to me!

derek214 wrote: »
    Sounds pretty dodgy to me!
    Agreed.

So good news - after a chat with COMREG and yet another call to Eircom - They have all of a sudden changed their tune. Under the New Tenancy Procedure I should be able to change to any provider I wish  - It's as simple as faxing Eircom proof of ownership or tenancy.
    Of course this was only after  I mentioned COMREG and how I have been misinformed by multiple members of the Eircom team on different occasions. Eircom of course told me I may have misunderstood the agents I spoke to so I have requested they pull the recording of my call and I have provided them with a copy of my online chat which I will put below here (In this copy I have removed both mine and  the agents name and any of my details)

I also find it funny that no Eircom rep has replied to this thread but have replied to other threads in the time that this has been up!

ONLINE CHAT WITH EIRCOM:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]You are now connected with EIRCOM[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Hi EIRCOM[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]am [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]making an [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]enquire [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]regarding line [/font]01
    XXXXXXX
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Hi Derek, are you looking for broadband?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: I spoke to [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]someone [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]your [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]disconnect[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]team [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]yesterday [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]over [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the phone[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Is there [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]any [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]record of that on your[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]system?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Can you tell me [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]who [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was speaking to?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Was this just on [/font]1901 [font=Arial, sans-serif]Derek yes? Do you have[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]your account number to check the account?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: it was on [/font]180050303
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: no [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]account [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]number just the phone number[/font]
    01XXXXXXX
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font]I [font=Arial, sans-serif]am the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]new [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]owner of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]property [/font]3X XXXXX
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]XXXXXXXXXXX[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Dublin [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]would need to take the account number to[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]look up the account Derek?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]don’t have [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]an account[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: This line is [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]from the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]previous [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]owner [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]in my[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]house[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was told [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]yesterday [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]by [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]colleague of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]yours[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]that eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]would [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]r[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]elease [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]unless [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was an[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]customer for [/font]12 [font=Arial, sans-serif]months [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]- [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I believe this to be [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]illegal[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Ok Derek, did this previous customer move out[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]of the address?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: yes[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]have bought [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the house[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Ok Derek so you would need to send a fax of[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]purchase [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]agreement [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]us [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]so [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]that we can remove the[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]old persons account from your line and set up a new one.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]dont [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]want to set up [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a new account or[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]contract [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]with Eircom, I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]want [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to remove [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the old person and[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]want Eircom to release the line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to [/font]a [font=Arial, sans-serif]different provider[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Yesterday [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]told this [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]possible[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]and [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]l would have [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to be [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]an Eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]customer for [/font]12 [font=Arial, sans-serif]months[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Is [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]there any record [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]account belonging[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]to phone line [/font]012950883 [font=Arial, sans-serif]of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]my [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]call [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]yesterday?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Ok Derek[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif], [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]we cannot [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]release [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the line we can[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]only [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]cancel the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]from the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]previous account holder this[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]would mean that [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]if you wish [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to activate the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]then you[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]would be on contract with Eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]for [/font]12 [font=Arial, sans-serif]months.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]in your system?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: so I have no choice of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]ny [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]other provider I[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]must be on eircom?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]IF [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]wish [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to have [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]active line yes Im [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]afraid[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]so [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Derek.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: when you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]say [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]"this line" [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]you are [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]talking[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]about the physical [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]phone number correct?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Yes [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]this is [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]correct.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Ok, just [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]so [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I am [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]clear, [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]if I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]wish [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to have[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]broadband or [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]phone [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]in my [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]house [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the wired [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I MUST[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]become an eircom customer?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Isn't there [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]comreg [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]rules [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]against [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]this?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Im afraid that there is not as far as I know. You[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]will need to have line active for other serice providers to[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]use it [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]if [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]they require the line for seri1ce[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]. [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Other providers[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]for example UPC may not require an active [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]is active - just not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]in my name[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: UPC use their [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]own [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]infrastructure and [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]are[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]not on the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]phone [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Yes but you would need to activated in your[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]name[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif].[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: can [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]it [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]be transferred to my name without [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]contract?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: No im afraid not.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: So Eircom have [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]monopoly on all new[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]customers?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: If that is the way you see it Derek yes.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Would [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]disagree?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: I cannot [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]go with any other provider, what[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]would you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]call [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]it?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Derek, I am sorry that you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]would [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]need to[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]activate your line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]In [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]your name however this Is the only[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]way that it can be done if your chosen provider needs to[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]use the line for service [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]as these [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]are [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]lines and are[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]maintained and fixed [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]by [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]true [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]but that's why other [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]providers [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]pay[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Eircom line rental[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Im afraid [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]that I do [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]know [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]how [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]other[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]providers [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]work [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Derek.[/font]

Looks like there are still some old school employees in there. I thought they weeded out most of them. 

• Advertisement

Looks like there are still some old school employees in there. I thought they weeded out most of them. 
    sure are - I seem to have been on to a few of them in the last few days! Pretty furious that they blatantly think they can get away with conning people into 12 month contracts!! Unfortunately I would imagine their underhand tactics have worked on quite a few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

So good news - after a chat with COMREG and yet another call to Eircom - They have all of a sudden changed their tune. Under the New Tenancy Procedure I should be able to change to any provider I wish  - It's as simple as faxing Eircom proof of ownership or tenancy.
    Of course this was only after  I mentioned COMREG and how I have been misinformed by multiple members of the Eircom team on different occasions. Eircom of course told me I may have misunderstood the agents I spoke to so I have requested they pull the recording of my call and I have provided them with a copy of my online chat which I will put below here (In this copy I have removed both mine and  the agents name and any of my details)

I also find it funny that no Eircom rep has replied to this thread but have replied to other threads in the time that this has been up!

ONLINE CHAT WITH EIRCOM:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]You are now connected with EIRCOM[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Hi EIRCOM[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]am [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]making an [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]enquire [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]regarding line [/font]01
    XXXXXXX
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Hi Derek, are you looking for broadband?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: I spoke to [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]someone [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]your [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]disconnect[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]team [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]yesterday [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]over [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the phone[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Is there [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]any [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]record of that on your[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]system?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Can you tell me [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]who [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was speaking to?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Was this just on [/font]1901 [font=Arial, sans-serif]Derek yes? Do you have[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]your account number to check the account?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: it was on [/font]180050303
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: no [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]account [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]number just the phone number[/font]
    01XXXXXXX
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font]I [font=Arial, sans-serif]am the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]new [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]owner of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]property [/font]3X XXXXX
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]XXXXXXXXXXX[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Dublin [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]would need to take the account number to[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]look up the account Derek?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]don’t have [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]an account[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: This line is [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]from the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]previous [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]owner [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]in my[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]house[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was told [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]yesterday [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]by [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]colleague of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]yours[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]that eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]would [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]r[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]elease [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]unless [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was an[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]customer for [/font]12 [font=Arial, sans-serif]months [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]- [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I believe this to be [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]illegal[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Ok Derek, did this previous customer move out[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]of the address?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: yes[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]have bought [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the house[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Ok Derek so you would need to send a fax of[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]purchase [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]agreement [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]us [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]so [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]that we can remove the[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]old persons account from your line and set up a new one.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]dont [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]want to set up [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a new account or[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]contract [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]with Eircom, I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]want [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to remove [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the old person and[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]want Eircom to release the line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to [/font]a [font=Arial, sans-serif]different provider[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Yesterday [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]told this [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]was [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]possible[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]and [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]l would have [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to be [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]an Eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]customer for [/font]12 [font=Arial, sans-serif]months[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Is [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]there any record [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]account belonging[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]to phone line [/font]012950883 [font=Arial, sans-serif]of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]my [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]call [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]yesterday?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Ok Derek[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif], [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]we cannot [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]release [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the line we can[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]only [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]cancel the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]from the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]previous account holder this[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]would mean that [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]if you wish [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to activate the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]then you[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]would be on contract with Eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]for [/font]12 [font=Arial, sans-serif]months.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]in your system?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: so I have no choice of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]ny [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]other provider I[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]must be on eircom?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]IF [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]wish [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to have [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]active line yes Im [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]afraid[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]so [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Derek.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: when you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]say [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]"this line" [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]you are [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]talking[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]about the physical [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]phone number correct?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Yes [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]this is [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]correct.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Ok, just [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]so [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I am [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]clear, [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]if I [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]wish [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]to have[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]broadband or [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]phone [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]in my [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]house [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the wired [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]I MUST[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]become an eircom customer?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Isn't there [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]comreg [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]rules [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]against [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]this?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Im afraid that there is not as far as I know. You[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]will need to have line active for other serice providers to[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]use it [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]if [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]they require the line for seri1ce[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]. [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Other providers[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]for example UPC may not require an active [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]is active - just not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]in my name[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: UPC use their [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]own [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]infrastructure and [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]are[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]not on the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]phone [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]line[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Yes but you would need to activated in your[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]name[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif].[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: can [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]it [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]be transferred to my name without [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]contract?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: No im afraid not.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: So Eircom have [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]a [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]monopoly on all new[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]customers?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: If that is the way you see it Derek yes.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: Would [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]disagree?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: I cannot [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]go with any other provider, what[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]would you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]call [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]it?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Derek, I am sorry that you [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]would [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]need to[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]activate your line [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]In [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]your name however this Is the only[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]way that it can be done if your chosen provider needs to[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]use the line for service [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]as these [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]are [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]lines and are[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]maintained and fixed [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]by [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]eircom.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ME: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]true [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]but that's why other [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]providers [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]pay[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Eircom line rental[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]EIRCOM: Im afraid [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]that I do [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]not [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]know [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]how [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]other[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]providers [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]work [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Derek.[/font]
    Hi derek214

The first request is always to try and locate the existing provider to request the cease of the account. As the New Tenancy process can take some time. Regardless it should not have taken so long to be advised of that process.

If you would like to PM the address I can check it sporadically to see if the previous account house has been cleared.

Mark 

Hi derek214

The first request is always to try and locate the existing provider to request the cease of the account. As the New Tenancy process can take some time. Regardless it should not have taken so long to be advised of that process.

If you would like to PM the address I can check it sporadically to see if the previous account house has been cleared.

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

Firstly, Thank you for your reply. 
    I am happy to say that as of 30mins ago my line has finally been released by Eircom. With regards to your comment about being advised of the New Tenancy process should not have taken so long I would like to point out that in all my communications with Eircom I was never advised of this process!
    I was given this advice by comreg and only when I mention this New Tenancy process and comreg to Eircom do your agents take me seriously.

I have found the pure disregard for the comreg rules and policies absolutely disgusting! The cavalier way in which some Eircom agents seem to think they can deceive people into signing 12 month contracts cannot and should not be tolerated!

I have sent an email to your ccm@eircom.ie team and requested that they pull specific recordings/logs of my conversations and chats with more than one of your agents.
    Are you prepared to follow up with me regarding this email? can you at least have someone confirm the receipt of my mail?

I think you will agree that in the conversation I posted previously I gave the agent every opportunity to give me accurate and honest information, this is the same case for the conversation I had via phone to your agent in the cancellations department. The fact that the wrong, inaccurate and illegal information was given to me on more than one occasion by more than one agent would make me question what Eircom themselves are promoting and training their staff to do in these situations!?

I will PM you my details & look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Derek

Hi derek214

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

I am happy to say that as of 30mins ago my line has finally been released by Eircom. With regards to your comment about being advised of the New Tenancy process should not have taken so long I would like to point out that in all my communications with Eircom I was never advised of this process!
    I was given this advice by comreg and only when I mention this New Tenancy process and comreg to Eircom do your agents take me seriously.

I have found the pure disregard for the comreg rules and policies absolutely disgusting! The cavalier way in which some Eircom agents seem to think they can deceive people into signing 12 month contracts cannot and should not be tolerated!

I have sent an email to your ccm@eircom.ie team and requested that they pull specific recordings/logs of my conversations and chats with more than one of your agents.
    Are you prepared to follow up with me regarding this email? can you at least have someone confirm the receipt of my mail?

I think you will agree that in the conversation I posted previously I gave the agent every opportunity to give me accurate and honest information, this is the same case for the conversation I had via phone to your agent in the cancellations department. The fact that the wrong, inaccurate and illegal information was given to me on more than one occasion by more than one agent would make me question what Eircom themselves are promoting and training their staff to do in these situations!?

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek,

I will do my best to try get the account and broadband order connected as quickly as possible. The e-mail complaints are generally logged within 24 hours of receipt.

I can get back to you via PM when you send on the details.

Thanks, Mark 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

2-3 years ago this was certainly Eircom's position - I was forced to take a 12 month contract with them and couldn't use any alternative for 12 months due to Eircom not releasing the line first time I used the it in our house (previous owner had a line, so it was installed, we'd not used it in 3 years).

• Advertisement

Hi derek214

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek,

I will do my best to try get the account and broadband order connected as quickly as possible. The e-mail complaints are generally logged within 24 hours of receipt.

Thanks, Mark 
    I Mark,

Lets get one thing very clear please.  I do not have a broadband order with Eircom and certainly do not want to be connected to Eircom following the recent days events! 
    Have you even read my posts?
    All my communications via phone, online chat and this thread have revolved around two things!

1. Releasing my line to another vendor (This is now apparently complete)
    2. Following up on my complaint I have logged with your CCM team.

I have requested that you follow up on the latter as I have not heard anything and I supplied my details in a PM for this reason ONLY.

Thank you,
    Derek

Hi derek214

Mark 
    Hi Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek,

Thanks, Mark 
    I Mark,

Lets get one thing very clear please.  I do not have a broadband order with Eircom and certainly do not want to be connected to Eircom following the recent days events! 
    Have you even read my posts?
    All my communications via phone, online chat and this thread have revolved around two things!

1. Releasing my line to another vendor (This is now apparently complete)
    2. Following up on my complaint I have logged with your CCM team.

I have requested that you follow up on the latter as I have not heard anything and I supplied my details in a PM for this reason ONLY.

Thank you,
    Derek
    Hi Derek,

Not to worry I am clear you do not want any order to be issued. I got the PM and checked the address which has not been cleared as yet. I will check again tomorrow and also check with complaints to insure your e-mail complaint has been logged.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the follow up. Having read my previous posts I hope you can understand my frustrations here with all that I have been told. I do understand that you are only trying to help.

Would appreciate if you can check my line again tomorrow because I have a voicemail from leslie in you cancellations department saying and  I quote "I have canceled that line there so its actually free to go to Vodafone"

Thanks for the help
    Derek

Hi Mark,

Appreciate the follow up. Having read my previous posts I hope you can understand my frustrations here with all that I have been told. I do understand that you are only trying to help.

Would appreciate if you can check my line again tomorrow because I have a voicemail from leslie in you cancellations department saying and  I quote "I have canceled that line there so its actually free to go to Vodafone"

Thanks for the help
    Derek
    Hi Derek

I just followed up again. The previous telephone number your provided is showing was connected to number 25. The address you had listed was number 35.

Can you confirm the address again please.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help
    Derek
    Hi Derek

I just followed up again. The previous telephone number your provided is showing was connected to number 25. The address you had listed was number 35.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

The address is 35.

The phone number I supplied was given to me by an eircom rep..

Thanks,
    Derek

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help
    Derek
    Hi Derek

Mark
    Hi Mark,

The address is 35.

Thanks,
    Derek

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help
    Derek
    Hi Derek

Mark
    Hi Mark,

The address is 35.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek,

Thanks for that, the 35 address was the details I was checking yesterday. It is still not cleared on our systems as yet.

I spoke to complaints and they confirmed they received the e-mail and it is in the queue to be logged.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Any idea when my line will be cleared?

Thanks,
    Derek

Thanks Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek
    The standard lead time we have to give for the New tenancy process is 5-10 working days as the details have to be cleared through wholesale and are then sent to all the telecom providers to update the address databases.

However I will keep checking it for you.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek
    The standard lead time we have to give for the New tenancy process is 5-10 working days as the details have to be cleared through wholesale and are then sent to all the telecom providers to update the address databases.

Mark
    This seems different to what I was told by your cancellations department yesterday when they left me a voicemail at 2pm. I was told the line has been cancelled and it is free to go to vodafone

I can send you an MP3 of the voicemail if you require it?...its not big - just 505KB

Thanks,
    Derek

• Advertisement

Thanks Mark,

Thanks,
    Derek

Mark
    This seems different to what I was told by your cancellations department yesterday when they left me a voicemail at 2pm. I was told the line has been cancelled and it is free to go to vodafone

I can send you an MP3 of the voicemail if you require it?...its not big - just 505KB

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi Derek

Number 25 is now showing as cleared as of today the 26th, I am unsure if cancellations were checking the address through the telephone number and did not insure they were looking at number 35? I have double checked 35 which is currently still showing as a working line.

Again it may just still be in the process of clearing of our systems, have you checked with the provider you are moving to, to see what there systems list the line / address as today?

Mark

Can you check what cancellations did?
    I am not making any more calls to Eircom, my next phone call is back to comreg. This is ridiculous! 
    I provided the number that was given to me by an Eircom rep in your online chat team.
    I provided proof of ownership (new tenancy) for no 35.

So, can you please ensure that by COB today that the line for my property is cleared and released.

If I have the incorrect phone number my new provider cannot check what the line comes back as, can you PM me the correct phone number for 35 please?

Thanks,
    Derek

I am not making any more calls to Eircom, my next phone call is back to comreg. This is ridiculous! 
    I provided the number that was given to me by an Eircom rep in your online chat team.

So, can you please ensure that by COB today that the line for my property is cleared and released.

If I have the incorrect phone number my new provider cannot check what the line comes back as, can you PM me the correct phone number for 35 please?

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

I have confirm the request was sent for 35 (correct address) it was just the agent gave the incorrect telephone number.

It is just a case of waiting for the cease of the account to process I'm afraid.

Mark

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

I have confirm the request was sent for 35 (correct address) it was just the agent gave the incorrect telephone number.

It is just a case of waiting for the cease of the account to process I'm afraid.

Mark
    Thanks Mark, can I count on you to update me once cleared?

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

Mark
    Hi Derek,

I checked just now. Still not cleared as yet. I will check again on Monday.

Mark

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

Mark
    Hi Derek,

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Please tell me my line is now cleared?

Also can you give me an update on my complaint I sent to your CCM team, I logged it on the 24th according to you it takes up to 24hrs for my complaint to be logged in your system but yet here I am 6 days later with not so much as a confirmation of receipt. You have my details as does your CCM team - Please have someone contact me ASAP.

Thanks,
    Derek

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hi derek214

Mark
    Hi Derek,

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Please tell me my line is now cleared?

Also can you give me an update on my complaint I sent to your CCM team, I logged it on the 24th according to you it takes up to 24hrs for my complaint to be logged in your system but yet here I am 6 days later with not so much as a confirmation of receipt. You have my details as does your CCM team - Please have someone contact me ASAP.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Anybody?

We're coming close to COB of another day here..

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but I will do so until my issues are resolved and I have satisfactory results.

Can someone please respond to my questions?

1. (most importantly) Can you confirm that my line is now cleared?
    2. Can you give me your SLA times on your CCM teams queue, I logged my complaint on 24/09/2013 and today have still had no contact from them.

Thanks,
    D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but I will do so until my issues are resolved and I have satisfactory results.

Can someone please respond to my questions?

1. (most importantly) Can you confirm that my line is now cleared?
    2. Can you give me your SLA times on your CCM teams queue, I logged my complaint on 24/09/2013 and today have still had no contact from them.

Thanks,
    D

Hi Derek,

I'm afraid the line is not cleared as of yet and we have no update on this. We'll come back to you as soon as we have.

The complaints team have a resolution lead time of 10 working days, unfortunately we don’t have the systems to check for complaints from here. If you wish to follow up you can call them directly.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi Tracey,

I do appreciate the response and apologise if this comes across as abrupt and rude but How is there no update on this? According to an voicemail left for me on the 25th this was completed and the line was cleared!!  

I want a phone call and answers from Eircom TODAY!

You have seen the chat with your rep, I have requested that the conversation recording with one of your reps be pulled because of what I was told over the phone and now I've been round in circles on this forum with zero results or any real answers! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! 

I go back to COMREG at 9am tomorrow (2/10/2013)

Also with regards to calling your complaints department, because I do not have an account with Eircom your customer service "cannot deal with me" Is there a number for the CCM team or how do you suggest I "call them directly"?

Thanks,
    Derek

Advertisement