Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrcian - Electric shower

Options
  • 24-09-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Anyone able to recommend an electrician who fixes electric showers? Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What's actually wrong with the shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

There is only one temperature, scalding hot! I think it might be something to do with a thermostat but i'm only guessing at that.
    Even if i put the dial to the coldest option on te schower the water temp wont change. Not sure if its a common prob? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nite Klub

Doesn't sound like you need an electrician. Sounds like there is a blockage causing the flow rate to be less than what it should be which would cause the water to heat up quickly. Check the hose and showerhead for blockages from limescale etc. Also try going on the site of the maker of the shower and troubleshooting. If you find out what the problem is you can normally order parts over the internet and go on youtube to see how to fix it. I saved myself over a hundred quid doing this for my washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Eddie Kavanagh installed the shower in my mother's place. She was happy out. I've gotten some work done by him and would recommend him.
    087 2233302

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If you unscrew the shower head and turn on the shower, check the temp of the water then, if it's still scalding then it may be a build up of limescale, it the water is the normal temp, then it's your shower head that the problem.

If the water is still scalding without the shower head, what you can try is, turn on the shower to the max heat setting for a min or two, while holding the hose upwards, then after a min or so, turn the temp down to the lowest setting and make sure you turn the hose downwards otherwise you'll get soaked. This should help break up any limescale that may be on the heating element.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

That's sounds like common fault you would find in the Ferrybank area due to the hardness of the water and limescale damaging the thermostat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone able to recommend an electrician who fixes electric showers? Thanks :)

i know its obvious but dont be tempted to take shower control panel off and fiddle around with it. if you must, make sure all electricity is off (trip switch) at the mains and you have told everyone in house not to go near it. Good suggestions on here re: hard water in ferrybank and other areas

Advertisement