Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe vs USA basketball

Options
  • 24-09-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

After seeing the top 5 eurobasket players named on Sunday I believe this team playing the USA would be an incredible spectacle.

What do you think guys? Would it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Oh yeah, would love to see a game like that. If you look at how close Spain ran the US in the last 2 Olympic finals (and Lithuania in the pool game in London) it would be really interesting to see what a European all star team could do. The European game causes so many problems for the US and is a real contrast between the fundamental-led team ethic Euro game vs the more athletic and individual US game. The 5 picked players are all class, but you'd find a role for Pau Gasol who didn't play in the tournament. And Dirk Nowitzki. And several others! Would be a great spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seanyboy

It would be amazing and very popular in my opinion. Nowitzki yeah, another amazing player and Rubio would clearly get lots of time too (even though he wasnt in the top 5). The NBA hierarchy is very conservative though so doubt they would allow a spotlight on European talent that could question the US domination of the sport cause at the moment they would shoot them off the floor in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Without a doubt it would be more meaningful than the money making crappy All Stars game! In addition to the euro league players, there are some excellent European and Russian duses in the NBA.

It could be treated like the Ryder Cup.I would imagine guys like Kobe would be up for it!

Ideally it could be a two leg accurate score game, home and away(different cities ea h year) alas all stars means alot to any American city so they would not want to loose the annual gig and two games seems alot considering.the heavy March Season.

Wonder what would American fans.think, owners would say no

It Woud give.some Americans a good wake up call.

Go team Europe

Maybe an internet campaign could get it going?

Advertisement