Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom router- 'IP address conflict'

Options
  • 24-09-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I set up a new account with Eircom and today installed the modem. I have a laptop and an iphone working on the wifi but one other laptop won't connect to the net. Sometimes a message comes up on it about an 'IP address conflict'. Is anyone familiar with this issue and can provide advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you setting the addresses statically or by DHCP?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

reset your network adapter to clear the ip conflict

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

I've reset the IP address, and reset the network adaptor and still nothing. It's strange because the other laptop is working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

I've reset the IP address, and reset the network adaptor and still nothing. It's strange because the other laptop is working perfectly.

Setup DHCP on your router and on the clients allow them to get their IP from the router

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Also make sure that your IPv4 settings are not set manually, leave them on auto.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows7/change-tcp-ip-settings

Same for your iPhone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Wouldn't a new Eircom router have DCHP enabled by default?

If one laptop and one iphone is connecting without issues, I don't think it's a DHCP enabled/disabled issue.

OP what do you mean you by "I've reset the IP address"?

Silly question maybe but are you resetting the correct adapter? You probably have two (or more), so make sure you're resetting the WiFi adapter.

What about trying to reset it via command line - instructions.

Edit: What type of laptop is it btw?

Advertisement