Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched from Vodafone to Eircom, billing issues

Options
  • 24-09-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Had been with Vodafone for a number  of years for Home Phone and Broadband, package included 3MB broadband, paying €45 a month for the package. Over that period received plenty of calls from Eircom looking to switch back but Eircom could'nt match the Vodafone price. A  few months ago, got a call from Eircom, offering €35 a month for the first 6 months and €50 per month after that.  If we used our existing modem we would get an additional €30 credit plus a free upgrade to eFibre when available.

Doing the maths, it waqs working out €60 a year cheaper so we switched,asked for an e-mail confirming  all this, never received.  After the switchover, I noticed the broadband speed was really slow, ran speedtest on it, down to 1Mb. Rang Eircom, was told the package we were on gave you max 1 MB. I asked the rep why anyone would switch back for lower speeds. I was put on the 3mb.   Again, asked for an e-mail confirmation, never received one.
    To be fair, I have had no problems with the speed since then.

It's the billing that is the issue, every bill that we received has been wrong, have had to ring Eircom each month to get it sorted. Latest bill arrived, wrong again,  they never applied a credit whic they said they would. So rang Eircom yeat again, was told the €35 package did'nt exist, however rep said that it was possible to apply a credit to the account, asked for an e-mail confirming all this and not for the first time ,Eircom are not able to do so. Asked why they equest an e-mail address, it's to let customers know about any offers.

Have asked to speak to a manager, will get a call  within 48 hours!! Some customer service. Next step will be to contact Comreg see if we can get out of this 12 month contract. Additionally looks like it will be 2015 before eFibre comes to where I live.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

sylvanb wrote: »
    Had been with Vodafone for a number  of years for Home Phone and Broadband, package included 3MB broadband, paying €45 a month for the package. Over that period received plenty of calls from Eircom looking to switch back but Eircom could'nt match the Vodafone price. A  few months ago, got a call from Eircom, offering €35 a month for the first 6 months and €50 per month after that.  If we used our existing modem we would get an additional €30 credit plus a free upgrade to eFibre when available.

Doing the maths, it waqs working out €60 a year cheaper so we switched,asked for an e-mail confirming  all this, never received.  After the switchover, I noticed the broadband speed was really slow, ran speedtest on it, down to 1Mb. Rang Eircom, was told the package we were on gave you max 1 MB. I asked the rep why anyone would switch back for lower speeds. I was put on the 3mb.   Again, asked for an e-mail confirmation, never received one.
    To be fair, I have had no problems with the speed since then.

It's the billing that is the issue, every bill that we received has been wrong, have had to ring Eircom each month to get it sorted. Latest bill arrived, wrong again,  they never applied a credit whic they said they would. So rang Eircom yeat again, was told the €35 package did'nt exist, however rep said that it was possible to apply a credit to the account, asked for an e-mail confirming all this and not for the first time ,Eircom are not able to do so. Asked why they equest an e-mail address, it's to let customers know about any offers.

Have asked to speak to a manager, will get a call  within 48 hours!! Some customer service. Next step will be to contact Comreg see if we can get out of this 12 month contract. Additionally looks like it will be 2015 before eFibre comes to where I live.
    Hi sylvanb

Can you send me a PM with your eircom account number or tel no: so I can look into this for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bailie

hi sylvanb

know how u feel i have just changed to eircom from vodafone for faster broadband ---- 1st bill was split because it was the middle of the month they couldnt apply my agreed 35p/m ok but my next bill was charged at 55 for the month  ( i had another issue apart from the wrong bill pricing) but like you the customer service is awful constantly ringing never getting the same person i  asked to speak to a manager to be told they didnt have one there asked if i called back later would i get to speak to one but the agent didnt know
    really sorry i changed and now signed up for 12 months mad mad mad 

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

It seems their billing team is the most incompetent team I've ever come across - they can never put you on a correct tariff, never actually apply credits on time and they also just never seem to leave notes on accounts. Also trying to find a manager in Eircom to speak with is impossible. This company is going to end up with no customers with the bad rep they're getting - where I work (big company) I've already turned numerous people off of signing over to this shambles of a company and I think if a lot of people do pass on their terrible experiences, it'll show Eircoms true colours. You know what they say, it's a lot easier to remember a bad reputation of a company than a good reputation. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

It seems their billing team is the most incompetent team I've ever come across - they can never put you on a correct tariff, never actually apply credits on time and they also just never seem to leave notes on accounts. Also trying to find a manager in Eircom to speak with is impossible. This company is going to end up with no customers with the bad rep they're getting - where I work (big company) I've already turned numerous people off of signing over to this shambles of a company and I think if a lot of people do pass on their terrible experiences, it'll show Eircoms true colours. You know what they say, it's a lot easier to remember a bad reputation of a company than a good reputation. 
    Hi Guys,

We appreciate the first bill or first bill after the broadband / bundle has been applied can be confusing. We have set up a explanation on our forum which may help - http://bit.ly/17VJsOl

Also feel free to PM us with any direct account details & queries you would like us to look into.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement