Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ivy House in Drumcondra closed?

Options
  • 24-09-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Just curious does anyone know why The Ivy House in Drumcondra has been closed the past few days? It hasn't been open for lunch for the past few days anyway? :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Good enough...overpriced dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Actually just on Drumcondra what's story with the Big Tree? Drove past last night 11pm total darkness. Students all over the place and the Big Tree closed, does it not bring in students anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Probably still recovering from Sundays antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

chopper6 wrote: »
    Good enough...overpriced dump.

Pricey, but I wouldnt call it a dump! Lovely staff, good smoking area and fantastic food. And you could get some of the more unusual beers there.

My favourite pub in drumcondra tbh, I'd be quite sad if it was gone.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was in there Friday night anyway. It mighnt be the cheapest but they have a few decent beers on tap and I'd be disappointed if it was gone.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Actually just on Drumcondra what's story with the Big Tree? Drove past last night 11pm total darkness. Students all over the place and the Big Tree closed, does it not bring in students anymore?

They're not opening midweek anymore.

As far as I know it's only Thursday to Sunday now.

I'm not surprised, it's always deserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They're not opening midweek anymore.

As far as I know it's only Thursday to Sunday now.

I'm not surprised, it's always deserted.

That's a pity. It's a nice pub with great food. I always intended to go down for their movie nights on Tuesdays but never got around to it!

Edit: Just saw on their website they are still doing the movie nights, but just on the last Tuesday of the month. http://www.theivyhouse.ie/the-arts/movies

And on their FB page they were advertising €4 drinks for Monday 23rd September, as well as advertising that they were showing premier league matches on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Think he meant The Big Tree was closed midweek, not the Ivy House.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh, should have read the post properly :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is it still closed (Ivy House)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

face1990 wrote: »
    Pricey, but I wouldnt call it a dump! Lovely staff, good smoking area and fantastic food. And you could get some of the more unusual beers there.

My favourite pub in drumcondra tbh, I'd be quite sad if it was gone.

I used to live in a house beside it in 2006/07, was some spot back then..very convenient, great for sporting occasions and usually had a good crowd. anyone know if the little side bar is closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is it still closed (Ivy House)?

Pretty sure I saw tweets about The Script playing there yesterday for Arthurs Day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Noopti wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw tweets about The Script playing there yesterday for Arthurs Day

Well the queue was out the door as I walked past it anyway....not that I care about Arthurs Day.
    Definitely not closed

Advertisement