Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - recent Book Club read(Possible Spoilers)

Options
  • 24-09-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_Girl_(novel)

Not sure if this could be considered literature, judging by some of the titles being discussed here but I have just read this novel as my Book Club read and loved it.

I'm curious as to other people's thoughts on the book.

I personally found it a very interesting take on the usual generic whodunnits and the-husband-dunnits and loved the twist in it.

It would also make you question your own prejudaces and reactions to crimes and how they are presented by the media.

I also the physcological aspect too and the insight into Amy Dunne's clearly troubled mind.

Your Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Persiancowboy

Hated it.....packed with utterly dislikeable characters and far to smart for its own good....

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Wasn't really my cup of tea. It was easy to read but I thought the end was a bit of a cop out. They just stay together?!

Didn't find it to be much of a gripping book. Good airport book though probably.

With a few of the chapters I liked how it was written from a mans point of view and then changed to a woman's.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I loved Gone Girl. Great page turner. I needed to know what happened asap. Read it in about a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I thought it was ridiculously far-fetched. I love thrillers, but this was just completely unbelievable. Also, the main characters were odious.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

Rubbish ending,wish they both were killed.Not a bad book though, 6 out of 10

• Advertisement
Advertisement