Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone

• 24-09-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I had a bill pay account with Vodafone where I paid every month but then I noticed that Vodafone were getting paid by direct debit as it was a joint bank account I first assumed my partner had set up DD but not so .anyhow I iformed the bank and they cannot tell me how it was set up and Vodafone can't or won't tell me after numerous requests to tell me and because the bank have no information on who or how dd was set up they have refunded all money taken by dd. Has anyone had simular
    happen to them and is this stealing.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

So did you fill in your bank details on any vodafone forms, or do/did you have any other accounts with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mattman087

No we did not fill in any of our banks details, but i had phone with vodafone once but that was in my name and the internet account was in my partners name ,2 different names but same address

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My point is you must have given them your bank details at some stage, they can't guess your a/c number. :)

I cant understand how they got our details nor can the bank and because i stopped the direct debit vodafone say they cannot find out either unless i give them my bank details so that they can trace back as to how it happened, but i feel that if i give them the bank details they can then manufacture a report in their favor. There is no hard copy either yet any other DD i have set up the bank has a signed hard copy and details of who and when it was set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

Bank is best place to start. Ask them for the copy of the DD setup they recieved. There MUST be a DD Mandate in place for the bank to allow a 3rd party suck shekels out of your account.
    A DD Mandate is what you usually supply to the 3rd party and they then submit to the bank ie "Jimmy Smith has said it's ok for me to collect X per month".
    If none exists, the bank will be liable.
    Other posters have pointed out, it's good guesswork for the Vodafone lads to have got your account AND sort code, but, maybe they had this on file from an earlier incarnation (still doesn't mean there's a legit mandate though!).

• Advertisement

No DD mandate at bank so they returned all money paid by direct debit. It's also strange that Vodafone only started taking money. after about 9mmonths into contract

Advertisement