Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer monopoly?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Just to throw it in here, that I closed the purchase of my house only last week in which there is a line still under the previous owners name. I called Eircom only this morning and was told that I had to sign up to a new 12 month contract with Eircom before the line could be released to any other provider....disgraceful that people on the other end of the line with Eircom are not aware of the regulations such as this. How many people are Eircom conning every year?
    Hi splashthecash

We insure to advise any customers looking to connect to eircom that there is a new 12 month contract.  However as far as I am aware all companies / customers have a process to request a full installation (on the eircom network) through the provider they wish to connect to. 

The request is sent through wholesale and may require eircom engineers to complete the connection, however the account order will always be under the company the order was issued with?

Mark

Advertisement